SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick of the "there is no atmosphere at the Ralph" myth. Why some Sioux fans are so willing to help Gopher fans perpetuate this perception is beyond me. There aren't many games I've covered after which I haven't heard an opposing coach or player say that that the Ralph's atmosphere makes it a tough place to play. I'm sure they have no idea what they're talking about, however.

Is the atmosphere the same as the old Ralph? Probably not. But then, the old Ralph wasn't always the rockin' place some claim. I attended my share of dead games there, too.

Here's my proof that the new Ralph has enjoyed some great crowds and atmoshphere, even when the Sioux lose or tie. Don't tell me that I don't know what I saw and heard. I was at all of these games.

2001-2002

Oct. 19, 2001

Feb. 8, 2002

March 2, 2002

2002-2003

Dec. 7, 2002

Jan. 3, 2003

Jan. 4, 2003

March 15, 2003

March 16, 2003

2003-2004

Oct. 4, 2003

Oct. 17, 2003

Nov. 7, 2003

Nov. 8, 2003

March 13, 2004

2004-2005

Oct. 22, 2004

March 12, 2005

2005-2006

Jan. 20, 2006

Jan. 21, 2006

March 11, 2006

March 12, 2006

March 24, 2006

March 25, 2006

2006-2007

Nov. 25, 2006

Edited by PCM
Fixed the links

PCM. Your links call up a USCHO score page for me.

Same thing happened on Sunday when I tried to give you kudos for the fine recap

in which you honored Veteran Keeble.

Am I doing something wrong, or are the links wrong.

No, same thing happens to me. Sorry. :lol:

For some reason, USCHO is doing something to stop people from linking to their pages. I don't know why they're doing that now. They didn't used to. I'll put in some links that go to the proper season. People will have to look up the games and click on the link for the proper recap. That's the best I can do.

AMEN the Crowds at the Ralph have been great... when we play good - I'm sick of the whiners that want to stand & block the view of others - We actually watch the Game- Don't like it go to some school where they stand & Yell instead of Watch the Games :D Only thing more Obnoxious is when a Gopher Fan stands in front of you & does his M I N N O thing while play has resumed :lol:

damn - missed it - and you obviosly have mistaken this group as folks who may care

Again, yeah why would you want to hear a guy that is playing in the series talk about the series. thought it would be cool to read a little bit about what the opponent is thinking and talking about before the series starts, but appearentely your head is too far up something to see that...sorry for everything

I am sick of the "there is no atmosphere at the Ralph" myth.

I don't get it either and it goes for Mariucci as well. People look at Madison when either the Gophers or Sioux are playing and wonder why we can't be like that. It's silly. Take a look at UW when they are playing MTU and it's not really much different then Mariucci vs. MTU.

The atmosphere is always going to match how the home team is playing. If the Sioux were coming back from down three vs. the Gophers in the 3rd, miraculously the atmosphere in the Ralph would be the best ever.

The atmosphere is always going to match how the home team is playing.

Exactly. I believe it was Ryan Bayda who said to me after one of UND's lackluster performances during the 01-02 season that nobody should expect the crowd to cheer when their team isn't giving them anything to cheer about. The atmosphere is always linked to the importance of the game, the rivalry between the teams and how close the game is. If there's some drama involved in the form of a rally or trying to hold on while the other team is rallying, that helps a great deal, too.

Again, yeah why would you want to hear a guy that is playing in the series talk about the series. thought it would be cool to read a little bit about what the opponent is thinking and talking about before the series starts, but appearentely your head is too far up something to see that...sorry for everything

wow - ok thanks - and yes you are.

Exactly. I believe it was Ryan Bayda who said to me after one of UND's lackluster performances during the 01-02 season that nobody should expect the crowd to cheer when their team isn't giving them anything to cheer about. The atmosphere is always linked to the importance of the game, the rivalry between the teams and how close the game is. If there's some drama involved in the form of a rally or trying to hold on while the other team is rallying, that helps a great deal, too.

I agree as well. proof of my opinion

I don't get it either and it goes for Mariucci as well. People look at Madison when either the Gophers or Sioux are playing and wonder why we can't be like that. It's silly. Take a look at UW when they are playing MTU and it's not really much different then Mariucci vs. MTU.

The atmosphere is always going to match how the home team is playing. If the Sioux were coming back from down three vs. the Gophers in the 3rd, miraculously the atmosphere in the Ralph would be the best ever.

sounds like fairweather fans to me.....just in my opinion. Granted yes, if your playing USA u-18 team then thats understandable. But any game that has any affect on how the season goes, as far as points for example, then it should never be quiet :lol:

sounds like fairweather fans to me.....just in my opinion. Granted yes, if your playing USA u-18 team then thats understandable. But any game that has any affect on how the season goes, as far as points for example, then it should never be quiet :D

Sounds like a realistic assessment to me. Hard to cheer my a$$ off hile getting swept by tech, I really was not in the mood.

Kudos to you for being such a paradigm Sioux fan. :lol:

I'm not sure what prompted that 2nd grade response from PCM. I didn't realize "sight lines" was such a sensitive subject with him.

Perhaps because he tires of your condescending messages that are almost always contrary and intended to stir up controversy. If his response is "2nd grade", then surely your posts are preschool or below. You are like that little pest that only exists to annoy others and everyone wants to punch in the face. Tell me---WHY do you even post here? Do you ever have a reasoned response or an objective thought, or is your purpose in life simply to annoy Sioux fans?? Your signature line says it all. Unlike many Gophers fans who post here that are objective and actually add to thoughtful discussion, you are why many of us cheer when the Gophers stumble.

Sounds like a realistic assessment to me. Hard to cheer my a$$ off hile getting swept by tech, I really was not in the mood.

Kudos to you for being such a paradigm Sioux fan. :lol:

Im not cutting anyone down but seriously. You cheer when the team does good? you cheer only when the right team is playing? :huh::huh: I wish I could stand the whole game! Yeah you get down by 4 goals late in the game its hard to cheer, but the first period and/or more, at least, should be pretty loud every game.