SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a clue what a Marlie is?

I believe it is a shortened form of "Marlboroughs," which was the name of an earlier junior team in Toronto. Although, what that is, I have no idea.

That was just a Monday night thing, though I don't know how quickly they'll want him to come back. :bigsmile:

It was supposed to be throughout. I really enjoyed him and was looking forward to hearing from him again.

My guess is that NBC was none too pleased by his allegations (which I'm betting are true) that they wanted the NHL to get rid of fighting.

It was supposed to be throughout. I really enjoyed him and was looking forward to hearing from him again.

My guess is that NBC was none too pleased by his allegations (which I'm betting are true) that they wanted the NHL to get rid of fighting.

Maybe it was originally, but I know after the 2nd intermission Monday night, Cherry asked if they were going to invite him back again sometime, so it made it sound like Wednesday night was not on schedule at that time.

Maybe it was originally, but I know after the 2nd intermission Monday night, Cherry asked if they were going to invite him back again sometime, so it made it sound like Wednesday night was not on schedule at that time.

After I typed my reply I thought of that. There was even a write up on SI.com about Cherry bringing in viewers or at least the attempt.

nice........bemidi boy joe motzko gets a ring and his name on the cup. you either have to play 41 regular season games or 1 game in the cup finals. game 4 he played so its party time again back in bemidji....couple wcha guys getting that cup....at least i can say i played next to a guy who won the cup :bigsmile:

nice........bemidi boy joe motzko gets a ring and his name on the cup. you either have to play 41 regular season games or 1 game in the cup finals. game 4 he played so its party time again back in bemidji....couple wcha guys getting that cup....at least i can say i played next to a guy who won the cup :bigsmile:

Also, a kid (Penner) who played in Bottineau for the Lumberjacks!

Congrats to the Ducks!

Condolences to Ottawa. Maybe next season you'll come ready to play.

I hear ya, Redwing. As I said in an earlier post, hats off to the Ducks. I was pretty impressed with Scott Niedemeyer's press conference after the game. Seems like a pretty stand up guy. BTW, did you notice what he said to Alfie during the hand shake? He said "I know you didn't shoot at me".

Selanne was pretty happy. That's cool. Still wish it were the other way around. Who would have figured the Sens would have been in the Finals back in November, eh?

Can't say I'm thrilled with the Ducks as Stanley Cup Champions, but they sure did dominate in the playoffs. Looked like men among boys at times.

3 months to go before teams can start thinking about some payback. ;)

taz

Can't say I'm thrilled with the Ducks as Stanley Cup Champions, but they sure did dominate in the playoffs. Looked like men among boys at times.

3 months to go before teams can start thinking about some payback. ;)

taz

I agree. At times, the let the Red Wings skate circles around them but never gave much up! It's almost like the coaching strategy was "Ok, boys, let's go out there, look sluggish. Make them look REALLY good but don't give up any goals. Then, when they are tired out, go for the throats!" And it worked!

They embarrassed the Red Wings, that's for sure, though I wasnt sure how far they were going to get with all those old guys playing past their bed time and upset about missing bingo. Yeah, they are much younger, but it is still very evident that they are tragically (sometimes) reliant upon guys who are ancient by hockey standards.