SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. Minnesota

jimdahl

Who do you want to win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which team (and are you not a Sioux fan)?

• Minnesota
    • NDSU
    • NDSU (but I am a Bison fan)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen any of this game (not on national t.v., not surprisingly) or followed it, but just peeked at the score and stats a couple minutes before the half.

Based on stats alone, looks like they're playing pretty even (Minn 128 yds off., NoDakSt 131), except NDSU has 2 turnovers to Minn's 0, and Minn has missed two FGs. You still have to think Minnesota is the favorite as it looks like NDSU is somewhat lucky to be up 6-3, but they're certainly not being dramatically outplayed so could realistically hold on unless Minnesota gets its act together.

I just can't get over how listless the Gophers look. They apear to have given up on their coach and the season. Unbelievable.

Listless?

They're just getting their butts kicked. Things could turn around in the second half, but, so far, this is total physical domination by the Bison!

This is kinda a boring game as it's so low scoring....
Q. What happens when the worst Big Ten team in years (sorry Northwestern) plays a top I-AA? A. Apparently nothing.

Definitely feels like anyone who gets a touchdown will have amassed an insurmountable lead. The teams are a combined 3/6 on FG attempts; NDSU is 0/3 in the red zone with 2 FGs; Minnesota has never been in the red zone.

Listless?

Yes, listless, in my opinion. That's taking nothing away from Bison because they're playing a great game. But Minnesota should be playing like a team possessed, and they look to be sleepwalking their way through this game.