SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2006-07 Updates

jk

I would too, the year before Kangas had a .930 save percentage. I was noting a slight dip in play.

Indy is only 3 points out of 2nd place. Kangas averages nearly 40 shots per game. Indy leads the league in penalty minutes. Not quite like Sioux falls team he played for last year.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big time recruit. Thinking of shut down goalies I read the stats for Alex Kangas this season with INDY. Wow has that kid stumbled a bit this year. 3.04 GAA save percentage of .911 that is almost an increase of 1 from last year and a significantly lower Save percentage. Yikes :lol: Looks like the Gophers are going to be relying on Frazee :lol:

First off he isn't on a very good team, Kangas has the 3rd highest save % in the USHL.

On the new guy, I haven't played against him but a few guys I played with are from alberta have seen him play and they said he is pretty solid.

I guess they consider Trupp to be chopped liver? Personally, I can't wait to see Hextall's grit added to the team, an intangible that never gets due consideration in these so called knowledgable rankings. I also think that Notre Dame's group, combined with what they already have, are going to put on a show next season.

Trupp doesn't mean anything to RedLine. They are an NHL draft ranking service, so they really only make note of players who look to have NHL futures.

Then why have they included some of Boston College's incoming mighty-mites that will not be as good as Trupp and will likely never see a shift of Pro hockey. Take a look.

I should have qualified it to say that "generally" they focus on the NHL perspective. You're right that they did talk about BC's smurfs, which is a theme for them. I also expect Trupp to have more of an impact than Malone next year.

I should have qualified it to say that "generally" they focus on the NHL perspective. You're right that they did talk about BC's smurfs, which is a theme for them. I also expect Trupp to have more of an impact than Malone next year.

BCs class is way over-hyped I think DUs class will be better than BCs.

Yawn boring. They must have nothing else to write about if they are writing about this. I see we are back to winning championships on paper. I bet UND finishes high than 7th over all with that class. I can't wait till we play the Trupp card.

This is all too preliminary IMO. An addition like Nash or Gregoire could easily move us up a few spots especially in front of BC or Notre Dame. I also don't agree with their assesment on Fairchild and Hoefel who despite not having the best season I think are very solid players. Westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com re-ranked the classes and put Michigan first and I would agree with their assesment a little more.

• 3 weeks later...
It appears(by stats only) that Bruneteau and Malone have cooled off points wise for Omaha and Sioux Falls. We need people who can dent the twine right from the get go.

Cooled off??? When where they ever scoring this year. In fairness, I think this speaks more to the team around them (I hope).

Cooled off??? When where they ever scoring this year. In fairness, I think this speaks more to the team around them (I hope).

I was looking at the stats too and noticed that Brunteau and Malone are not scoring at all really. I just hope they pick it up.

Since we need scoring this year as well. Lapoints and Hextall seem to be the ones that are scoring on a regular basis.