SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews with Canada

siouxhockey5

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shane doan praising toews, doan has to be in my top 5 of pro athletes i have worked with, hes the nicest guy...nopt bad linemates for JT!

But then, the next shift, we responded with a goal ourselves."

That came from Toews, the highly touted Chicago Blackhawks draft pick, who banged in a rebound at 11:09.

Toews, who arrived in a contingent that is filling in before late additions from the NHL are added to the team, skated on a line with Doan and Rick Nash.

"He's going to be, or rather he is, a very good player," said Doan.

shane doan praising toews, doan has to be in my top 5 of pro athletes i have worked with, hes the nicest guy...nopt bad linemates for JT!

But then, the next shift, we responded with a goal ourselves."

That came from Toews, the highly touted Chicago Blackhawks draft pick, who banged in a rebound at 11:09.

Toews, who arrived in a contingent that is filling in before late additions from the NHL are added to the team, skated on a line with Doan and Rick Nash.

"He's going to be, or rather he is, a very good player," said Doan.

was this part of the quote, or have you worked with a lot of pro athletes?

Looks like Toews may have officially been added to Team Canada. Makes me nervous the way they described him as a Chicago Blackhawk. Did he sign today? :)

If he didn't sign maybe we should ask the news service to make a correction to unclude him as a UND hockey player.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_sto...canadian_hockey

The news article above was been edited to include mention of Jonathan Toews as a prospect and mentioned his playing time at UND.

Well theoretically...he could return to UND in the fall and complete the season with the Fighting Sioux and when we win #8 he will immediately sign with Chicago and finish the NHL season with them? That would make Murray's statement true and keep Toews at UND for another year.

i like the way you think. :D

Well theoretically...he could return to UND in the fall and complete the season with the Fighting Sioux and when we win #8 he will immediately sign with Chicago and finish the NHL season with them? That would make Murray's statement true and keep Toews at UND for another year.

Except isn't next years Frozen Four a week later than normal, which would mean that providing we were to make it to the Frozen Four, the Blackhawks season would be over, as we know they won't be making the playoffs again!

people are kidding theirselves if they are expecting toews to come back next season. really. i understand hope and all but be realistic as well. if he came back it would be friken unbelivable!! but brace for him leaving as most of us expected. great for him if he makes team canada. pretty sweet for JT...

I almost think we might need him to leave...i no u all will think im crazy or already do but.. heres my reasoning

1. to much pressure and to great f expectations

2. not enough recruits will be able to get playing time

3. after next year, we will have a severe loss of players

4. keep him out of trouble for his own sake

5. so i can stress more and drink mroe during the games

This solidifies my suspicions of Toews leaving. I mean cmon, now he knows he can play with the big boys for sure. I'm still not gonna lose my hope just yet though, not until a press conference or he's in Grand Forks next October.

he knows what hes gonna do, and i think he knew already he could play with the big boys as you call him

I almost think we might need him to leave...i no u all will think im crazy or already do but.. heres my reasoning

1. to much pressure and to great f expectations

2. not enough recruits will be able to get playing time

3. after next year, we will have a severe loss of players

4. keep him out of trouble for his own sake

5. so i can stress more and drink mroe during the games

uhhh, yeah........CRAZY, sorry can buy a thing here, not all recruits need to come in, stay out of trouble :D halarious, funniest thing you stated really.... thay can still play juniors, pressure?? ill take that anyday of the week with him on my team, yeah, your post was crazy :)

sorry mr.arizona...not all of us have it as nice as u do down there

yeah, its gona be so nice here, 110 degrees everyday coming, cant touch your steering wheel for 10 minutes, walk outside and feel like your in a oven baking, sweat non stop, thank god for pools :D kind of like bitter cold winters in a way, thats why everyone here is packing up as we speak to head back to the midwest :)

yeah, its gona be so nice here, 110 degrees everyday coming, cant touch your steering wheel for 10 minutes, walk outside and feel like your in a oven baking, sweat non stop, thank god for pools :D

rather have that then -25 below with a -60 below windchill with 30mph winds and blowing snow...cant even see ur hand in front of u