SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. Minnesota

jimdahl

Who do you want to win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which team (and are you not a Sioux fan)?

• Minnesota
    • NDSU
    • NDSU (but I am a Bison fan)

I was cheering for NDSU yesterday, I would have loved to see them beat UM. However, the postings with respect to Bison fans is more proof that I have met few Bison fans who weren't complete A-holes when it came to sports. Perhaps losing to the Gophers just reminded how often the Sioux used to beat them back in the day. D1, D2, who cares. Where's the Nickel???

SU fan. Enjoy your moral victory and dream about how you could have given Ohio State a run for their money while you are watching playoff football this fall.

Good luck against Duluth...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaveK,

Please stop posting on here, you are only embarrassing yourself. NDSU didn't prove anything huh? I would say that the Bison showed just how far that program has progressed in the last 3-4 years, and they made the state of ND proud yesterday.

I am a UND alum and big fan, but the fact of the matter is NDSU had the guts and foresight to make the move to I-AA a few years ago, when the Sioux should have done the same. Most Sioux fans ripped them (as they do no matter what NDSU does), and said what a stupid move it was. Now that we're moving up, it is of course the greatest idea ever.

I hope that UND has even half the success that NDSU has since making the move. Winning at Wisconsin in basketball (ending the nation's longest home winning streak), and beating I-A Ball State and playing like they did against the Gophers, NDSU can hold its head high.

Also, you should really change your signature at the bottom of your posts. They didn't run and hide in another division, they moved UP. That makes you look like even more of a moron than most of your posts do.

O.K., now I'm ready for those of you wearing your Kelly Green glasses to rip me. Have at it...

This person is obviously a Bison fan in disguise. Go back to Bisonville and talk about how you guys think you could win the BCS. In the meantime, try hosting a playoff game.

Why does it have to be that NDSU played so great? Isn't is possible that Minnesota just played that poorly? Why am I not allowed to have that opinion? Stop boosting NDSU's egos, they're already arrogant and obnoxious enough as it is.

DaveK,

I admire your passion for UND athletics. Thank you for being a fan of Division II North Dakota football. I would never make fun of you for spitting out hatred of NDSU (as the feeling is mutual from many of us), but I can't believe you go after a Boston UND guy, obviously one of your own. Dave, please grow up and realize:

1. Your President is not a leader. Leaders don't b$tch and moan about how the NCAA is being unfair and say NDSU is crazy for making a move up. (Notice how he is following NDSU to D1? That is called following.) Leaders lead. Leaders set a goal and achieve it. Did you read about the UND state of the state address? Well, I did. Again, Kup complained and did not lead. He is blaming funding issues at UND for falling behind; Chapman has never let those issues stop him and soon NDSU will be the largest University in ND (just BARELY smaller now).

2. Roger Thomas, although a great football coach, was an aweful AD. Be thankful he is gone as you have a classy guy there now. If UND ever gets another game with NDSU, it will be due to your great AD. The irony is that if UND had leaders and went to D1 with NDSU, it would have been UND playing Minnesota, not NDSU. Chew on that one.....

Now, please say you are sorry to all the great UND fans who have realized the above facts and want to give NDSU their props. Even I did that after the UNI victory, but I did admit I wanted UND to lose so I won't lie.

THEsocalled(Bison)fan

My mom is a UND grad, and even she was there cheering on the THUNDERING HERD!

The irony is that if UND had leaders and went to D1 with NDSU, it would have been UND playing Minnesota, not NDSU. Chew on that one.....

Please, It was Bohl's connection with someone at the U-M. ???

The more YOU post the more YOU give Dave K's posting legitimacy on how NDSU fans really

hate how UND is gaining attention.

The NDSU = Jan Brady vs UND = Marsha Brady syndrome really is getting old by some NDSU

fan's like yourself.

Why bring your poor mother into this? :angry:

Yea there were a couple of old goofballs yelling "sioux suck" after the cheers but they were kinda looked upon as drunken idiots, I had to fight the urge to yell over "move on with your life". I didn't notice any of the college age people acting like that.

A few Gopher fans decided to mock the NDSU supporters after the game and talked crap and said things like "enjoy your drive home". Classy fans there. But many seemed to admire the passion we had for our team and the fact we gave the players a standing ovation even though they didn't win. There are some great write ups in the Minneapolis papers, if you have time.

Dont you think that NDSU had a better trip home, knowing they played decent enough, rather than UM going a short distance home, knowing they played like crap? :angry:

The Bison played good and the goofers played like morons.

I actually cheered for the Bison and I can't stand moo u.

It was delightful to see the bison piss down their leg when it counted the most. Talk about panic...

Punt fumble

Missed FG from 20 yds

INT in red zone

Blocked FG to win

They had them and let 'em off the hook. The gofers were who they thought they were.

1. Your President is not a leader. Leaders don't b$tch and moan about how the NCAA is being unfair and say NDSU is crazy for making a move up. (Notice how he is following NDSU to D1? That is called following.) Leaders lead. Leaders set a goal and achieve it. Did you read about the UND state of the state address? Well, I did. Again, Kup complained and did not lead. He is blaming funding issues at UND for falling behind; Chapman has never let those issues stop him and soon NDSU will be the largest University in ND (just BARELY smaller now).

2. Roger Thomas, although a great football coach, was an aweful AD. Be thankful he is gone as you have a classy guy there now. If UND ever gets another game with NDSU, it will be due to your great AD. The irony is that if UND had leaders and went to D1 with NDSU, it would have been UND playing Minnesota, not NDSU. Chew on that one.....

Now, please say you are sorry to all the great UND fans who have realized the above facts and want to give NDSU their props. Even I did that after the UNI victory, but I did admit I wanted UND to lose so I won't lie.

THEsocalled(Bison)fan

My mom is a UND grad, and even she was there cheering on the THUNDERING HERD!

You are an idiot for posting this drivel and a disgrace to the majority of Bison fans who post on SIOUXSPORTS.com

Your mom's a UND grad?!? So, when did she tell you you were adopted?

The Bison played good and the goofers played like morons.

I actually cheered for the Bison and I can't stand moo u.

It was delightful to see the bison piss down their leg when it counted the most. Talk about panic...

Punt fumble

Missed FG from 20 yds

INT in red zone

Blocked FG to win

They had them and let 'em off the hook. The gofers were who they thought they were.

Couldn't agree more! If NDSU was the superior team, I didn't see it. UM- wow if that is what 1A football is, they better start recruiting women from their hockey team. Thought the game was a wash don't really know if anyone would be proud of a game like that. But a lose is a lose and a win is a win-

Does the NCC have room for the U of Minnesota? Maybe they could take UND's spot.

Probably not good enough try the DAC-10..just kidding....i tip my hat to NDSU and congratulate them on a fine performance however i feel that the victory over ball state was probably a bigger deal.

Why does it have to be that NDSU played so great? Isn't is possible that Minnesota just played that poorly? Why am I not allowed to have that opinion? Stop boosting NDSU's egos, they're already arrogant and obnoxious enough as it is.

Because they deserve the credit and if you can't see that you are blind and absolutely clueless about the sport of football.

Did you listen to the State of the University address or just read the article? If you listened to it, Kupchella said that funding is the only thing preventing us from acheiving the goals that he has set in place. He talked not only about additional funding from the state, but also private funding and building an endowment ($500M). His goal is for UND to be one of the top 100 doctoral universities in the country and then from there to become one of the top 50. That is a leader setting goals. If you want to actually hear the entire address and not mis-interpret a newspaper article go to the following link.

http://www.UND.edu/president/html/stateofu2006.html

If you need futher information of Kupchella's goals go to Strategic Plan II.

As far as what Chapman has done, I don't wish to revisit the whole Potts episode.

In regards to the NCAA issue, would you rather that he bent over and did just as the NCAA wants or have some backbone and stand up to their PC crap? If this were Chapman you would be saying "Go get 'em Joe", but since it's UND it's just a bunch of moaning. If you were to take a poll on this issue across America, you would find more people on UND's side than on the side of the NCAA.

Yea there were a couple of old goofballs yelling "sioux suck" after the cheers but they were kinda looked upon as drunken idiots, I had to fight the urge to yell over "move on with your life". I didn't notice any of the college age people acting like that.

In my experience, it was pretty much all 20-somethings doing the "Sioux suck" chants. I didn't hear any at the game, but I heard some tailgating and it was pretty much constant on the shuttle bus ride from the tailgating lot to the Dome. I wouldn't have been surprised if there had been anybody around with Sioux clothing on, but there wasn't (me included). I thought it was great, though. Nothing to "move on" from, since the rivalry will be renewed in 2009 anyway.

I saw some guys at the game that were brave enough to wear UND stuff. At first I don't think they knew who to chear for, but after a while they were standing up for NDSU's big plays. Thanks guys.

I did hear a Sioux suck chat once...they were promptly told to shut up by some other Bison fans. Some of the Gopher people in the area laughed. Great crowd, ND made some noise in the dome. This is the first Bison game I've been to since a UND game that there has been this much excitement from the fans. No matter what some people say, the UND game will be a welcome return.

Because they deserve the credit and if you can't see that you are blind and absolutely clueless about the sport of football.

They played the best game I have ever seen a Bison team play and still lost. The thing is the Gophers played the worst game I've seen a Gopher team play since 1983 vs. Nebraska, which is what kept the score close. So, if you think the Bison deserve credit for a close loss in the best game I've ever seen them play... that's your opinion. I just think it was stupid to schedule that game period. There's no way they were going to win that game even if they played great and the Gophers played poorly, which is exactly what ended up happening. Those guys think they're a lot bigger than they actually are, and don't need you or anybody else to make comments that will boost their already overinflated egos. You'd think they're USC or Notre Dame they way some people talk, and quite frankly I think it's sickening. We have a very good football team at UND, and I think it's about time our fans stop paying attention to that other program.

They played the best game I have ever seen a Bison team play and still lost. The thing is the Gophers played the worst game I've seen a Gopher team play since 1983 vs. Nebraska, which is what kept the score close. So, if you think the Bison deserve credit for a close loss in the best game I've ever seen them play... that's your opinion. I just think it was stupid to schedule that game period. There's no way they were going to win that game even if they played great and the Gophers played poorly, which is exactly what ended up happening. Those guys think they're a lot bigger than they actually are, and don't need you or anybody else to make comments that will boost their already overinflated egos. You'd think they're USC or Notre Dame they way some people talk, and quite frankly I think it's sickening. We have a very good football team at UND, and I think it's about time our fans stop paying attention to that other program.

Chad Hartman on the fan said today that usually with an upset bid like this one, you go away thinking the lower level team had their one and only chance to win the game and if they played ten more times, the higher level team would win them all. But in this case, he said he went away thinking if they played 10 more times, the Bison would win the majority of them. They are just the better team this year.