157 members have voted

1. 1. Does Toews stay?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing IMO would have made a difference has happened, the rest of the team staying together. It's still iffy, but maybe now we've got a chance.

That would start us out as the preseason pick now wouldn't it.

I agree wholeheartedly Whistler. I think Chorney, Duncs and TJ stayings changes the dynamic. Now Jon is weighing staying here with his homeboys against going to get the money that will be there (and the exact same amount!) whether he goes now or a year from now.

I'm moving JT staying into the "maybe" column; it's been in the "color him gone" ledger for months.

On the coaches show about a minute ago Hak told a story about a couple guys coming in to the office saying they were going to stay for next year....and this is post Oshie-Duncan-Chorney staying....then Hak said he may have slipped up a bit and let out a hint that someone is staying (in different words).

Could it be Toews? Hopes are high on this end. :lol:

On the coaches show about a minute ago Hak told a story about a couple guys coming in to the office saying they were going to stay for next year....and this is post Oshie-Duncan-Chorney staying....then Hak said he may have slipped up a bit and let out a hint that someone is staying (in different words).

Could it be Toews? Hopes are high on this end. :lol:

I heard that too, I was waiting for PCM's recap to confirm it. I wonder...

Well, not to shatter anyone's illusions here, but a buddy of mine and I did visit Hak's office and tell him that in spite of my season tickets going up in price AGAIN, I am coming back next season. :lol:

In order to impress us you're going to have to tell us you turned down the top offer from the NHL club.

I heard that too, I was waiting for PCM's recap to confirm it. I wonder...

Hakstol was talking about Oshie, Duncan and Chorney. He specifically said that Toews and Lee would take longer to make their decisons.

The whole show was a bit confusing because Hennessy and Hakstol spoke as if Oshie hadn't told anybody about his plans to return. Obviously, he has. They apparently hadn't heard about it.

Hakstol was talking about Oshie, Duncan and Chorney. He specifically said that Toews and Lee would take longer to make their decisons.

The whole show was a bit confusing because Hennessy and Hakstol spoke as if Oshie hadn't told anybody about his plans to return. Obviously, he has. They apparently hadn't heard about it.

They obviously need to read this board more to get the inside scoop. Especially Hakstol.

As for there being room for players to come in it may get really tight....i believe that marto is one that has to come in though because i think he is approaching the age limit in the ushl and i dont know if there is anywhere else he could go. I could be wrong on the age limit but i do think he is one player that may have to come in even if he wouldnt get a ton of playing time

As for there being room for players to come in it may get really tight....i believe that marto is one that has to come in though because i think he is approaching the age limit in the ushl and i dont know if there is anywhere else he could go. I could be wrong on the age limit but i do think he is one player that may have to come in even if he wouldnt get a ton of playing time

I think we need Marto to come in this year...if anything just to gain a little bit experience for the next season, when he will be sorely needed.

I think there are too many factors to keep him here:

1.) He is ready to go, but 1 more year will have him develop into that 90-100 point NHL player he has the potential to be.

2.) With the D. and O. staying, why would he be the ass to break up the most potent and deadly lines in recent college hockey history?

3.) The Rookie Max will be there in a year too

4.) The Blackhawks have a very high draft pick coming and if he comes in to play right away, JT may not get as much playing time.

5.) He has probably a 95% chance to wear the C for team Canada in the WJ, and he prolly wants to get a third title in a row.

any more legit reasons people can think of?

Just because hes signs with the Blackhawks does not guarantee a spot on the NHL roster he still has to EARN a spot.

He is not big enough yet, he is no Sidney Crosby.

He is good but still has room for improvement, he needs to settle down when he has the puck and create not just try to razzle dazzle through traffic and lose the puck.

One player is not going to improve the Blackhawks, why not stay with a great team and try and win #8.

Just because hes signs with the Blackhawks does not guarantee a spot on the NHL roster he still has to EARN a spot.

He is not big enough yet, he is no Sidney Crosby.

He is good but still has room for improvement, he needs to settle down when he has the puck and create not just try to razzle dazzle through traffic and lose the puck.

One player is not going to improve the Blackhawks, why not stay with a great team and try and win #8.

yeah, and who in the hell is sidney crosby?? theres 1 sid the kid....i would love to see a list from a actual GM on this stuff, really would....everyone has room for improvement even in the nhl....the other side is the faster he gets in the faster he will adapt to everything. he is ready either way he decides which i believe will be signing a pro contract.

Regardless if Toews leaves, I still think you might see the DOT line with Trupp. He appears to have some get up and go that could match that of Oshie and Duncan. It would be nice to slip Toews in there again and let Trupp add scoring to the rest of the lineup. How great would that be?

What kind of an impact could Chorney, Duncan, Oshie, and Toews have on other younger players that look up to them staying for their junior years? I would think that those guys are so well known across the nation that the freshman and sophomores coming up could look at them as an example and decide to play more years of college hockey.