SiouxSports.com Forum

Consolation Prize

kvinbe

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know which is more funny a "Gophers" section here, or the Twin Cities basketball heads criticizing the Gophers hockey team and it's fans. Since the Gopher's last NCAA Hockey Title (oh my god it's been four years!) they have had two WCHA League and two WCHA Tourney titles, one Frozen Four, one Holy Cross and one near Holy Cross. The bouncy ball teams are each on their 3rd coach in that time frame.

I'll usually listen the criticism (both real and rediculous) from you guys because the UND program knows what it's talking about, but to anything Chad/Dan/Sid/Pat have to say is strictly a ploy on their part to get people to listen to them.

I don't know which is more funny a "Gophers" section here, or the Twin Cities basketball heads criticizing the Gophers hockey team and it's fans. Since the Gopher's last NCAA Hockey Title (oh my god it's been four years!) they have had two WCHA League and two WCHA Tourney titles, one Frozen Four, one Holy Cross and one near Holy Cross. The bouncy ball teams are each on their 3rd coach in that time frame.

I'll usually listen the criticism (both real and rediculous) from you guys because the UND program knows what it's talking about, but to anything Chad/Dan/Sid/Pat have to say is strictly a ploy on their part to get people to listen to them.

You have a point you have the debacle in Gophers last bowl game.

I also wonder if the basket ball team has won as many games in three season as the gopher have in one or two seasons?

I listed to the radio show in question and I think Dan was having fun. It was more satirical. I think Dan was taking issue with the

media and the propaganda ministry.

You have a point you have the debacle in Gophers last bowl game.

I also wonder if the basket ball team has won as many games in three season as the gopher have in one or two seasons?

I listed to the radio show in question and I think Dan was having fun. It was more satirical. I think Dan was taking issue with the media and the propaganda ministry.

Dan's hockey show was pretty good. I heard at least a half hour of it. There are plenty of Gophs fans who need to be mocked. I suspect he does truly realize it ain't that easy to beat UND in a regional and that Air Force played pretty tough, but he had a prime chance to needle people and he took it. The others I mentioned have no clue.

Dan's hockey show was pretty good. I heard at least a half hour of it. There are plenty of Gophs fans who need to be mocked. I suspect he does truly realize it ain't that easy to beat UND in a regional and that Air Force played pretty tough, but he had a prime chance to needle people and he took it. The others I mentioned have no clue.

Dan is alright to listen to I just don't listen to him anymore because I have XM-Radio. I told Puffy that KFAN should be on the XM dial.

I am not so sure why he calls his show sports, its more of his poltical stuff than sports. Ussually when he is talking sports he is putting down a coach, team or player. Maybe its just his MO. I can tell from listening to him Hockey isn't his first love. Your right he did knock down a few fans that were having trouble seeing the big picture. Just to go the NCAA frozen four is tough, let alone the Final Five championship game.

HOLY CROSS!!!!! A no hold's barred thread!!!! How will we keep the children out?!? ;)

The only thing Triouxper has a hold of is his..... well, I want to keep my ss.com privlages so I'll leave it at that! :lol:

And another thing, if ZPar would've had another minute of play time left in the 3rd last night, he'd have tapped another one in Miller's five hole to tie it up!

Ditto ;)

You seem to have differing opinions on the subject Goon. Rub it in? Or "show some class and respect for the other team".

...I had a football coach say one time that win as a team and lose as a team, but in doing either you show some class and respect for the other team...

You seem to have differing opinions on the subject Goon. Rub it in? Or "show some class and respect for the other team".

Your talking about apples and oranges, players are different from fans because they actually play the game, or are part of the competition. We are spectators and don

Show some class and respect for the other team, unless that team is the Gophers?

Don't worry about it Dave. Nobody is going to think any better or any worse of Sioux fans because of what gets posted here. Most have formed opinions long ago.

The wierd thing I find is people are willing to give Red a pass, if Lucia ever spoke such words I think we'd have the longest thread in ss.com history. :lol:

Don't worry about it Dave. Nobody is going to think any better or any worse of Sioux fans because of what gets posted here. Most have formed opinions long ago.

The wierd thing I find is people are willing to give Red a pass, if Lucia ever spoke such words I think we'd have the longest thread in ss.com history. ;)

I am not giving Red a Pass. :lol: I listened to the Press conference, that was disgraceful. NO credit given to the Sioux, poor goaltending, blamed the refs and lastly the pucks had eyes. Lucia was pretty classy in his post game press conference.

Lecturing someone on how they are supposed to act on a fan message board, as part of their pseudo on-line personality is another thing. Last time I checked this was a fan message board of the fighting Sioux; this is not GPL bad mouthing the other team is ok here and probably required. Maybe we do need a link for the Gopher lovers. I hate the golden Gophers they are like the Toronto Maple Leafs of the WCHA, if they are playing in the NCAA championship against Maine I am cheering for the Black Bears. I could care less if my brother in law was a Golden Gopher or not. When he was playing and their team was getting beat up by BU in the NCAA regional I was cheering for BU. Now mind you, going over to GPL and bad mouthing the Gopher would be classless or in poor taste, probably also get you banned or banished for life. Cornering someone in the bathroom of the Xcel Energy center to talk smack while your trying to get back to your seat is classless. All the people I hang out with would never do that and usually try to ignore the trolls of other teams when we are at the game. Celebrating a goal and cheering isn

Okay, I think I may have lost my mind. I thought that I read that someone had the Minnesota Rouser on their answering machine when they got home from the Final Five Championship game.....and now I can't find it.

My response to that would have been to call that person after the West Regional Finals and put the Minnesota Rouser back on their answering machine.

Sometimes that banter between friends that back different teams, is what makes rivalries fun.

Bottom line.....if you're going to dish it out, you had better be able to take it.

Hmmmm... I like the Canadiens. Go figure. :lol:

The Penguins are my favorite team, but I also have a great deal of respect and appreciation for the original six.

As for the Gophers, we'll have to agree to disagree about them. If they get to the NCAA championship game I'm going to cheer for them if they're playing against anybody but UND. Sorry if that hurts anybody's feelings.

Your just not getting it. Hating a team has nothing to do with respect. Just because we respect a team that we hate doesn't mean we have to give them undying props nor will some of us. Ask Sioux_Hab-it how she feels about the make me laughs (Maple Leags)? If we want to poke fun at the Gopher fans its really not anyone's place to be the thought/morality police. On same logic if you want to live in your model glass house that's fine with me.

Like I said about 700 times if fans want to wear HC jerseys just deal with it. Let them, this is a free country not Russia.

Okay, I think I may have lost my mind. I thought that I read that someone had the Minnesota Rouser on their answering machine when they got home from the Final Five Championship game.....and now I can't find it.

My response to that would have been to call that person after the West Regional Finals and put the Minnesota Rouser back on their answering machine.

Sometimes that banter between friends that back different teams, is what makes rivalries fun.

Bottom line.....if you're going to dish it out, you had better be able to take it.

Hockey Mom

that was me and it was after the band wagon Goofer fans came out of the woodwork to gloat about the back to back championships.

I also called that person when UND won on Saturday night.

Couldn't agree with you more. Our Fire Department secretary is a HUGE Soiux fan, so the week of Soiux vs. Gopher week is nothing but trashtalking by e-mails ALL week.....it's all part of a great rivalry. Of course I saw her in person this morning at a call and she really rubbed it in about the game. :lol:

Understood. I just get a bit irritated when people see me wearing UND gear and then I have to defend myself against the stereotypes of being an obsessed Gopher hater and explain that I'm not that kind of Sioux fan.

It's tough to be you... ;) Should we start a fund or write a song for your struggles... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Understood. I just get a bit irritated when people see me wearing UND gear and then I have to defend myself against the stereotypes of being an obsessed Gopher hater and explain that I'm not that kind of Sioux fan.

Now you know how i feel when i have to defend myself against the stereotypes of being an obsessed Bison Hater. :lol:

It's tough to be you... :silly: Should we start a fund or write a song for your struggles... :D:huh:???

DaveK, no need to explain yourself. Once I learned you're a Gopher fan, all was explained. I get it that you think it's possible to be a Sioux and a Goofy fan. But I see it kinda like a athlete eating healthy and then shooting up with heroin. This is a Sioux sports forum. If I want to be a 'poor sport' because I'm reveling in our win over the Goofs, what better place. :D

If you want to complain about that, you're posts will be better received over at GPL. Ain't no way I'm going to apologise for owning a piece of history (HC game worn jersey) and wearing it to aggrevate Goofy fans!! YAHOO, that was some fun!!!!

Having said that, I'm going to watch Chris's game winning goal again!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you really want to watch them spin and lather just wear a Hockey Canada cap with your Sioux Jersey. They'll be all over you like a cheap suit.