SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

Plenty old enough..i cant wait for a coors light at the game!

This off topic...how do I get music to a clickable link in here? say I want to have a link to play a certain song when you click on it? any ideas... Yes this is off topic but I figured this is the best place for it :lol: I've seen it done in here before but Im not sure the website to get music to do this.

Can't help you out. :( I have to ask PCM to post any pictures I want to share on SS.com. :)

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ssssshhhhhh!!!! He wanted to keep those for himself!!!

Well people before, when trying to figure out what a song was right before the hockey game started, posted links that, when clicked, went right to a song. (not pictures 8o)) Any help would be good. I have a good song to end this thread ...yes its hockey related :glare:

What does the recent incident in Grand Forks have to do with the Gophers?

Nothing. But the write for the Trib wants to say that this incident might move Oshie and Toews out of town. Did he write the same thing for the gopher players who were in trouble last year? If not, why would he think this would affect Oshie/Toews this way? That's the question I'm asking.

Nothing. But the write for the Trib wants to say that this incident might move Oshie and Toews out of town. Did he write the same thing for the gopher players who were in trouble last year? If not, why would he think this would affect Oshie/Toews this way? That's the question I'm asking.

I don't know if this writer wrote it last year, but there was a lot of speculation at the time that Kessel might decide to leave to avoid dealing with that any longer. It's stupid speculation. The players will leave when they are ready, in Oshie and Toews case they both could be playing in the NHL this season so to point to "Judy" as a reason to leave is silly.

I don't know if this writer wrote it last year, but there was a lot of speculation at the time that Kessel might decide to leave to avoid dealing with that any longer. It's stupid speculation. The players will leave when they are ready, in Oshie and Toews case they both could be playing in the NHL this season so to point to "Judy" as a reason to leave is silly.

We all know that Kessel left because he finally realized that his folk's decision for him to go to MnTech was a bad one.

I assume Mike McFeely has never run afoul of the laws against under age consumption or entering a tavern as a minor.

PS - Sure is good to know Mike's such a dedicated SiouxSports.com reader.

PPS - Should we be charging him a fee for doing his column prep?

I assume Mike McFeely has never run afoul of the laws against under age consumption or entering a tavern as a minor.

Actually, I don't see what that has to do with his column. Using your logic, a coach could never punish a player for doing something that the coach might have done when he was a player. If the players have no fear of being punished for violating team rules, then what's the point of having team rules? :blush:

Actually, I don't see what that has to do with his column. Using your logic, a coach could never punish a player for doing something that the coach might have done when he was a player. If the players have no fear of being punished for violating team rules, then what's the point of having team rules? :blush:

OK, let's change it up then to fit:

Has anyone with ForumComm ever violated the law?

What were the ForumComm sanctions, if any?

Were those printed in the paper, and I mean the corporate, not legal system, sanctions?

If Hak is supposed to write a press release on team sanctions, shouldn't Bill Marcil do the same in a similar situation (given the McFeely standard)?

The public, legalites side, sure, put it in print.

But the team/corporate sanctions, are they my business?

(BTW - on the subject of journalistic standards, had that column been a post on this site, you would have received a warning for your ad hominem attack on other posters).

Jim, shame on you for pointing out McFeely's immature tactics, ya ol' hick you. :glare::blush:

PS - Sure is good to know Mike's such a dedicated SiouxSports.com reader.

PPS - Should we be charging him a fee for doing his column prep?

McFeely...since you do read this, I could say some things about you...but I really don't want to go down that path. I know for a fact that Craig Bohl has some serious skeletons in his closet from Nebraska, but I don't think you would dare right about that in your paper.

I believe Jonathan Toews & TJ Oshie are outstanding young men that made a bad mistake by being in a bar underage...I still think they are a credit to the University of North Dakota and will be terrific NHL players. Robbie Bina made a terrible mistake by getting in the way of the law...he is obviously a strong young man that knows he messed up bad and will be that much better for it in his future.

If the players have no fear of being punished for violating team rules, then what's the point of having team rules?

What are the team rules in this case?

What's the punishment?

Was it delivered?

We don't know.

We can assume one thing, or another, that fits our unique agendas, or state what we'd do.

Only Hak, and his assistants, and his team, and his boss, and probably some team parents, knows if he's followed through in accordance with team rules.

Mike McFeely is upset that he doesn't know. (shrug)

OK, I probably am missing your point. I'll accept that.

Just clear one thing up for me:

What standard are they holding Hak to, and are they choosing to live to that standard also?

What the media always wants is full disclosure. They want to know EVERYTHING that is going on with anything whether it is a law protected right to know or otherwise.

What the media wants from Hakstol is information that he is not required to give: the behind the scenes information about how he runs his team. The media is not a part of the team. The media doesn't hold hire or fire prvileges. THey do not pay Hakstol's paycheck. There is only a percieved right to know and that perception, in this case, is wrong, in Hakstol's opinion apparently.

Since the media can't get their way, they write editorials and install critical judgements or nuances on Hakstol. That's how I percieve the media as operating in this case.

As for McFeely, he's an idiot. Always has been. I know he criticizes everyone but he goes over the top. That's how he ensures readership.