SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS

AZSIOUX

they keep knocking Stafford over, it is hiliarious to watch his face because he is getting so mad that they are doing it and then he missed one shot and he was just shaking his head on the bench like "I can't believe I missed that"

He was getting frustrated there, pushin that NY player into the ice. I gotta think though that he's gonna have a spot full time with the Sabres next year.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the live version and the replay. That's the 2nd time it's happened to the Devils in as many games. With the one that happened to Lukowich in the last game, the ref wasn't in position to see it, but with Zach's the ref was standing right in front of him. They have two refs and two linesman, but can't see these things. Pathetic.

You're right. ZPar got that one in the throat and Gionta got one in the face. I saw a guy from San Jose get one in the throat last night too.

I'm all for physical and tough playoff hockey. I'm not for seeing guys loose teeth and take eye injuries because some players use their sticks like a weapon. St Louis had that stick of his tilted towards Gionta when he skated by him, intentional or not they got to call that if they see it. The league has to call more of this crap, but they seem to turn a blind eye to it in the playoffs. Maybe when Crosby takes one in the throat and misses half a season, they'll do something about it than.

You're right. ZPar got that one in the throat and Gionta got one in the face. I saw a guy from San Jose get one in the throat last night too.

I'm all for physical and tough playoff hockey. I'm not for seeing guys loose teeth and take eye injuries because some players use their sticks like a weapon. St Louis had that stick of his in the Devils face the whole game. The league has to call more of this crap, but they seem to turn a blind eye to it in the playoffs. Maybe when Crosby takes one in the throat and misses half a season, they'll do something about it than.

Ah yes the playoff stick work, Don Cherry blames it on the instigator rule. I blame it on the lack of respect players now have for each other.

Maybe someone needs to pop St Louis in the mouth next time he does that. I always not liked that whinny little punk.

Edited by Goon

anyone else think its hilarious that the self-proclaimed "State of Hockey" isnt even showing the wild in the playoffs but instead showing the first games of the twins on tv. :D

I think they're on tonight to celebrate the season that was as Anaheim finishes off the Wild tonight.

It's like this guy on KFAN at around 12:30 this afternoon said to the Common Man: Minnesotans will back up any team that they believe in the system of. Basically, I like the way he runs the team so I'll support him.

Me, on the other hand, I will buy into any system that promotes winning and gets those kinds of results. Endorsing a system that continually leads to mediocrity or worse is truly diehard and I appreciate those fans, but I'm not one of those when it comes to pro hockey. The Wild are good enough to make the playoffs. They are not good enough to win in the playoffs on a consistent or even semi consistent basis. That's why the year that they did go far in the playoffs should be cherished by Wild fans everywhere. A flukey flash in the pan like playoff run like that is going to be rare under LeMaire's system. Fire him? I don't know. The Wild isn't exactly a terrible team. But neither were the Levy-led Bills or the Hargrove-led Indians.

I don't like seeing guys getting their teeth knocked out and eyes injured either, which is why I am against fighting and in favor of making full face shields or masks mandatory in the NHL like they are in the NCAA.

That will never happen in the NHL.

That will never happen in the NHL.

I agree the Players Assocation will never allow it. They aren't necessary anyways. The respect for the fellow players would be the same if they wore helments or not and right now its not there.

Haven't been able to catch a Devils game yet.

I did watch the third period of last night's Buffalo victory. WOW. I haven't seen a more poorly officiating game in a long time. For a while I thought.. HOLY CRAP Shepherd got promoted! I saw two obvious cross checking (one from behind on Yashin) missed calls, a few tripping/interference missed calls, and I think one boarding call as well that went uncalled. Then the official calls two tickytack penalties.

I wanted Buffalo to win last night (I like Drew a ton!) but not like that. What an embarrassment.

Haven't been able to catch a Devils game yet.

I did watch the third period of last night's Buffalo victory. WOW. I haven't seen a more poorly officiating game in a long time. For a while I thought.. HOLY CRAP Shepherd got promoted! I saw two obvious cross checking (one from behind on Yashin) missed calls, a few tripping/interference missed calls, and I think one boarding call as well that went uncalled. Then the official calls two tickytack penalties.

I wanted Buffalo to win last night (I like Drew a ton!) but not like that. What an embarrassment.

The reffing has been poor in the Wild series as well, Gabby made mention of that in the paper the other day. The duck have been allowed to hold and obstruct. The Eastern games have have been way more exciting with the exception of some of the stuff that has gone uncalled on Crosby the reffing has been pretty good.

Oh my God the Wild just got their second lead in the four game series. Wow... :silly:

I guess they would rather lose in California.

After what went down with the reffing and how dirty the Ducks played, I have a feeling that the Wild will win the next one.

Oh my God the Wild just got their second lead in the four game series. Wow... :silly:

I guess they would rather lose in California.

Goon I know this game probably bored you but the wild played a GREAT game and I am glad to see they won. I agree they have there work cut out for them but I like how they didnt roll over. I think the DUCKS were cheap at the end and that the refs were awful and then some. I really want the WILD to win game 5 because I am going to game 6 if it exists. But I would like to hear thoughts of anyone who watched the 3rd period because the WILD were awesome and the refs were NOT :silly:

After what went down with the reffing and how dirty the Ducks played, I have a feeling that the Wild will win the next one.

smoggy I agree, I dont think the wild can win the series but I think they will make the ducks earn it. I am WAY unimpressed with the way the ducks cheap shotted Johhson at the end. They are a very good team but I think they just gave the WILD some life and incentive :silly:

Goon I know this game probably bored you but the wild played a GREAT game and I am glad to see they won. I agree they have there work cut out for them but I like how they didnt roll over. I think the DUCKS were cheap at the end and that the refs were awful and then some. I really want the WILD to win game 5 because I am going to game 6 if it exists. But I would like to hear thoughts of anyone who watched the 3rd period because the WILD were awesome and the refs were NOT :silly:

I hate to sound negative but the Wild kind of let this series slip away early in Cali, the big guns didn't fire on all chambers early in the series. The Ducks have basically double shifted their top lines and might be a little tired. If the Slovaks are skating no one can stop them. I am happy the Wild won I want to see this franchise succeed and win cups or at least win series. I think it would have been fun being at the XCel tonight and listening to the Boogey chant and seeing the game, the NHL rocks. It was exciting to watch at home. I honestly think the Wild could have won this series. If they win in Cali the come back to the X and win anything can happen. I think they did sort of the same thing against the Av's.

Incidently I though at the end of it all it would be Buffalo and the Wild, so much for my predictions so far.

smoggy I agree, I dont think the wild can win the series but I think they will make the ducks earn it. I am WAY unimpressed with the way the ducks cheap shotted Johhson at the end. They are a very good team but I think they just gave the WILD some life and incentive :silly:

May got a Match penalty for that didn't he. Does that mean the league reviews that one?

Bad reffing and they called off a perfectly good goal. And missed tons of calls. Wish I could have been there tonight. If they make it back to MN maybe I'll have to try to find a ticket.

Like Redwing_77 said Sheppard must have gotten promoted because that was a derrick call all the way. That goal was a legit goal and should have not been called off.

Back in the '70s they used to say helmets would never be made mandatory, but eventually common sense prevailed. I have faith that the same will happen with full facial protection someday. Maybe not anytime soon, but eventually. The reason it should be done is not to create respect for fellow players but to prevent catastrophic injuries like the one that happened to Nick Fuher. In my opinion, playing hockey without full facial protection is about as smart as driving without a seatbelt.

As smart as it sounds, I doubt it will happen anytime soon...I'm not trying to knock what you're saying because I agree to a certain extent...I just doubt it will happen. Not until some significnant injury (possibly fatal...like a puck to the face) will they consider it, in my opinion.

As smart as it sounds, I doubt it will happen anytime soon...I'm not trying to knock what you're saying because I agree to a certain extent...I just doubt it will happen. Not until some significnant injury (possibly fatal...like a puck to the face) will they consider it, in my opinion.

I think eventually you might see shields come in and the older guys be grand fathered in but the NHL PA is really a powerfull organization so Its not going to happen at least in the near future. There are people that argue the mask would only make the game dirtier. Just a thought.

I was watching the Flames and Wings last night and saw 2 sticks to the face last night in that one. Rhett Warrner took a puck right in the chops too, man he lost a gallon of blood. Returned for action in the 2nd though.

The NFL and NBA playoffs can't even come close to matching the intensity of Stanley Cup playoff hockey in my opinion. Long live the game!!!!!

Congrats to the Wild for prolonging this series for one more game. It's very nice of them to allow Anaheim to win the series at home.

Some surprises:

1. I'm surprised that not only was Boogaard a factor offensively, he was paired with PM Bouchard. I don't like either player, but Bouchard potted it and potted it off of the most worthless player on the Wild's pass. Well, every dog has its day I guess.

2. They just now played with desperation.... That's good that they wait for elimination on the line to play well. Maybe that's the key? For the Wild, if they are beat on the first night, their series should be over, but if they go up 1-0, their series continues. Continuously facing elimination actually seems to make this team you know... PLAY HOCKEY.

Anyways, Ducks in 5 and the Wild go home feeling good because they've at least done one thing more than the Twins have in the past year: Won 1 playoff game.

Congrats to the Wild for prolonging this series for one more game. It's very nice of them to allow Anaheim to win the series at home.

Some surprises:

1. I'm surprised that not only was Boogaard a factor offensively, he was paired with PM Bouchard. I don't like either player, but Bouchard potted it and potted it off of the most worthless player on the Wild's pass. Well, every dog has its day I guess.

2. They just now played with desperation.... That's good that they wait for elimination on the line to play well. Maybe that's the key? For the Wild, if they are beat on the first night, their series should be over, but if they go up 1-0, their series continues. Continuously facing elimination actually seems to make this team you know... PLAY HOCKEY.

Anyways, Ducks in 5 and the Wild go home feeling good because they've at least done one thing more than the Twins have in the past year: Won 1 playoff game.

Ducks need five, because the Wild would take 6.