SiouxSports.com Forum

Consolation Prize

kvinbe

In this article, Bruce Brothers offers up a little bit of everything. It would have been more accurate if he had labeled the article, "Gopher Fans Lick Their Wounds." Without going overboard, he offers some excuses (injuries and illness), gives the gopher fans something to feel good about (regular season and WCHA tourny banners), and offers hope (incoming recruits) amidst possible early departures.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_5527384

I like and mostly respect Brothers coverage, so I'm not going to bash him, but I have to admit that it is pretty sweet to see gopher fans still struggling to find meaning in their season after a defeat at the hands of a bitter rival. This really is a mortal wound to the gopher psyche. "I mean, it's like, this just doesn't happen to our gophers." "I could take the truth about Santa, but no, no, no...not my beloved gophers...not in the State of Hockey."

We're fortunate to still be feeling the thrill of victory instead of the agony of defeat.

Three years in a row. We really do have it good as Sioux fans. Another championship and I'll be brimming over....not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Go Sioux in Sweet Saint Lou!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnesota won the WCHA regular-season and playoff titles this season, which means two additional banners will be hoisted to the crowded rafters of Mariucci Arena next fall.

Does Minnesota hang WCHA playoff championship banners?

they can also hang "NCAA Participant" for this year....

Come on now, who amongst us hasn't let their young ones hang some of those "Thanks for Coming Out" participation medals in their room. They help soften the blow to frail little egos that had wished for bigger and better things.

Come on now, who amongst us hasn't let their young ones hang some of those "Thanks for Coming Out" participation medals in their room. They help soften the blow to frail little egos that had wished for bigger and better things.

Ha ha this has nothing to do with anything (like all my posts) but this morning, when I went into the avatar's room to wake her up, I noticed that she had her WCHA Final Five towel taped to the wall. (ok, it was above the shelf with her USA Hockey participation medals so it does kinda relate to your post)

I thought it was kinda cute, and funny.

I'd like to see all these goofer threads float to the bottom of the forum and out of sight. who cares about them now? yes, great to beat a rival and watch them squirm and offer excuses, etc.... But, let's move on to the task at hand as the hated rivals are now at home and done playing hockey.

if you are still interested in the twin cities media bashing of the apologists, i suggest the 90 minute rant Bareiro had yesterday on the UND win. priceless! you can find it at kfan.com on demand

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/sing...AN_Barreiro.xml

Now, Bring on B.C. !

if you are still interested in the twin cities media bashing of the apologists, i suggest the 90 minute rant Bareiro had yesterday on the UND win. priceless! you can find it at kfan.com on demand

This is awesome! Bareiro exposes the Gophers and ALL of the excuses for why they lost to the FIGHTING SIOUX.

Finally a Minneapolis sports talk show host with some perspective on the sham that is Gopher Sports....

Priceless! :D

This is awesome! Bareiro exposes the Gophers and ALL of the excuses for why they lost to the FIGHTING SIOUX.

Finally a Minneapolis sports talk show host with some perspective on the sham that is Gopher Sports....

Priceless! :D

I have heard some bad stuff about Minneapolis/St Paul metro sports and fans in general on KFAN. I think it is the Common Man who primarily rips on everyone.

I'd like to see all these goofer threads float to the bottom of the forum and out of sight. who cares about them now? yes, great to beat a rival and watch them squirm and offer excuses, etc.... But, let's move on to the task at hand as the hated rivals are now at home and done playing hockey.

Now, Bring on B.C. !

Missed the first few minutes of this when it was broadcasted live. Thanks for the link.

I'm all for it! We could title it "the whoopin' post"

On the other hand we can simply quit gloating and be happy UND won. Thank them for their congratulations and show class. Dick Vinger who was a great BB coach at Kenmare, Rugby and GF Central used to say: "When you win say little, when you lose say less". UND won. That is all there is for us to say. Lets leave the Gopher game and get own with #8 in St. Louis. It makes them more upset to see your UND gear. That speaks loudly enough and says it all.