SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS

AZSIOUX

yep, he did and I believe still is. There is about 2 minutes left in that game. Sabres up by one.

Up by two as Pominville just scored, that just after they ruled the goal against the Sabres wasn't a goal.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Cow that was a nice goal by Gomez.

This is one of the best series this season along with the San Jose and Nashville series.

I agree. The Devils looked like a different team at first, then they let down a bit in the second and then came back strong. Parise has made more hits this series than he has all year...Six Goals, eight or nine hits...

yeah, i flipped to see how much time was left and then flipped back to see the Devils/Lightning overtime. I have determined that I need two tvs so I can see everything.

I want to have a wall like they do in the sports books with 20 tv's, well five would be enough and you could watch all the games at once.

I agree. The Devils looked like a different team at first, then they let down a bit in the second and then came back strong. Parise has made more hits this series than he has all year...Six Goals, eight or nine hits...

Parise leads the team in hits for the playoffs (11), shots and goals. Zach is playing his best hockey when it counts. Where Gomez did score the game winner on a very nice shot, I've thought he's passed up a lot of good chances to try to make a pass, or just made a bad play for the majority of the series. Hopefully, all of the players can step up and play harder, so I don't have to sit through these darn nail-biters! I enjoy OT games in the playoffs, just not the Devils. :silly:

I was listening to XM-204 tonight and apparently Blake got chopped into the boards.

I must have missed that play when I was either leaving Boston's or switching back and forth between games

and looking at the internet. Sounded like a CFB.

I was listening to XM-204 tonight and apparently Blake got chopped into the boards.

I must have missed that play when I was either leaving Boston's or switching back and forth between games

and looking at the internet. Sounded like a CFB.

Yeah he stopped hard and was tryin to turn back to the right when a buffalo player hit him hard from behind into the boards, missed i believe half a period, but seems to be ok. Pretty vicious hit, although somewhat unintentional

Parise leads the team in hits for the playoffs (11), shots and goals. Zach is playing his best hockey when it counts. Where Gomez did score the game winner on a very nice shot, I've thought he's passed up a lot of good chances to try to make a pass, or just made a bad play for the majority of the series. Hopefully, all of the players can step up and play harder, so I don't have to sit through these darn nail-biters! I enjoy OT games in the playoffs, just not the Devils. :silly:

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!! :silly:

The Boogey Man come it

This should get you in the mood for the Wild game tonight.

Nice.

Boogaard could get in 12 fights, really thrash the Ducks to shreds, but what will it prove if the scoreboard shows the Ducks are ahead?

In fact, if the Wild come out with revenge on their minds, I think it will be a great game... if you are an Anaheim fan.

They play desperation hockey like Game 4: They have a chance to win.

They come out looking for blood and to take it to them physically: The result will be like Game 3. End of series.

That being said, it's a toss up tonight. However, I think Ducks take the series either tonight or in Game 6.

Nice.

Boogaard could get in 12 fights, really thrash the Ducks to shreds, but what will it prove if the scoreboard shows the Ducks are ahead?

In fact, if the Wild come out with revenge on their minds, I think it will be a great game... if you are an Anaheim fan.

They play desperation hockey like Game 4: They have a chance to win.

They come out looking for blood and to take it to them physically: The result will be like Game 3. End of series.

That being said, it's a toss up tonight. However, I think Ducks take the series either tonight or in Game 6.

There was already a little melee during warmups.

Ref is sympathetic to Minnesota.

Moen commits YET ANOTHER stupid penalty (good call) but Ref decides that Boogaard's stick to the crotch of Niedermeyer (the incident that GOT Moen there in the first place) was not a penalty.

WOW.

Minnesota has to score on this gift PP in the second period.

EDIT: Ok, to be fair, the ref had, for the most part basically swallowed the whistle. There have been plenty of overt penalties on both sides (How Niedermeyer didn't get 2 for boarding on Skoula I have no clue) but seriously, this ref has to keep control of the game or it is going to get even uglier.

Ref is sympathetic to Minnesota.

Moen commits YET ANOTHER stupid penalty (good call) but Ref decides that Boogaard's stick to the crotch of Niedermeyer (the incident that GOT Moen there in the first place) was not a penalty.

WOW.

Minnesota has to score on this gift PP in the second period.

This third man in crap by the Ducks finally got called properly.

This third man in crap by the Ducks finally got called properly.

I'm not arguing the penalty on Moen. That guy is seriously undermining the Ducks. Don't know why he is put on the ice in the first place.

But Boogaard should have gone as well.

Lots of crappy non calls and calls.

And I hate the Homers for FSN North. They're so damn one sided.

There was already a little melee during warmups.

Today, the XM-204 boys Thistle and Boomer were basically saying that if Minnesota gets down two or three late in the game could ugly.

This is turning into quite the rivalry.

Ducks: Great Hockey Played by Sucker-Punch, Third-Man-In, After-The-Whistle Pansies Wearing the Worst Nickname in the History of Sports. May and Moen are an embarrassment to all that is NHL.

Still, they play an excellent game. That Pronger is an iron man. Lemaire needs to get some grown men on his team, not just Boogey. Great Wild 5x3, shooting into Jiggy's breadbasket from the blue line. Awesome.

Blah.

taz now on to Devils

Here's a few comments from my perspective:

1. Just because May and Moen are idiotic thugs doesn't make the entire Ducks team cheap. I don't recall hearing much of either of their names the first 3 games and May didn't play in Game 5.

2. If it weren't for the Buffalo series, I think this one would have to be the worst officiated. The refs ignored so many CFB and boarding penalties on both sides, ignored certain acts that brought more chippiness into play (Cross check to the chin in Game 4; stick to the groin in game 5)... so much so that I thought I was watching a WCHA series.

3. How could Selanne bleed like he did but not have it be a penalty? Did he cut himself? Good noncall there, especially after the two 4 minute penalties (one per side) that he called where I think both weren't really double minors. They could have bit their tongues, for heaven's sake!

4. I was rather impressed by Boogaard's restraint. Not his play, but his restraint.

5. Anaheim played physically, but not as physically as the Wild. The Wild talked A LOT. Anaheim simply played the game. Well, now the Wild have a LOT more time to talk. Anaheim has games to prepare for. Something about talking: Its one thing if you are talking and backing it up. It's another to be losing the game and yapping. I'm the best at dunking the basketball, you know. All 5'6" of me. PLEASE. :(

6. I still don't like LeMaire. His idea for trying to get great offensive chances is to try for the long pass for a breakaway and it works against teams with poor defense or defefnses that are prone to make mistakes. Anaheim's D is pretty good. Looks like good D's don't give those opportunities up and LeMaire had nothing to counter it.

7. It was a beautiful textbook 2 on 1 goal by the Wild though. Too bad it came at the cost of Anaheim forgetting that they had 5 players on the ice to Minnesota's 4. Regardless though, it actually looked like the Wild had some life to them for those 45 seconds or so.

8. Wild powerplay = CRAPTASTIC. I'm sure Giguere won't mind having to replace the ugly logo on his jersey from all the rubber burning it.

9. I can't decide who is more homeristic: Gophers or Wild TV announcers. I admit Woog knows a lot of hockey so I'm inclined to say that the Wild announcers are more homeristic. Woog sometimes talks Masucko down from his idiot perch whereas the Wild guys run amok with their homerisms. Heh, I loved the call for Selanne to be called for a diving penalty. I can see it now: Selanne dives to the ice, cuts himself, and calls for a penalty. PLEASE. If the situation with Selanne had been oh...Gaborik with the blood running down his face, I'm sure the FSN rubes would be ALL OVER the refs.

10. Backstrom played amazing hockey. He made ONE mistake all game long (Perry's goal) and that mistake is even debateable. He is my Minnesota Wild Player of the Series.

Here's a few comments from my perspective:

1. Just because May and Moen are idiotic thugs doesn't make the entire Ducks team cheap. I don't recall hearing much of either of their names the first 3 games and May didn't play in Game 5.

2. If it weren't for the Buffalo series, I think this one would have to be the worst officiated. The refs ignored so many CFB and boarding penalties on both sides, ignored certain acts that brought more chippiness into play (Cross check to the chin in Game 4; stick to the groin in game 5)... so much so that I thought I was watching a WCHA series.

3. How could Selanne bleed like he did but not have it be a penalty? Did he cut himself? Good noncall there, especially after the two 4 minute penalties (one per side) that he called where I think both weren't really double minors. They could have bit their tongues, for heaven's sake!

4. I was rather impressed by Boogaard's restraint. Not his play, but his restraint.

5. Anaheim played physically, but not as physically as the Wild. The Wild talked A LOT. Anaheim simply played the game. Well, now the Wild have a LOT more time to talk. Anaheim has games to prepare for. Something about talking: Its one thing if you are talking and backing it up. It's another to be losing the game and yapping. I'm the best at dunking the basketball, you know. All 5'6" of me. PLEASE. :(

6. I still don't like LeMaire. His idea for trying to get great offensive chances is to try for the long pass for a breakaway and it works against teams with poor defense or defefnses that are prone to make mistakes. Anaheim's D is pretty good. Looks like good D's don't give those opportunities up and LeMaire had nothing to counter it.

7. It was a beautiful textbook 2 on 1 goal by the Wild though. Too bad it came at the cost of Anaheim forgetting that they had 5 players on the ice to Minnesota's 4. Regardless though, it actually looked like the Wild had some life to them for those 45 seconds or so.

8. Wild powerplay = CRAPTASTIC. I'm sure Giguere won't mind having to replace the ugly logo on his jersey from all the rubber burning it.

9. I can't decide who is more homeristic: Gophers or Wild TV announcers. I admit Woog knows a lot of hockey so I'm inclined to say that the Wild announcers are more homeristic. Woog sometimes talks Masucko down from his idiot perch whereas the Wild guys run amok with their homerisms. Heh, I loved the call for Selanne to be called for a diving penalty. I can see it now: Selanne dives to the ice, cuts himself, and calls for a penalty. PLEASE. If the situation with Selanne had been oh...Gaborik with the blood running down his face, I'm sure the FSN rubes would be ALL OVER the refs.

10. Backstrom played amazing hockey. He made ONE mistake all game long (Perry's goal) and that mistake is even debateable. He is my Minnesota Wild Player of the Series.

I wonder if Selanne's head wound was from the shot he took in the head during warm-ups??? Perhaps it split open after a hit.

The Wild announcers are big-time homers. When you listen to woog doing UND games, he gets pretty excited - he always mentions the "Trees" UND had in defensemen Jones, Smaby, Greene, Schneider, Commodore and the like, and he gives the UND program a lot of credit. But he did coach at the U, so of course his main focus is on the gophers.

Backstrom was great. the wild will have a good problem this offseason figuring which of backstrom, harding, and fernandez to deal.