157 members have voted

1. 1. Does Toews stay?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have anything to prove...let's see if the peer pressure can keep him around one more year.

There is going to be an awful lot of competition for ice time up front, especially if JT comes back:

Toews

Duncan

Oshie

Dutchman

Watkins

Kozek

Kaip

Miller

Zajac

Radke

Forney

Malone

Hextall

Trupp

Martens

Hamilton

To say nothing of the D

Lee

Chorney

Finley

Bina

Jones

Genoway

Marto

Lapointe

Blood

Good Place to be!!!!

He doesn't have anything to prove...let's see if the peer pressure can keep him around one more year.

There is going to be an awful lot of competition for ice time up front, especially if JT comes back:

Toews

Duncan

Oshie

Dutchman

Watkins

Kozek

Kaip

Miller

Zajac

Radke

Forney

Malone

Hextall

Trupp

Martens

Hamilton

To say nothing of the D

Lee

Chorney

Finley

Bina

Jones

Genoway

Marto

Lapointe

Blood

Good Place to be!!!!

Except the unfinished business of a NCAA national championship, and the memories with your college buddies. Some things you can't have when you go pro.

He may not have anything to prove, but JT know's that when you come that close to a championship 2 times, and fall short, it leaves one hell of a bad taste in your mouth. No amount of tap beer at Judy's will take that taste away. I say he brings the magic back for one more year, and this time the boy's get it done.

I voted yes, though I will only truly believe that they are staying when I see them in the fall on the ice.

So, they (Duncs, Osh, and Chorney) all went out of their way to tell everyone they are staying, and have it published, only to pull the rug out from under us all later, and leave? Believe it, cause it's happening, those guys are staying. Maybe it will be enough to sway JT to stay and finish this thing up.

I think there are too many factors to keep him here:

1.) He is ready to go, but 1 more year will have him develop into that 90-100 point NHL player he has the potential to be.

2.) With the D. and O. staying, why would he be the ass to break up the most potent and deadly lines in recent college hockey history?

3.) The Rookie Max will be there in a year too

4.) The Blackhawks have a very high draft pick coming and if he comes in to play right away, JT may not get as much playing time.

5.) He has probably a 95% chance to wear the C for team Canada in the WJ, and he prolly wants to get a third title in a row.

any more legit reasons people can think of?

I think there are too many factors to keep him here:

1.) He is ready to go, but 1 more year will have him develop into that 90-100 point NHL player he has the potential to be.

2.) With the D. and O. staying, why would he be the ass to break up the most potent and deadly lines in recent college hockey history?

3.) The Rookie Max will be there in a year too

4.) The Blackhawks have a very high draft pick coming and if he comes in to play right away, JT may not get as much playing time.

5.) He has probably a 95% chance to wear the C for team Canada in the WJ, and he prolly wants to get a third title in a row.

any more legit reasons people can think of?

Grand Forks is a lot closer to Winnipeg than Chicago.

So, they (Duncs, Osh, and Chorney) all went out of their way to tell everyone they are staying, and have it published, only to pull the rug out from under us all later, and leave? Believe it, cause it's happening, those guys are staying. Maybe it will be enough to sway JT to stay and finish this thing up.

only because players have told me that they are staying before only to leave. And correct me if I am wrong but Duncan as a free agent can't be really talked to until July, right? so it could be because he still doesn't believe that anyone wants him. Matt Greene told the paper that he was staying as did JPar last year. I hope that they don't leave for certain, but it is a long time until October.

only because players have told me that they are staying before only to leave. And correct me if I am wrong but Duncan as a free agent can't be really talked to until July, right? so it could be because he still doesn't believe that anyone wants him. Matt Greene told the paper that he was staying as did JPar last year. I hope that they don't leave for certain, but it is a long time until October.

There is one way to tell if they are leaving for sure. If you happen to see any of these guys cruising around in a brand new big, flashy SUV, I'd say color them gone, cause they always seem to buy new vehicles before they leave town.

A great news day for next season, I can't wait for October. The only question this raises is how may of the current recruits will be willing and able to wait another year to join the team. If Toews stays for 8, I would think that Trupp and Lapointe are the only two definite additions, and maybe Malone

A great news day for next season, I can't wait for October. The only question this raises is how may of the current recruits will be willing and able to wait another year to join the team. If Toews stays for 8, I would think that Trupp and Lapointe are the only two definite additions, and maybe Malone

It is quite a good problem to have!