• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Blood D Shattuck Midget AAA 21g 7-7-14 72PIMs

Brett Hextall RC Penticton Panthers BCHL 29g 10-13-23 108PIMs

Brad Malone RW Sioux Falls Stampede USHL 17g 4-6-10 +4 55PIMs

Seems these "B"s are of the Killer variety. :huh:

On a tangent, does anyone find it ironic that you'd find players 6'3" and taller in a league called "Midget?" :glare:

I learned some interesting things on BCHL website. Here are the players that have come from UND from the BCHL (This is missing some of the more recent ones). I didn't realize how extensive the Penticton was (add Trupp and Hextall). Also if you look at the last 2 players from Penticton, I think you get a feel for what Hextall will be like. Also Trupp is up to 6 goals in just 8 games. That is a hell of a start!

Murray Baron (Vernon) left for NHL after 3rd year

Tom Benson (Summerland) BS Business, Masters Education (1992)

Brad Bombardir (Powell River) Grad 95 (Education)

Jamie Burt (Powell River) left after 2 years for the WHL

Corey Cadden (New West) left after 2 years for Pro's

Paul Chadwick (Merritt) BA (1981)

Lee Davidson (Penticton) BS Public Relations (1990)

Chris Dickson (Delta) BA Business Management (1991)

Cary Eades (Penticton) BS (1982), Masters Education (1986)

Neil Eisenhut (Langley) BA Business Management (1991)

Glen Foster (Merritt) BA (1983)

Dane Jackson (Vernon) BA Management (1992)

Chris Jensen (Kelowna) BS Business Administration (1986)

Darren Jensen (Penticton) BS Recreation (1982)

Ian Kidd (Penticton) left after 2 years for Pro's

Scott Kirton (Powell River) Grad 96 (Physical Education)

Kevin Maxwell (Penticton) left after 1 year for Olympics

Randy Maxwell (Penticton) left middle of 2nd yr. for the WHL

Jeff McLean (New West) BA Management (1992)

Brad Pascall (Richmond) BA Public Relations (1992)

Bill Stankoven (Kelowna) BS - Dental Degree (1979)

Mark Taylor (Langley) BA (1980)

Howard Walker (Penticton) BS (1984)

Gregg Wilson (Penticton) left after 1 year

Mike McCormick (Richmond) left after 2 years for Pro's

Todd Jones (New Westminster) Grad 95 (Physical Education)

Ian Kallay (Langley) left after 2 yrs. for Pro (now completing his degree)

Travis Roche (Trail) Grad 02

Aaron Schneekloth (South Surrey) Grad 02

Pat Kenny (Quesnel) Grad 02

Ryan Bayda (Vernon) Senior

Rory McMahon (Penticton) Sophomore

Mike Prpich (Penticton) Freshman

Also Derrick LaPoint is tied for 8th in USHL scoring. He is with a ton of Forwards. Brett Bruneteau is tied for 33rd and Brad Malone is tied for 57th. All 3 are plaing for Mediocre teams.

Also Derrick LaPoint is tied for 8th in USHL scoring. He is with a ton of Forwards. Brett Bruneteau is tied for 33rd and Brad Malone is tied for 57th. All 3 are plaing for Mediocre teams.

I can't wait to see LaPoint in a Sioux uniform next season. The kid sounds like a stud player.

Maybe he is the next Roche that we have all been waiting for.

Maybe Grieco and Eidsness will be a JPar/Lammy-type duo. Be a rotation for awhile until one of them emerges as the starter.

More of JPar I assume or at least I am crossing my fingers. I hoping too.

Apparently some are reporting our new goalie as coming in next season.

Read at the bottom of the article.

Alberta goalie Brad Eidsness has committed to North Dakota. He'll likely take over for Phillippe Lamoureux next season.

Is this the type of goalie recruit that many on this board have been"clamoring" for?

A big time recruit. Thinking of shut down goalies I read the stats for Alex Kangas this season with INDY. Wow has that kid stumbled a bit this year. 3.04 GAA save percentage of .911 that is almost an increase of 1 from last year and a significantly lower Save percentage. Yikes :lol: Looks like the Gophers are going to be relying on Frazee :lol:

Is this the type of goalie recruit that many on this board have been"clamoring" for?

No, I think people would like to see a goalie who led his team to the USHL title and was named the USHL's top goalie.

Oh wait, that was Lamoureux. He had as good a junior hockey resume as you could ask for, and he still may be a good college goalie.

That said, it's nice to see a promising goalie lined up for the future.

I don't think .911 is anything to sneeze at.

Western College Hockey probably doesn't have it right. Eidsness isn't coming until 2008, so Lammy will have graduated by then. It shouldn't be an insurance policy, because you usually have a couple of goalies on scholarship. Grieco will be a junior, and Eidsness a freshman at that time.

Regarding the Western College Blog, don't read too much into that. Eidsness is a 2008 recruit and I think Chris erred in confusing Jordan Parise with Phil Lamoreux in terms of year in school. JPar would have been a senior this year, not Phil. So, in any case, both Grieco and Eidsness are listed as "B" list prospects on the preliminary CSS list.

I don't know what worth that has, being on the list and all, but it is worthy of note.

I hope Eidsness is a better choice than Rawlings (BCHL) and Christianson (USHL). Eidsness DOES fit the size category for Sioux goaltenders though. :lol:

Regarding the Western College Blog, don't read too much into that. Eidsness is a 2008 recruit and I think Chris erred in confusing Jordan Parise with Phil Lamoreux in terms of year in school. JPar would have been a senior this year, not Phil. So, in any case, both Grieco and Eidsness are listed as "B" list prospects on the preliminary CSS list.

I don't know what worth that has, being on the list and all, but it is worthy of note.

I hope Eidsness is a better choice than Rawlings (BCHL) and Christianson (USHL). Eidsness DOES fit the size category for Sioux goaltenders though. :lol:

I am sure that Chris must have errored.

While saves percentage is obviously percentage of saved shots, I do wonder if that is at all affected by how the team is playing in front of a goaltender. While it may be true that a goalie who faces 20 shots a game with a .95 save percentage might be expected to only give up 2 goals on 40, I wonder if a porous D allows the other team inordinately good scoring chances will make the goalie's save % look worse than it really is. If that is true, we need to be careful reading too much into Kangas' drop in % from last year to this year. And frankly .911 is still pretty good.

I hope Eidsness is a better choice than Rawlings (BCHL) and Christianson (USHL).

Isn't that the recruiting game? Hopefully the kid you decide to offer a scholarship to is better than the kids that you don't. Probably something each and every coach in every sport hopes.

Is there something you can add about the two that you mentioned that would make them a better choice? Stats? Scouting report? Or is it just your own speculation? I guess I put my trust in what the Sioux coaches do as far as recruiting goes. CSB rankings, while they may be somewhat relevant, don't have any measure in the success a player will have at the college level. They are basically a prediction of whether or not a kid is going to become a professional player. A number of factors when that player is from the age of 17 and up make that final determination.