SiouxSports.com Forum

Candidates for UND President

GeauxSioux

Some of the endorsements are seem quite revealing: especially Elbert obtaining Clifford's reference (thought Bruce Smith might have received Clifford's blessing) and Weisenstein getting Kupchella as a reference. Weisenstein, who was a finalist for the Florida Gulf Coast position, also put his name in for Louisiana-Lafayette's president. ULL today did not name Weisenstein as a finalist: ULL finalists

Handicapping UND's internal candidates based on endorsements, Elbert might actually be the favorite to advance as a finalist, followed by Weisenstein, then Smith, then Harmeson / Groenewold.

Weisenstein pulled his name from consideration at Lousiana-Lafayette 2-3 weeks ago per [url="http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=54229

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND presidential search committee narrows applicant list to 16

The UND Presidential Search Committee today selected 16 candidates out of 38 total applicants to proceed to the next round of the search process.

That list included three internal UND candidates: Greg Weisenstein, provost and vice president of academic affairs; Bruce Smith, dean of the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences; and Dennis Elbert, dean of the College of Business and Public Administration.

The committee did not select Phil Harmeson, UND's vice president for general administration, to proceed to the next round of the search process.

And added to the mix...
The list also includes Phyllis Johnson, an area director for the USDA Agricultural Research Services and a UND graduate.

Who do you guys all like to win the job? Internal prez, external prez? I'm just wondering.

I like Elbert and Smith myself based mostly on their previous success fundraising and their commitment to the nickname/logo fiasco. They both also have verbalized a commitment to turn around the declining enrollment at UND and to make sure the move to D1 goes smoothly.

Candidate #10 - Gary Olson (Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, Illinois State University)

Punctuation Made Simple - The College of Arts & Sciences at Illinois State University

:crazy:

He forgot to mention my favorite form of punctuation...the tridot (aka "...").

The tridot or "..." is a very versatile form of punctuation which I use freely and with indifference. It can be used in place of the colon...the semicolon...the comma...the dash...but not the apostrophe (that would be wrong).

Those two clowns made it over Phil Harmeson.

The selection process has already discredited itself.

Since is is speculated that local reporters do indeed read this message board, after seeing a little bit of recent background about these two finalists, will we see a re-print of the hatchet job of Judge Jahnke in tomorrow's Herald? Or will someone have the audacity to do some research on these and the remainder of the 16 finalists?

Now that is an awesome site. What a bunch of non-showering, pot smoking, "Let's Join the PLO during Spring Break!" hippies.

Just what did the author...Matt Muchowski...expect Scarborough to do about "Coca-Cola's murdering of union organizers in Colombia"?

***stares at half empty can of Diet Coke on desk***

Those two clowns made it over Phil Harmeson.

The selection process has already discredited itself.

I disagree. This step was all about what they submit on paper in their application. I am pretty sure that neither of these candidates submitted these articles with the application. The next step is to weed out potential problem candidates by checking recommendations and doing research on the candidates. If these clowns make it through to the next step and actually get interviews, then the process can be questioned.

Just what did the author...Matt Muchowski...expect Scarborough to do about "Coca-Cola's murdering of union organizers in Colombia"?

***stares at half empty can of Diet Coke on desk***

Lead a band of guerillas in a massive plot to over throw the Columbian Government and make Pepsi the official beverage of Bogota.