SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX - EAGLES - BLACKBEARS - SPARTANS, Frozen 4 thoughts, prediction

AZSIOUX

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sioux beat Minnesota, supposedly the #1 team in the country, three out of four times this season, losing only on a fluke goal in overtime.

I brought it up in response to this.

And by the way, I'm not a member of pinhead nation nor am I from Boston.

I brought it up in response to this.

I understood that. But it seems to me that UND's record against teams that had a legitimate shot at a national championship at season's end is far more relevant than its record against teams with little or no chance.

I don't agree. If it's legitimate to bring up their record of beating great teams it's equally legitimate to bring up their record of losing to mediocre teams. My point was that neither one has any relevance to tonight's game.

I don't agree. If it's legitimate to bring up their record of beating great teams it's equally legitimate to bring up their record of losing to mediocre teams. My point was that neither one has any relevance to tonight's game.

So then bringing up Vermont and UMass (regular season record) is fair game provided I say that it is irrelevant towards tonight's game?

Which is just as relevant as the original poster bringing up Minnesota. Are we clear now?

So, what are you trying to prove on this board? If BC wins I'm sure you'll go on a posting barrage. If BC loses, I doubt I'll ever see your screenname on here again. :sad:

Which is just as relevant as the original poster bringing up Minnesota. Are we clear now?

I'm sorry, but the people who get paid to analyze tonight's game are going to consider UND's recent results against top-caliber teams much more relevant than non-playoff teams who beat them the first half of the season.

So, what are you trying to prove on this board? If BC wins I'm sure you'll go on a posting barrage. If BC loses, I doubt I'll ever see your screenname on here again. :sad:

Maybe you'd go on a "posting barrage" but I won't. I'll be here tomorrow and if the Sioux win I'll tip my cap to them. You won't hear me making excuses.

Boy, I can't do anything right. My only point in bringing Minnesota was that since the Sioux played so well against Minny, they can play and beat anybody.

Boy, I can't do anything right. My only point in bringing Minnesota was that since the Sioux played so well against Minny, they can play and beat anybody.

I think most of us got that. :sad:

I think most of us got that. :sad:

I think most of us got the jist of what he was saying. UND had to go through Just in the playoffs MSU-M (sweep) SCSU (win), Minnesota (Loss), Michigan (win) and Minnesota again (win). The fact that UND had a tough road should be signifigant. I don't think beating SLU and Miami is as impressive or as tough. Throw in a two game sweep of North Eastern who is a bottom feeder in HE.

I think most of us got the jist of what he was saying. UND had to go through Just in the playoffs MSU-M (sweep) SCSU (win), Minnesota (Loss), Michigan (win) and Minnesota again (win). The fact that UND had a tough road should be signifigant. I don't think beating SLU and Miami is as impressive or as tough. Throw in a two game sweep of North Eastern who is a bottom feeder in HE.

NU is no more of a bottom feeder than MSU-M and as long as we're throwing things in it's worth mentioning that 6 of BC's 12 consecutive wins are against teams that actually made it to the NCAA including 2 over Maine.

At this stage in the tournament is there any reason to think any of the 4 remaining teams can't win?

NU is no more of a bottom feeder than MSU-M and as long as we're throwing things in it's worth mentioning that 6 of BC's 12 consecutive wins are against teams that actually made it to the NCAA including 2 over Maine.

At this stage in the tournament is there any reason to think any of the 4 remaining teams can't win?

I would put MSU-M against NE anytime.

Here we go. Even the WCHA's bottom feeders are better than HEA's. Pardon me if I don't take the bait.

If I don't I am sure some WCHA fan would be happy to fill you in on how are league's sos was 1-10 all WCHA teams this last season.

Sure. Tell the WCHA fan to fill me in.

You can be that dense. The WCHA finished the year like 1-10 in strenght of schedule. From top to bottom it was the toughest league in college hockey.

There is a reason our league has won 5 years in a row and 6 out of 7 NCAA titles.