SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. Minnesota

jimdahl

Who do you want to win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which team (and are you not a Sioux fan)?

• Minnesota
    • NDSU
    • NDSU (but I am a Bison fan)

I have to add a little to my impressions during game day by sharing this with all of you...

While out in front of the Metrodome listening to the U of M band and listening to the Bison Fans cheer their team, I struck up a conversation with a couple who were die-hard Gopher fans. The guy was suprised with all of the Bison fans and was impressed with their attitude and the quantity of folks who showed up...He and his wife shared with me that their son was a strength coach at the U of M and had been around to a couple of WCHA teams in the last 5 years including Grand Forks. At this point in the conversation, a red-headed bison fan starts yelling that the gophers suck and the Bison will win the game...The gopher fan I was talking to immediately turned around and gave the best response possible...

"Go Sioux!"

The bison fan looked at him as if he was from Mars...He had no response and walked away with another beer in his hand.

The above goes to show that the Bison fans are still bumpkins and that the sheer mention of the real ND team stuns them like cattle in a thunderstorm.

BOBIWABUCHIFAN

PS. Regardless of what anyone says, the bison did kick MN's ass - plain and simple - I saw it and believe it!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic