SiouxSports.com Forum

2006/2007 Women's Basketball

4siouxnow

If WDAZ decides to do the first game, they will probably get just as many angry calls because that means "Lost" would be bumped and re-aired at some other time.

Anyone know how many the charter bus had sign up?

I would be one of those angry callers. I'm still looking for the bumped episode of "The Office" that Class A slow (girls') basketball bumped.

Sorry, but I'm a "Lostie." You can always tape-delay the game.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be one of those angry callers. I'm still looking for the bumped episode of "The Office" that Class A slow (girls') basketball bumped.

Before you guys get your Panties all bunched up....

If WDAZ picks it up it will be on the FSSN #23 Cable

dont you think you can tape the episode of lost when it is being aired? as it isnt a live event, that would seem to make more sense.

It looks to me that our 1st game match up may be alot like our last 2 regional games, FGCU has no big's and must play very tight defense. Let's hope that our big can guard the perimeter and stay out of foul trouble again. If we can defend the arc and rebound we should be in good shape as they can not match our inside game.

Anyone notice they have a girl from the region on the team doesn't look as if she contributes a whole lot.

"If you want a high-octane clash, check out the top-ranked, unbeaten Florida Gulf Coast's (32-0) game against No. 3 North Dakota (32-3). The Eagles won the South Region crown by shrugging off defensively-sturdy Valdosta State and Delta State while North Central Region winner UND (three NCAA championships in the late 1990's) won a trio of games by 80 combined points. Both schools are on the way to Division I, adding a sense of urgency to the match. "

"In its final year as a Division II institution, Florida Gulf Coast University has their sights set high. Karl Smesko's Eagles have yet to taste defeat and a hard-fought regional crown should embolden them upon entry to Kearney. Tourney MVP Katie Schrader led FCGU to a 57-44 victory over No. 4 Delta State in the final, a sweet bit of revenge as it was the Lady Statesmen who eliminated the Eagles in last year's South Regional tournament. A similarly difficult win in this term's semifinal round over Valdosta State (50-41), like DSU a Gulf South Conference team, steeled the Eagles for the battle with Delta State. These games were manna from heaven for the winners, who had minimal experience in close games this season and will certainly benefit down the line from them. In fact, other than wins over Valdosta State (51-48) and Barry (63-55), the independent Eagles had not a single regular season game decided by less than 12 points. Schrader (17.2 ppg) and Steffi Sorensen (14.7 ppg) lead a potent attack for FCGU, who also know how to score (81 ppg) and rebound (+8 rpg) as well as forcing 29 turnovers a game. Expect a heavyweight scrap between"

It looks to me that our 1st game match up may be alot like our last 2 regional games, FGCU has no big's and must play very tight defense. Let's hope that our big can guard the perimeter and stay out of foul trouble again. If we can defend the arc and rebound we should be in good shape as they can not match our inside game.

Anyone notice they have a girl from the region on the team doesn't look as if she contributes a whole lot.

I agree that Gulf Coast does sound similar to Regis and Kearney. It's interesting that FGCU's shooting percentage was quite poor in the their last two games--presumably against the two best teams they've played--but they still managed to win in low-scoring games. However, notwithstanding their undefeated record, I highly doubt they'll be the most talented team UND has seen this year. If the Sioux take care of the ball, and shoot a decent percentage, I look for a UND win.

Is anybody making the trip to Kearney? I'm planning on being there.

i'm debating it right now... but a couple things need to fall into place first.

If anyone does make the trip down, pm me. I have to work this weekend, but I go to UNK and always enjoy meeting Sioux fans (even though I admit I'm much more of a hockey fan than a bball fan)

Does anybody know if Wed. game will be broadcast on the fightingsioux web page? Some of us from far away would like to listen or watch beings we are unable to attend.

As for Thurs. and Sat. we can get those through our programming.

From FSSN:

The game will also be available on the World Wide Web at www.ncaasports.com/DII.