SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. Minnesota

jimdahl

Who do you want to win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which team (and are you not a Sioux fan)?

• Minnesota
    • NDSU
    • NDSU (but I am a Bison fan)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What homers on MSC/FSN. ???

Thats because ESPN+ had the rights (FSN showed it). If it was any other game, they probably would have had neutral announcers. But since it was a IA vs. IAA game (and only a few places showed it) we got the announcers that we did

old Dickie Homer did the game...he's worse than Ma-Puke-O that does the Goofer games

Just so you know. Any Bison fan who tries to say that they've moved past UND are full of !@$!. I went tailgating with all the Bison unwashed (without my Sioux gear on), rode the shuttle bus with them from the tailgate lot to the Metrodome, and...trust me...they still hate UND as much as ever. UND this, UND that. Sioux suck this, Sioux suck that. It was kind of flatering to know they still care. Awwe. ??? Can't wait for 2009...

And people actually wonder why I have such an intense hatred for everything NDSU... ???

As for the game itself, I'm disgusted. I've been a Mason supporter all along, but after this game I have done a complete 180. He needs to be sent packing immediately. This is the worst showing by a Gopher football team since losing to Nebraska 84-0 back in 1983. There is no excuse for a Big 10 team to play a I-AA (any I-AA) and not win by an absolute minimum of 14 points and preferrably more than 20. The Gophers have regressed way more than I thought they would and I doubt they'll win another game all year. Look for Ohio State to give them a severe beatdown next week.

First off, thanks to all the Sioux fans that rooted for NDSU, and have participated in friendly and sometimes heated rivalry over the years. Please ignore the rest of the post to DaveK

Dave, Dave, Dave :angry:

I think 84-0 was your prediction for the game, Minnesota over NDSU.

Minnesota lost to Nebraska 84-13. I feel sorry for you and your hatred.

Time to mellow out and enjoy life. Good Luck.

First off, after reading this thread I have a lot of respect for you Sioux fans for cheering on a fellow ND team even if they are your hated rivals. Thanks for the support!

You guys are a class act but I do have something to say about this....

If you want to get a pretty good idea of what to expect when the Bison play the Gophers, just go back one week to the Montana game vs. Iowa. The Bison are going to get absolutely destroyed, and I for one will enjoy every minute of it. They have no business being on the same field as anybody from the Big 10.

At times it looked like Minnesota didn't belong on the same field as NDSU. Yeah, they won but NDSU more then proved they belong on the same field as a Big Ten team.

So you're saying there really isn't that much difference between a di-aa team and a DI-A team?? :angry::ohmy:

Minnesota barely qualifies as a I-A team. I get so sick and tired of hearing Gopher fans brag about their football team being in the Big Ten. "We're Big Ten and you're not!" ??? Well, Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern are also in the Big Ten, but that doesn't make them good programs either. Either fire Mason and get a young, up and coming coach to build the program or move down to D-IAA. And no, I am not joking.

Just so you know. Any Bison fan who tries to say that they've moved past UND are full of !@$!. I went tailgating with all the Bison unwashed (without my Sioux gear on), rode the shuttle bus with them from the tailgate lot to the Metrodome, and...trust me...they still hate UND as much as ever. UND this, UND that. Sioux suck this, Sioux suck that. It was kind of flatering to know they still care. Awwe. ??? Can't wait for 2009...

Yea there were a couple of old goofballs yelling "sioux suck" after the cheers but they were kinda looked upon as drunken idiots, I had to fight the urge to yell over "move on with your life". I didn't notice any of the college age people acting like that.

A few Gopher fans decided to mock the NDSU supporters after the game and talked crap and said things like "enjoy your drive home". Classy fans there. But many seemed to admire the passion we had for our team and the fact we gave the players a standing ovation even though they didn't win. There are some great write ups in the Minneapolis papers, if you have time.

I recorded the game and will likely go back and watch it. I am a UND guy, but I really wanted NDSU to kick the Gophers butts up and down the field. NDSU pretty much did that for the most part. Moved the ball offensively very consistantly and held MN rushing game in check. NDSU should have won the game, but a couple key mistakes and not being able to punch the ball in at least once when they were down inside the 20. I was kind of hoping to see a FG fake at some point, especially with how low the ball was coming off the kickers foot. I was pretty much waiting for a kick to get blocked because the ball was getting over the LOS so low, it stinks that it happeded on the game winning attempt though.

Congrats to the NDSU and it's fans on a hard fought game, I was really impressed with the Bison football team. I thought your LB's were very good and the team was extremely well coached on both sides of the ball. I like the offense, it's the first time I have seen NDSU play in quite a while so it was a new look for me. Steffes is and great RB, but the player I was most impressed with during the game was Kole Heckendorf. I thought he was great except I wish he would have tried for more yardage instead of stepping out of bounds a few times.

The best thing for the NDSU teams is that they are very good, but also pretty dang young. The Bison will have a lot of returning starters next season off a very good football team.

And people actually wonder why I have such an intense hatred for everything NDSU... ???

As for the game itself, I'm disgusted. I've been a Mason supporter all along, but after this game I have done a complete 180. He needs to be sent packing immediately. This is the worst showing by a Gopher football team since losing to Nebraska 84-0 back in 1983. There is no excuse for a Big 10 team to play a I-AA (any I-AA) and not win by an absolute minimum of 14 points and preferrably more than 20. The Gophers have regressed way more than I thought they would and I doubt they'll win another game all year. Look for Ohio State to give them a severe beatdown next week.

Thank you!

Now you know what I'm talking about!

10-9 and the only reason why Minnesota won was because they got lucky on the NDSU FG attempt.

THey should feel proud, sarcastically speaking (for Minnesota's sake).

As for NDSU, I have every confidence that if they played Minnesota again this year, NDSU would win.

GOod work NDSU. Way to stick it to 'em

Either fire Mason and get a young, up and coming coach to build the program or move down to D-IAA. And no, I am not joking.

I have a feeling that young, up and coming coach may be coach Bohl of NDSU. It would not surprise to see him there next season. Take over a Big-10 team, raise his earning by about $1.9 million. What else would he want?

I went to the game and witnessed the following.....

- The front of the Metrodome was packed with green and gold...The gopher fans were definitely shocked by the quantity and attitude of the Fargo folks (Note that I use Fargo at this point in the day because I wanted to see the Gophers smack them around and because it is the Bison).

- I'm standing in front of a group of students as the MN band is playing and gopher fans were pretty lame. The bison fans were having fun and whooping and hollering. Had about 30 strange looks from Bison fans with my UND hat on and at least 5 Sioux Suck cheers.

- Get into the stadium and it has 62k fans packed in and it was loud. I could barely hear the M I N N E S... cheer, but I could hear plainly "Lets Go Bison!".

- At the start of the game, it was evident that the Bison came to play and to win. They literally kicked the Gophers ASS up and down the gridiron. At the half, the crowd was quiet as the MN band started to play their superman intro with no one holding their hands up like superman. We leave the seats and the Bison fans are starting to chant lets go bison in the halls and the gopher fans walk by staring at the floor.

- I actually start to cheer for the Bison offense as they are making plays. Some may say I actually stood up and cheered for them as well. At this point, MN has no idea what the hell they are doing and are totally surprised by this team from ND that has come to beat them - the gaul!

- I end up calling my brother in law who happens to be an NDSU grad and tell him that the Bison are going to win (Notice that I have changed my position entirely). Unbelieveable as it is, the Gophers actually put together a drive and score a touchdown. They now have the lead and this is where I'm totally jumping onto the BISON bandwagon and cheering the fargo boys on to victory.

- The collective butt cheeks of the MN fans are clinched as the Bison drive all the way down to their 20 yd line and the Bison run a couple of plays to milk the clock to :01 seconds. It was amazing how thick the drama was in the dome.

- Once the kick was blocked, I was actually pissed off for the Bison and let a couple of gopher fans know it as well. As I am walking out of the building, 4 bison a-holes behind me start talking smack about how good the team was and even though they lost they are still better than the Sioux. ??? After the Sioux Suck cheer starts, I turn around and tell them that I supported their frickin' team today and how the hell does the Sioux have anything to do with your game today??? Lastly, as they stood there with a dumb look on their face, I reminded them the last time we played the gophers we at least won the fricking game! (For DaveK's behalf!) :angry:

So it seems, I'm back to being a Bison and Gopher hater and got that out my system in one day - oh the humanity!

BOBIWABUCHIFAN

On behalf of the 15,000 or so other Bison fans at the game, we did appreciate those people wearing the Sioux clothing and cheering for the Bison. I can't account for everyone though, for some people the rivalry is/was more important than the actual games, and it shouldn't be like that.

Yea there were a couple of old goofballs yelling "sioux suck" after the cheers but they were kinda looked upon as drunken idiots, I had to fight the urge to yell over "move on with your life".

Why fight it?? Because after all is said and done, a rivalry is still a rivalry?? I don't HATE the Bison but I LOVE our rivalry and I can't wait until we meet on the field once again!!!

[

So it seems, I'm back to being a Bison and Gopher hater and got that out my system in one day - oh the humanity!

BOBIWABUCHIFAN

What a great post. I had some friends go to the game wearing Sioux gear and they said the same. The Bison fans made it hard for them to cheer for the guys in green and gold, but they still did. I am thinking if the Sioux were playing the Gophers in the dome, Bison fans probably would have been cheering for UMN-TC, but who knows.

Gothmog- I think you are missing the point. Just because people picked MN to win doesn't mean they were cheering for the gophers. The poll asked who we thought would win, and most picked MN (and were right). That doesn't mean we weren't cheering on the Bison for one day in our lives. I actually predicted a Bison win over on bisonville, but I knew it was more likely that MN would win. I cheered for the Bison all day. So before you start thinking we are all jumping on some bandwagon, know that that was a one time occurrence of sioux fans cheering on the bison.

Oh well, when things are going well everybody want's to get on board. Thank you for your GRACIOUS support. :angry:

Not friggin' likely. The posts I read said Sioux fans were cheering on a NORTH DAKOTA team playing against one of our arch rivals. Sioux fans wanted the NORTH DAKOTA team to win. It could have been Wahpeton playing the Goofs and Sioux fans would have been cheering them on. Now on the other hand, had you played against Holy Cross, well, North Dakota team be da%^'d, I would have been cheering for the Crusaders!! ??? I don't see any Sioux fans boarding any Bison wagon now or anytime soon!!

C'mon now, lets play ball!!!!

NDSU didn't prove anything, Minnesota proved that they no longer belong in the Big 10. They really should be ashamed of themselves. The Gophers would have been beaten by a lot of top D2 teams they way they played yesterday. I figured they would be slightly down this year, but never in my worst nightmares did I think they would fall so far so fast. Pathetic!!! ???

Yes, we have our share of fans that are assholes.......both sides do and it is too bad..... ???

True, but a D2 F****ts cheer? Really? I can handle hostile and abusive cheers like "Sioux suck" because it only makes those cheering it look hostile and abusive. But d2 Fa****s cheer... Wow.

And NO, NDSU is NOT alone in classless cheers. UW took part in a "Sue's a Whore" chant during the hockey series.

In a more perfect world, I would hope that fans from both fanbases would frown upon those types of cheers.

I was cheering for NDSU yesterday, I would have loved to see them beat UM. However, the postings with respect to Bison fans is more proof that I have met few Bison fans who weren't complete A-holes when it came to sports. Perhaps losing to the Gophers just reminded how often the Sioux used to beat them back in the day. D1, D2, who cares. Where's the Nickel???

SU fan. Enjoy your moral victory and dream about how you could have given Ohio State a run for their money while you are watching playoff football this fall.