SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX - EAGLES - BLACKBEARS - SPARTANS, Frozen 4 thoughts, prediction

AZSIOUX

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to bring the physical game, the emotions in check physical game that is. That's one way to deal with it, knock them around for a period or two, then deliver the knockout punch in the third.

The 1st period is UND's strongest. They outscore their opponents by a 2-1 ratio. The 2nd period is a completely different story. UND is only 3 goals better. The margin improves a little in the third. This tells me that the Sioux are great at getting off to a fast start but if you can stem the tide your chances of winning improve greatly as the game wears on.

BC's scoring is almost identical over 3 periods but their margin is greatest in the 3rd.

Of course this may have no relevance at all but it's interesting to notice trends.

The 1st period is UND's strongest. They outscore their opponents by a 2-1 ratio. The 2nd period is a completely different story. UND is only 3 goals better. The margin improves a little in the third. This tells me that the Sioux are great at getting off to a fast start but if you can stem the tide your chances of winning improve greatly as the game wears on.

BC's scoring is almost identical over 3 periods but their margin is greatest in the 3rd.

Of course this may have no relevance at all but it's interesting to notice trends.

The first half of the season, not only could UND not score during the 2nd, but they also couldn't keep the puck out of the net. I believe at one point the margin was 26 goals against to just 12 for, and it may have gotten worse. We all know that it got better though!

Honestly, UND has taken control of recent games in the 2nd period. I'm thinking back to the Mariucci series and UND completely dominated from the 2nd in both games. Fast forward to St. Cloud in the F5, and you see the same thing, complete domination. That period gives me chills!

However, I do agree that the 2nd is a make-or-break for both teams. And really, UND's speed is much improved over last year's team...especially on the blue line.

I think the key is once again the 2nd line. If they can cycle effectively, as they did in the F5 and Regional, UND will be a VERY tough team. If the line disappears, UND could be in trouble.

We play 60 min and play physical, we win. We play soft for even a period it could get ugly. However, I like us to score an opening two quick goals, making it difficult on the minds of the BC players. No need to even compare last years to this years team. Ill take this years team, where than stand now, anytime over last years frozen four appearance. The sioux will come out on fire, I have no worries.

The worst thing about all this is we have to wait ANOTHER DANG WEEK! ???

BC and Maine are two scary teams that are always playing their best. Boyle for BC back on D is a scary situation because he gives them a completely dynamic look. Ben Bishop has been taking over games lately. MSU is worse than Michigan, and they are lucky they had to go thru the CCHA to get into the Frozen Four. The WCHA and HEA are by far the best conferences in the country, the CCHA can't compete. Physicality and not taking stupid penalties while not giving the breaks we gave MN in the F5 will be the key. Also, we can't have Lammy playing like he did in the Michigan game bcuz our potential opponents' goalies will not be letting in any softies.

BC and Maine are two scary teams that are always playing their best. Boyle for BC back on D is a scary situation because he gives them a completely dynamic look. Ben Bishop has been taking over games lately. MSU is worse than Michigan, and they are lucky they had to go thru the CCHA to get into the Frozen Four. The WCHA and HEA are by far the best conferences in the country, the CCHA can't compete. Physicality and not taking stupid penalties while not giving the breaks we gave MN in the F5 will be the key. Also, we can't have Lammy playing like he did in the Michigan game bcuz our potential opponents' goalies will not be letting in any softies.

Someone posted Schnieders stats against the Sioux so he has been less than stellar against the Sioux.

The boys need to light him up early and often.

Someone posted Schnieders stats against the Sioux so he has been less than stellar against the Sioux.

The boys need to light him up early and often.

HEY GOON I AGREE WITH THAT 100&. GO SIOUX CHOMP ON THOSE B.C. EAGLES. BY THE WAY GO GATORS LET'S CHOMP ON THOSE DAMN BUCKEYES AGAIN. FROM THE GATORNATION I'M OUT.

Watching BC destroy Miami I noticed a few things:

First, Schneider is a lot better than even last year. He's positionally solid when he has to be.

Second, the BC defense actually showed up for the game.

Third, BC is VERY VERY good at scoring garbage goals and crashing the net. We're going to HAVE to be on top of our rebounds or it WILL get ugly.

Don't know much about penalty kill or power play for BC, but as usual, the more we can get them in the box while staying out of the box ourselves, the better.

First, Schneider is a lot better than even last year. He's positionally solid when he has to be.

All I know is UND has scored 14 goals against Schneider when they have played the Eagles. I wouldn't mind

the Sioux evening the score this season with say 7 goals.

Second, the BC defense actually showed up for the game.

Third, BC is VERY VERY good at scoring garbage goals and crashing the net. We're going to HAVE to be on top of our rebounds or it WILL get ugly.

Don't know much about penalty kill or power play for BC, but as usual, the more we can get them in the box while staying out of the box ourselves, the better.

schneieder wasnt that good at all the first half of this year. they have had a simlila run that the sioux have had. bad 1st half then great 2nd half. 2 great teams battling AGAIN...when it has meant the most and loser goes home, they have us 2-1....00 = sioux 01 = eagles 05 = eagles...its our turn!!

schneieder wasnt that good at all the first half of this year. they have had a simlila run that the sioux have had. bad 1st half then great 2nd half. 2 great teams battling AGAIN...when it has meant the most and loser goes home, they have us 2-1....00 = sioux 01 = eagles 05 = eagles...its our turn!!

BC's Schneider tends to show up for the big games.......just like their fans. The Sioux have to get Schneider off his game and Phil need to be on his.

looks like schneider has played 3 times vs the sioux.

2006 frozen 4, gave up 5 goals but gets the win

2005 regional, gives up 6 goals, gets pulled with 8 minutes left and gets loss

2004 regular season gives up 3 goals in win

so hes 2-1 vs the sioux in his career with a 4.66 GAA, wow, you would never think a 2-1 record would be possible with that number but also shows BC can score with the best of them as well. lets hope to put a 4 spot up again as we have not lost scoring 4 or more this season. our only NON win when scoring 4 goals is that damn game we tied 4-4 vs MSU

looks like schneider has played 3 times vs the sioux.

2006 frozen 4, gave up 5 goals but gets the win

2005 regional, gives up 6 goals, gets pulled with 8 minutes left and gets loss

2004 regular season gives up 3 goals in win

so hes 2-1 vs the sioux in his career with a 4.66 GAA, wow, you would never think a 2-1 record would be possible with that number but also shows BC can score with the best of them as well. lets hope to put a 4 spot up again as we have not lost scoring 4 or more this season. our only NON win when scoring 4 goals is that damn game we tied 4-4 vs MSU

Schneider's not gonna like whats coming next.

Speaking of Doug Flutie...

How similar is Doug Flutie in football to Ryan Duncan in hockey. I think how their careers have gone to the same point (and how Ryan's is headed) are eerily similar. Hopefully Ryan can share some of the same success at the professional level also...after four years of course. :D

The very undersized, and vastly underrated Doug Flutie won the Heisman Trophy in 1984.

23 years later, will the very undersized, and vastly underrated Ryan Duncan win the Hobey Baker...? By week's end, we'll know!

I can't wait to get my box of "Duncan-O's" :silly:

1984-Doug-Flutie.jpgVMEEZMUTHYPINYD.20070129001106.jpg