SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2006-07 Updates

jk

I left LaPoint a message yesterday and jokingly asked him why he didn't have any points on friday. (For those of you following, LaPoint had registered at least a point in his first 7 games, 11 points total) He replied that if you look at the box score no one had any assists that night and the ref's told him that they dont take care of it anymore that the people in the scorebooth do. So in all actuality he had 2 assists and said it should be on pointstreak soon.

With that in mind he now has 14 points in his first 9 games and has registered a point in every game he's played in the USHL.

Edit: This is from the Badger board that someone posted about watching the Gamblers the last few weekends.

one guy i was impressed with was north dakota recruit derek lapoint...wow...is he going to be good and in fact he could step right into any d-1 line up right now i think...so much so that this past saturday night i won a silent auction of his game worn jersey...as the gamblers were wearing throw back uniforms to their days as the green bay bobcats...

I guess I haven't been following the lineups that closely this season. Do you think that he would crack the lineup every night in Grand Forks? When Smaby left I think it was all but assumed that he would be coming to North Dakota this 2006 season. Most were a bit surprised when North Dakota asked him to play in the USHL this year. I guess he's proving people wrong, yet again.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I haven't been following the lineups that closely this season. Do you think that he would crack the lineup every night in Grand Forks? When Smaby left I think it was all but assumed that he would be coming to North Dakota this 2006 season. Most were a bit surprised when North Dakota asked him to play in the USHL this year. I guess he's proving people wrong, yet again.

The only Sioux frosh listed at D is Genoway, and he's played forward most of the time so far this year.

Genoway spent a year in the BCHL after graduating from SSM.

Although several Sioux D are sophs and still young, it would have been tough to crack the lineup this year. As well as he is doing in the USHL, however, LaPoint may have made it into the lineup, at least for some of the games. His year in the USHL next year will only make him better when he starts school next year.

The US U17 team team is playing an international tournament in Ann Arbor. They beat Slovakia 3-2 in the first game, and lost to Russia 4-2 in the second. Michael Cichy scored one goal in each game, and Danny Kristo is scoreless so far.

Yeah, looking at college hockey stats.com it seems like they have used the same defensemen for every game for like the last 4 or 5 weekends. Lee, Chorney, Finley, and Jones seem like locks every night. Would be tough to beat out Bina and I dont know much about Radke.

Radke has been playing some of the best defensive hockey he's ever played as a member of the Sioux. His offensive numbers are low, but he's doing just about everything except for scoring goals.

Right now, I'm happy Genoway has the flexibility to play forward because I can't think of a single defenseman I'd replace.

Yeah, I know that there are many who'd say Finley, but I still think he's good. So there. :lol:

Ouch, this one hurts. Danny Kristo scored the first two goals of the game as the US built a 4-0 lead halfway through the game. Russia scored the next two goals in the second period, and the only two of the third period, including a shorty with three minutes left, to tie it 4-4. Russia won it in OT 5-4.

Radke has been playing some of the best defensive hockey he's ever played as a member of the Sioux. His offensive numbers are low, but he's doing just about everything except for scoring goals.

Right now, I'm happy Genoway has the flexibility to play forward because I can't think of a single defenseman I'd replace.

Yeah, I know that there are many who'd say Finley, but I still think he's good. So there. :D

I'd be one of them. I prefere defensmen to be a little stronger at transitioning.

Malone and LaPoint each with a goal last night. Bruneteau and Marto scoreless.

In the BCHL, Evan Trupp played his first game and assisted on Hextall's third period goal. Hextall added the game-ending OT goal later for his second of the night.

Malone and LaPoint each with a goal last night. Bruneteau and Marto scoreless.

In the BCHL, Evan Trupp played his first game and assisted on Hextall's third period goal. Hextall added the game-ending OT goal later for his second of the night.

LaPoint is a Monster!

A little statistical updating:

Evan Trupp LC Penticton Panthers BCHL 6g 4-2-6 6PIMs

Brett Hextall RC Penticton Panthers BCHL 29g 10-13-23 108PIMs

Ben Blood D Shattuck Midget AAA 21g 7-7-14 72PIMs

Brett Bruneteau LC Omaha Lancers USHL 15g 5-8-13 +2 17PIMs

Jake Marto LD Omaha Lancers USHL 18g 2-3-5 -6 12PIMs

Brad Malone RW Sioux Falls Stampede USHL 17g 4-6-10 +4 55PIMs

Derrick LaPointe LD Green Bay Gamblers USHL Leads his

team in scoring! 16g 8-14-22 +4 20PIMs

Shea Hamilton LC Practice Practice Practice!

Michael Cichy LC US National U-17 Team 20g 3-4-7 23PIMs

Danny Kristo RW US National U-17 Team Leads his team in scoring! 19g 9-6-15 10PIMs

Marto is playing as much as humanly possible (because most of the defensemen are hurt)

If he doesn't add anything else (which I'm sure he will) it will be this. He singlehandedly seemed to carry the 04-05 Central team. I don't know the stats but I'm sure he averaged over 30 minutes a game.