SiouxSports.com Forum

Candidates for UND President

GeauxSioux

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it is possible.

Lois Muir, provost of a university in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, may be added as a ninth candidate pending a reference check. Muir applied after the deadline for the first screening. Muir's application was accepted Monday by the committee.

Doesn't appear that Provost Muir and Montana's President Dennison got along well ... :D

http://chronicle.com/news/article/161/mont...ves-the-provost

The University of Montana

Stays at eight.....

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=56478

can anyone explain to me why we are interviewing canidates in a hotel by the airport in mpls.....?

why not on campus...?

It is not uncommon for early round interviewing for high profile positions to take place in a more central location. This applies in business as well.

I still find it "interesting" that Weisenstein is chairing the AD search panel. Seems a most interesting convergence.

I'm also surprised that Johnson is still in the running. I remember her from her days at "The Nut Lab" on the UND campus. I wouldn't put her into the "presidential" category. She's got resume. She can run a research organization. But can she do the politics and fundraising of the job? No track record. Sorry, but I need more in those key areas.

• 1 month later...

Things should start happening again soon with regard to the presidency. On-campus interviews are to take place sometime in January (according to the above-mentioned Nov. 28 Herald article), with a new president expected to be named in early February. Hopefully then the a.d. hiring process will then begin in earnest.

Things should start happening again soon with regard to the presidency. On-campus interviews are to take place sometime in January (according to the above-mentioned Nov. 28 Herald article)

UND Presidential Search Committee

December 31, 2007Report to the UND Community

Campus Interviews

Five candidates for President of UND will be interviewing on campus in January. Information about the candidates is posted on the Presidential Search web site, at http://www.und.edu/presidentialsearch/resumes.html . The campus community and the public are invited to meet each candidate at 3:30 on the afternoons listed below, followed by a public forum beginning at 4:05, a question & answer session, and a reception ending at 5:30. Those sessions will be held in the Ballroom at the Memorial Union.

Candidate Date of Public Forum

Robert Kelley Friday, January 11

Kathleen Long Monday, January 14

Phyllis Johnson Thursday, January 17

Bruce Smith Tuesday, January 22

Dennis Elbert Thursday, January 24

President search enters home stretch

Five candidates to be UND's next president will visit campus this month, starting with the University of Wyoming's health sciences dean, who arrives in town Wednesday.

Candidates will log more than 20 interviews, meetings and presentations during their four-day visits, according to a schedule distributed Monday to members of the UND Presidential Search Committee.

After the campus visits, the committee likely will forward three or four finalists to the State Board of Higher Education, which will name UND's next president Feb. 5.

I met the first candidate today, Robert Kelley. I'm going out on a limb and saying he's the next President of UND. Very straight shooter, down to earth, humorous. And the best part: he's a very firm believer in athletics' role at a University.

I met the first candidate today, Robert Kelley. I'm going out on a limb and saying he's the next President of UND. Very straight shooter, down to earth, humorous. And the best part: he's a very firm believer in athletics' role at a University.

I'm still hoping for Smith, but Kelley does sound like a good candidate.

For reference, the "Final Five":

Robert O. Kelley, dean of the University of Wyoming College of Health Sciences.

Kathleen Long, dean of the University of Florida College of Nursing.

Phyllis E. Johnson, Beltsville Area director of the USDA Agricultural Research Service.

Bruce Smith, dean of the UND Aerospace school.

Dennis Elbert, dean of the UND College of Business and Public Administration.

Seems like a strong candidate but didn't mention athletics and the importance of athletics to a school of our size. That was a huge mistake. It is an important part of the marketing that needs to be done. He was correct in that UND's marketing is poor at best.

I've mentioned that before. No one seemed to agree.

Which one UND the University or UND Athletics.....? I think both are very lacking, Athletics has fallen on the the shoulders of REA in the last 5-6 years, what do some people expect from a multi-million dollar donate facility with huge revenue streams of cash being dumped into it, they are suppose to help UND Athletics advertise....? (sarcasm)

Which one UND the University or UND Athletics.....? I think both are very lacking, Athletics has fallen on the the shoulders of REA in the last 5-6 years, what do some people expect from a multi-million dollar donate facility with huge revenue streams of cash being dumped into it, they are suppose to help UND Athletics advertise....? (sarcasm)

In many ways, this new streak of continuous REA sell-outs contradicts the above statements about the REA. How can we possibly complain about a sold-out arena possibly for the entire year? :lol::blush: Hodgson and Semrau have to be doing some things right and need to be given well-deserved credit. More marketing should be done if the arena wasn't selling out, but with the sell outs, that would be money-spent with little return. With the current REA management's track record, it seems like a good decision to market football and basketball through the REA next year.

REA Tickets are Hot