SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

Didn't know that they essentially eliminated the "power hour" in Grand Forks. 14 years ago I would have felt quite a bit better on my birthday if this had been the situation back then. :ohmy: Faces and Chaps were not very kind. Just hearing the words "Flaming Zambuca" still makes me throw up in my mouth.

The ND Legislature (and many cities) took on "power hour" by adding the "8:00 am" clause a few years back after an NDSU student power-houred himself into an alcohol induced multiday coma (and nearly died) at a north Fargo pub (Bison Turf?).

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Spiros and here's what he said

"You are correct. I wrote it the right way and an editor changed it. I have asked the paper to print a correction.

Dean"

Unless there is a new link it hasn't been changed as of yet.

I had a meeting this AM with one of Senator Coleman's staff concerning education and the NCLB Act. After other discussion about NCLB, I suggested they consider my idea of changing the drinking age to either age 21 or a person with a HS diploma plus 3 mos. whichever comes first. I suggested it should improve graduation rates without cost to taxpayers. I reminded her we have more problems in this country with binge drinking than those countries which have lower drinking ages and that we are willing to send young men and women age 18 to war. She took notes on other ideas but I noted she didn't write anything down about my idea on changing the age. I think she is a Gopher fan.

I had a meeting this AM with one of Senator Coleman's staff concerning education and the NCLB Act. After other discussion about NCLB, I suggested they consider my idea of changing the drinking age to either age 21 or a person with a HS diploma plus 3 mos. whichever comes first. I suggested it should improve graduation rates without cost to taxpayers. I reminded her we have more problems in this country with binge drinking than those countries which have lower drinking ages and that we are willing to send young men and women age 18 to war. She took notes on other ideas but I noted she didn't write anything down about my idea on changing the age. I think she is a Gopher fan.

I like your idea, however wouldn't you run into much larger problems with the Federal government? Back when the drinking age was 18 in some states and 21 in others, didn't they (Fed govmn't) basically tell all of the states that were still at 18 that they had to move the drinking age to 21 or they would get major funding cuts? Someone who knows more than me on the subject may have more/better info.

I like your idea, however wouldn't you run into much larger problems with the Federal government? Back when the drinking age was 18 in some states and 21 in others, didn't they (Fed govmn't) basically tell all of the states that were still at 18 that they had to move the drinking age to 21 or they would get major funding cuts? Someone who knows more than me on the subject may have more/better info.

. I reminded her we have more problems in this country with binge drinking than those countries which have lower drinking ages and that we are willing to send young men and women age 18 to war.

I agree if your old enough to fight for your country and possibly die you should be able to drink a beer. I agree with that.

DISCLAIMER:

1) I do not know (if it did happen) who called the policemen to Judy's bar on the night in question.

2) The ONLY person I blamed on line for possibly doing it (if it did happen) was an unknown, unnamed Gopher fan.

3) Don't involve me in 'personal' drama, I have no desire or business knowing anything about.

3) I am on this board because I am as big a Fighting Sioux fan as anyone who posts here. I will continue to post my thoughts, opinions, questions, etc. on this forum as long as my laptop works (and Jim allows me to).

4) I got home from New Mexico at 3:30 this morning and I'm in no mood for anyone else's drama.

Thank you for the time and space.

*It was great fun and worth the trip to see Prp play hockey again*

Adam Woden reported on XM 204 yesterday that Oshie and Toews were arrested for underage drinking and Bina was arrested for helping them escape the cop car. This guy obviously doesn't look into what he reports before he reports it.

Edit: Its also nice to know thats the biggest thing going on with UND hockey right now. Not even a mention that the Sioux are probably the hottest team in college hockey right now being unbeaten in their past 10 games! If it weren't for O&A I'd cancel my XM subscription darnit.

Vaht? ;)

A SS.com member believes she is being blamed for calling the police to Judy's Bar on the night in question. She PM'd me early in the 46 pages because she thought I was one of the people blaming her (I believe I was speculating it was a dirty, rotten Gopher fan). I don't know her, have never spoken with her but I may have seen her at a gathering once for about 20 seconds. She told me personal things about herself, her boyfriend and his children. Things I didn't want to know then and don't want to know now. She then then posted vile things about a friend of mine on her MySpace to which I objected. She and her boyfriend have now PM'd me beause they believe some of my generic posts and posts about the woman who tried to budge in front of everyone at the 'Meet and Greet' are about her.

The DRAMA. If I wanted a soap opera in my life, I'd get cable or satellite!!!!!!

*If I wasn't so dog-tired from the trip to see Prp play hockey, I'd probably find this funny but not today.*

A SS.com member believes she is being blamed for calling the police to Judy's Bar on the night in question. She PM'd me early in the 46 pages because she thought I was one of the people blaming her (I believe I was speculating it was a dirty, rotten Gopher fan). I don't know her, have never spoken with her but I may have seen her at a gathering once for about 20 seconds. She told me personal things about herself, her boyfriend and his children. Things I didn't want to know then and don't want to know now. She then then posted vile things about a friend of mine on her MySpace to which I objected. She and her boyfriend have now PM'd me beause they believe some of my generic posts and posts about the woman who tried to budge in front of everyone at the 'Meet and Greet' are about her.

The DRAMA. If I wanted a soap opera in my life, I'd get cable or satellite!!!!!!

*If I wasn't so dog-tired from the trip to see Prp play hockey, I'd probably find this funny but not today.*

Just in case you haven't been into your controls in this forum, you do have a PM Block List that you can make use of if you want, along with hiding your email if you choose also. Sounds like you may be getting to the point of needing to do that.

Just in case you haven't been into your controls in this forum, you do have a PM Block List that you can make use of if you want, along with hiding your email if you choose also. Sounds like you may be getting to the point of needing to do that.

Will do. Thanks

what was the username?

this will always live.

I'm thinking about writing a book about this whole incident (46 pages, copies of MySpace postings and several PM's ready for the editor, ;) ) after the boys are rich and famous. I'll keep the user names to myself, for now....... ;)

I'm thinking about writing a book about this whole incident (46 pages, copies of MySpace postings and several PM's ready for the editor, :D ) after the boys are rich and famous. I'll keep the user names to myself, for now....... ;)

Wow, I'd post the PMs, mySpace link, the offender's name, address, and phone # here. ;)