SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiros got it wrong. They weren't cited for underage drinking, just being there.

I emailed him about a correction, and received this reply this afternoon. Thought it only fair to post it here:

You are correct. I wrote it the accurate way and an editor changed it. I have asked the paper to print a correction.

Dean

edit: I see stickboy already posted the same response. At least he's consistent!

I've been a prosecutor for 15+ years in Wisconsin. I volunteer to come home, be the special prosecutor and dismiss all the charges after reading the police reports and making a thoughtful determination in the interests of justice. I will simply require air fare, some reasonable accomodations and perhaps some tickets to any ice hockey games that happen to be going on at the Ralph.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

that has already been discussed. It is cold in ND, your buddy is in a cop car with the windows rolled up, you want to talk to him, you open the door, cop sees you decides that you shouldn't be doing this and calls you away, you forget to shut the door when you walk away and another cop charges you with helping them escape. There are different possibilities and only a few that were there know what really happened. Thank you.

This could be true. But it is a Straw-man argument. Also, I don't think if this was the case Bina would have been charged.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

So.....you are bored with this thread? Then stop reading it. Nobody is making you come onto this thread.

So.....you are bored with this thread? Then stop reading it. Nobody is making you come onto this thread.

It almost dissapears then someone posts in it again! :D I think instead of what he said she said/ he did she did....Just see what they get charged with. Its over and done with! But ok..im done with it too! :D

Bina's charge is BS...it's not like everybody doesn't know who these guys are...where the hell were they supposed to escape to...I'm guessin he just wanted to talk to his buddies and things just escalated from there...enter the media and you have the whole next season of Prison Break....

Bina's charge is BS...it's not like everybody doesn't know who these guys are...where the hell were they supposed to escape to...I'm guessin he just wanted to talk to his buddies and things just escalated from there...enter the media and you have the whole next season of Prison Break....

maybe its just me but im not sure bina would get charged with what he was charged with if he was simply going over to talk to osh and jonny, just a hunch.

Had Bina intended to assist in Oshie and Toews escaping, he would have been arrested and taken to jail where he would have had to post bond, and it definately would not have been a simple B-Misdemeanor. Escape, or Aiding and Abetting is at least an A-Misdemeanor charge, and most often a felony.

I have not seen anything that says any of the involved parties were arrested, just cited and released. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Ok enough about this topic.....what really happened was bina went over to talk to the guys and actually get his keys from jonny or tj so he could get back into his house.....the cop saw him open the door and told him to get away and go back inside if he knew what was good for him...bina did exactly what the cop said and went inside to get a beer.....a couple days later watching the news was the first time that he actually found out that he was in trouble and then he recieved his ticket in the mail after that....so the media once again blew things outa proportion and made things worse then they actually were...and bina should not have been given the charge he was

Ok enough about this topic.....what really happened was bina went over to talk to the guys and actually get his keys from jonny or tj so he could get back into his house.....the cop saw him open the door and told him to get away and go back inside if he knew what was good for him...bina did exactly what the cop said and went inside to get a beer.....a couple days later watching the news was the first time that he actually found out that he was in trouble and then he recieved his ticket in the mail after that....so the media once again blew things outa proportion and made things worse then they actually were...and bina should not have been given the charge he was

Where were you 45 pages ago?? :ohmy:

If that is what really happened and I have no reason to believe otherwise as it seems logical, Bina got the shaft. Looks to me like some cops wanted to be Jumbo Columbo's and make an example out of T, O, B.

After all of the adversity Bina has overcome in the last couple of years, I give him credit for being able to have the courage and heart to battle back to being able to live a normal life let alone playing D-1 hockey. When Robbie has graduated and moved on that is what I will remember about him without a thought or care as to "opening a car door" to a police car.

It's good that he plead not-guilty then - let a judge decide if he "assisted with an escape" or what ever he is charged with. That state's attorney is nuts to persue this in the manner she has. Trying to make a name for herself perhaps.

It's good that he plead not-guilty then - let a judge decide if he "assisted with an escape" or what ever he is charged with. That state's attorney is nuts to persue this in the manner she has. Trying to make a name for herself perhaps.

What student sioux fan 22 posted is fairly accurate. How many people really think that Robbie thought the police wouldn't know who he, Toews, and Oshie were, and that they could really "escape"? Nobody? Me either. I'm not saying what Robbie did was smart, but he wasn't helping them "escape". I think the police were damned if they did (making a bigger deal than it should be) and damned if they didn't (why do you let Sioux hockey players get away with this stuff). Robbie will get a slap on the hands, pay a fine, and be done with it - and quite frankly, that's all that should happen, anyways.

If anyone's interested, I'm guessing that these are the Grand Forks city ordinances under which the three players are being charged.

9-0104. Resisting arrest; escaping custody.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to prevent or attempt to prevent a police officer, acting under color of official authority, from effecting the arrest of any person, by the use or threatened use of force or physical violence or any other means which creates a substantial risk of causing physical injury to any police officer or other person.

(2) "Police officer," as used in this section, means any person defined as a police officer by Section 39-01-01 of the North Dakota Century Code, who is in uniform, who has displayed his or her credentials, or who has identified himself or herself as a police officer to the person whose arrest is attempted.

(3) A police officer is "acting under color of official authority" when, in the course of the officer's duties, the officer is called upon to make or does in fact make a good faith judgment based on surrounding facts and circumstances, that an arrest should be made.

(4) It is unlawful for any person to escape, attempt to escape, in any manner aid another to escape, to rescue, or attempt to rescue a person from the custody of a police officer or from the custody of any person aiding such police officer after being commanded by such police officer to so take such person into custody, provided that the provisions of this section shall not apply when the escapee is being held for a felony or charged with any felony.

(Ord. No. 3546,