SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews with Canada

siouxhockey5

rather have that then -25 below with a -60 below windchill with 30mph winds and blowing snow...cant even see ur hand in front of u

oh trust me, i hear ya, lived it myself in bemidji and grand forks, sucks ass

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

s&!t prolly could change in 5 here with no mts or nothing...

we wil be lucky to have a day with 5mph winds...and only 12 keystones.

idk about talkin about the weather but im having fun... havin a coupel keysteons..hell why lie more like 18 keystones so far

Stop with the nonsensical, intentionally poorly written, off-topic posts.

Looks like Toews may have officially been added to Team Canada. Makes me nervous the way they described him as a Chicago Blackhawk. Did he sign today? :D

If he didn't sign maybe we should ask the news service to make a correction to unclude him as a UND hockey player.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_sto...canadian_hockey

The news article above was been edited to include mention of Jonathan Toews as a prospect and mentioned his playing time at UND.

If JT does stay at UND, but gets off to a slow start next year, we can blame it on the fatigue from playing in the World Tournament in May ... wait - fatige from international competition is just an excuse for Gophers.

Are we old people sittin around and talking about the weather? Man F the offseason.

Yup, you'll all be getting an official "old man" card/certificate in the mail any day now. And unfortunately, it's yours forever. It's not like the man card that you currently have. Your friends can't cut a corner off of it when they catch you drinking drinks that have umbrella's in them (rule 32.1 in the man book says that these drinks are ok if on a tropical vacation), or watching Lifetime television, asking your friend if what you're wearing looks ok, if it takes you longer to get ready than your significant other, saying you're shopping for an outfit, telling friends that your wife/girlfriend won't let you go out (the game, Final Five, Frozen Four, our for a couple of beers), etc... So, sorry, there's no "losing" the old man card once it's been issued.

If JT does stay at UND, but gets off to a slow start next year, we can blame it on the fatigue from playing in the World Tournament in May ... wait - fatige from international competition is just an excuse for Gophers.

After every game that they lose the media is going to have to use that one.

Is there any doubt left about what Toews will do next season?

So far, he hasn't declared an intention to leave school and take a crack at the Chicago Blackhawks, who drafted him third overall last summer.

But it seems Murray's already done it for him.

"I'm just glad I have a little extra time to keep playing with these guys, before having to do it either next season or somewhere down the road," Toews said.

I didn't like this in the article... :D But how lucky were we to have Toews pick UND. One more year would be great, but being expected to win a National Championship would be tough.

I didn't like this in the article... :D But how lucky were we to have Toews pick UND. One more year would be great, but being expected to win a National Championship would be tough.

Yeah, it may be tough, but isn't that what you play for? I still haven't ruled out the possibility that he comes back...although he sure could go and fit in. I think this tournament may be the deciding factor. Let's hope that he's still putting a lot of stock into what his buddies at UND are saying, and that Oshie, Chorney, etc. are in his ear to come back and win #8.

Yeah, it may be tough, but isn't that what you play for? I still haven't ruled out the possibility that he comes back...although he sure could go and fit in. I think this tournament may be the deciding factor. Let's hope that he's still putting a lot of stock into what his buddies at UND are saying, and that Oshie, Chorney, etc. are in his ear to come back and win #8.

If Toews and Lee come back (Perhaps if they don't) this class will be an NCAA class for the ages...

The roster was made from NHL players that were not in the NHL playoffs. Crosby was in the playoffs at the time.....

And he is not going to play as he played the last 2 1/2 weeks of the regular season as well as their playoff series with a broken foot. He is going to take the time to heal instead of participating in the World Championships.

The one thing going in UND's favor is that when JT sets his mind to something, he does it. If he has set his sights on a 3rd World Jrs. Championship and an NCAA championship, look for him to be back next year. It would be incredible to be a person who 1) wins his 3rd World Jrs, 2) wins his 2nd Men's World (2008), and 3) wins an NCAA championship all within a 6 month period. A lot of things have to go right to do that, but it would be an incredible legacy.

Edit: And just maybe wins a Hobey Baker, although Duncan might want to have some say in that.