SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people whine too much... half of the posts on this thread are people crying about how the thread needs end. Well since the issue technically and clearly isn't over on a legal level and people still want to talk about it... let them talk about it. Find something else to whine about on some other forum go check out the gophers website or something..

An interesting perspective. I've read Sioux-cia's post 3 times now and I don't get where she said "set them free." Maybe I missed it somewhere.

But hey, that's alright.

It's ok. If someone wants to see things in my posts that aren't there, who am I to discourage their fantasies.

Why did he plead not guilty of being underage in a bar? Is he not underage and was he not in the bar in question? :sad:

(Before anyone goes ape, I'm seriously curious about how such proceedings typically work and I have no desire to see Oshie or Toews get into trouble).

I'm not an attorney, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with what the definition of "is" is. ;):angry:

Why did he plead not guilty of being underage in a bar? Is he not underage and was he not in the bar in question? :angry:

(Before anyone goes ape, I'm seriously curious about how such proceedings typically work and I have no desire to see Oshie or Toews get into trouble).

I would guess he wants to let them know their charges are BS and that he is more than willing to discuss them with a judge at a later date.

It's his right to have a trial by a jury of his peers. You're innocent until proven guilty in America.

hence there should be no punishment until the trial is over. Of course McFeely is the judge jury and the executioner.

The Defendant always pleads not guilty when represented by an attorney. This allows the prosecutor and the attorney to work out a plea agreement to take any uncertainty out of the sentencing. It also allows the defense to get the police report and statements to see what evidence the State would use in the prosecution.

The Defendant always pleads not guilty when represented by an attorney. This allows the prosecutor and the attorney to work out a plea agreement to take any uncertainty out of the sentencing. It also allows the defense to get the police report and statements to see what evidence the State would use in the prosecution.

You've been watching Jack McCoy on "Law and Order" again, haven't ya. :angry:

Not always. Sometimes, when they hire an attorney they just want to make sure that they are treated fairly and are aware of what's going on. You can get all of that other information on your own because it's an open record. If the case is still open, some of the info may not be available to the public. And sometimes people plead not guilty when not being represented by an attorney.

If you just go and plead guity it is up to the judge what the sentance will be. If you plead not guilty, either in person or by waiver, you can work out a written plea agreement and not have to go back to Court. You also are certain that the judge won't pull something weird and sentence something unusual.

Uh hello, does the name Zach Parise ring any bells

And wasn't Smaby there as well? And a Boston College lad or two?

EDIT: Why yes they were .... http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1402 ... and from that thread no less:

Blais was asked about his players playing tonight and if they would sit out and he said both players are playing. I guess that ends that speculation.

I wonder if Dean Blais was the coach if these guys would have played this weekend?? Any takers that say they would not have played!!! My bet is they would not have played!!!

Good grief, I wonder if some people read. Did Zach Parise sit when he was busted for the same thing?

HockeyMom I'm well aware of, "innocent until proven guity" - I've just never personally had to stand in front of a judge before and it's hard to draw from Law & Order to relate to a case like this one. :angry:

I asked because I would have thought what's considered to be pretty minor offense could be dismissed by the judge and/or prosecutor upon plea rather than require the parties to return at a later date. But I suppose it makes sense to try and have all charges waved if possible so nothing remains on their record.