SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

Congrats to everyone for getting to 40 pages on this "non-story" story. Like someone said earlier, 4 points please!!

Kill the mavs

You got a page turn, we're now on page 41. Everybody have a great weekend and lets kill the purple land cows. I'm off like a prom dress.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm sure the police do handle things differently in GF than in mpls. My point is that what Bina did is actually a fairly big deal.

The "big deal" is reflected in what Bina is charged with. I wasn't addressing that. I was addressing the difference between how police in Grand Forks and police in Minneapolis treat people at the scene of the alleged crime. You might also consider the possibility that the police knew who Bina was and didn't see any need to throw him on the ground and cuff him, which is what you said would have happened in Minneapolis.

I said nothing about violating probation. I was talking about the incident on it's own. And, no, it's not slippery slope if he simply walked over and opened the door. Reread my post, I also said that we don't know the entire situation.

ummm...yeah. The "incident" is the probation violation.

Still winter in North Dakota, right? Car windows are rolled up in winter, right?

Two buddies in the back of a cop car, coats in the bar, dates still sitting at the table. A good friend who likely has a few under his belt, which explains poor judgment, walks over to the cop car, opens the door, "Hey, don't worry, I got your stuff." Cops react (adrenalin already up and flowing) and throw him in another cop car.

Nah, that couldn't have happened................ Taz that criminal, throw the little ba$!ard down on the pavement, and cuff 'em Dano.

It's somewhat flattering and an affirmation of this model of news gathering and dissemination how much story prep the regional media does on SiouxSports.com, but it would be nice if you professional journalists could drop a proper citation now and then (e.g. "The fans on SiouxSports.com were talking about..."). Politeness, if not journalistic integrity, would be well served by it.

Do you mean like this? :blush::glare:

However, between injuries, absences and coach Dave Hakstol's juggling of line combinations when the team struggled to score goals, the Duncan-Oshie-Toews line (christened the DOT Line last October by UND fans at SiouxSports.com) started only half of UND's 28 games.

Dear Mr. Mike McFeely of ForumComm (I know you're reading :blush: ):

Seems Oshie and Toews were minors in a tavern. Shame on them. Seems some NDSU FB players may have done the same in the last year, but without the same noteriety (claim made in comments on McFeely's blog). Shame on whom for that lack of coverage?

It also seems the suspended UND MBB players may have done more than just sit in a chair in a questionable place.

Do you have all of the facts of each situation, or do you just prefer the "ready, fire, aim" approach when you think you see a target?

Still winter in North Dakota, right? Car windows are rolled up in winter, right?

Two buddies in the back of a cop car, coats in the bar, dates still sitting at the table. A good friend who likely has a few under his belt, which explains poor judgment, walks over to the cop car, opens the door, "Hey, don't worry, I got your stuff." Cops react (adrenalin already up and flowing) and throw him in another cop car.

Nah, that couldn't have happened................ Taz that criminal, throw the little ba$!ard down on the pavement, and cuff 'em Dano.

I like that explaination. Has anyone figured out who the Gopher fan was that turned them in.

I was damn pumped to see them guys all playing tonight.. hakstol is a genius for not sitting them... what a streak killer that might have been, it would ave taken the whole teams integrity down to crap. And why do certain people think its cool that forums just end when they want them to? Obviously people are still discussing something whether it be this situation or not... who f-in cares how long the people of this forum discuss something.. anyways, way to go sioux awesome game...

Here is a crazy idea. Before anyone gets suspended let's give a concept I like to call "innocent until proven guilty" a try. If a guilty plea and the associated facts do appear punishment over & above the judicial systems can always be given by Hak then.

One more thing about Hak, can we really blame him for not speaking to the media the instant he learned about this? Let him gather some facts before he has to take a course of action. Even if he did say something the next morning it would have been the standard "I am still gathering info about the incident and will make a statement at the proper time" song & dance. What exactly does that accomplish, except to add a couple lines of meaningless non-information to the inital story.

Actually its not McFeely's business what the punishment is for the hockey players that made some bad choices. I wonder if Mike had a aneurysm when the Sioux players took the ice last night.

The fact that these are UND hockey players and not NDSU ag students means maybe you should stick to your area coverage, Fargo FM. No one cares about Bison Sports up here in Grand Forks, the only city in ND with a legitimate Division one title (hockey).

I wouldn't doubt that Mike is probably a gopher fan, anyone want to lay odds. Nice to see Fargo is back into the program envy department, god we missed you. Funny things is there are quite a few fans from Fargo up watching the game, many of them went to school at NDSUck. Nope Hockey isn't an item in Fargo is it?

Maybe Mike should stick to something he knows a LITTLE more about, livestock and NDSU sports. Posted by: Melvin on 2/10/2007 1:35 PM

I think this response is interesting.

So every person who has exercised bad judgement and committed a crime should be set free??

How are these three kids still playing. The only way one of them wont play is if they go to jail for 10 days. So the court system will give a true punishment but the coach will not?? WTF!!!!!!!!

So every person who has exercised bad judgement and committed a crime should be set free??

How are these three kids still playing. The only way one of them wont play is if they go to jail for 10 days. So the court system will give a true punishment but the coach will not?? WTF!!!!!!!!

An interesting perspective. I've read Sioux-cia's post 3 times now and I don't get where she said "set them free." Maybe I missed it somewhere.

But hey, that's alright.

You/we have no idea what kind of punishment the coach has handed these 3 guys. Hak made the announcement that it will be handled, and we have to trust that he is doing the right thing. We don't know what that is, and thats the way it's going to be. We put our trust in the coaching staff to do their job, and this is part of it.