SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs TIGERS (ROUND 2)

Tommiejo

I would like to say this upcomming series between the "FIGHTIN SIOUX vs TIGERS" is round 2 of this heavyweight bout. In other words "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE, ROUND 2." I would like to say is as follows if we get a sweep for which what I am hoping for that would be great, if we split that would be fine also. The last time the entire series was a complete draw. I would like to know what the pannel of experts thinks of this upcomming series & is it going to be on direct tv? So experts what do you think of this upcomming series?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it going to be on direct tv?

According to the TV broadcast of the first CC series, the series in Colorado will only be on WDAZ in GF and Devil's Lake.

AND it will be shown on WDAZ.com.

How about that? Sprig, you can finally get by without cable!

I would like to say this upcomming series between the "FIGHTIN SIOUX vs TIGERS" is round 2 of this heavyweight bout. In other words "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE, ROUND 2." I would like to say is as follows if we get a sweep for which what I am hoping for that would be great, if we split that would be fine also. The last time the entire series was a complete draw. I would like to know what the pannel of experts thinks of this upcomming series & is it going to be on direct tv? So experts what do you think of this upcomming series?

It's time to push Tommiejo's thread back to the top.

This is the series that could determine the WCHA champion and it should be a barn-burner.

This time around, CC will be at home on the big ice and have the final line change. The Tigers will have forward Brett Sterling and defenseman Mark Stuart back.

The biggest difference for North Dakota will be having Matt Jones and Matt Greene back in the lineup, although Greene will have to play very disciplined to keep the CC power play off the ice. In Grand Forks, the Tigers scored some easy goals off rebounds that might have been cleared had the two Matts playing.

Having Parise back will be a definite plus for the Sioux, especially if he continues to play like he did against Minnesota and Alaska. His presence should be a bonus on the power play.

Offensively, both teams are very talented and I don't see either team with a definite advantage in scoring. Defensively, I see the Sioux being in stronger in front of their own net and CC having more scoring punch.

It might all come down to goaltending, which, for a change, isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Sioux. In conference statistics, it's nearly a dead heat between Jake Brandt and CC's Curtis McElhinney, with each player ranked second or third in almost every category.

In the first game against CC at The Ralph, Brandt looked a bit shakey in the early going. But then, he hadn't played for so long, it was tough to fault him. After he settled down, I thought he played well. He continued to play well at Minnesota and UAA. Ranfranz has proven to be a capable backup. This position might be the strongest it's been this season for the Sioux.

I'll take the safe route and predict a split.

I think anything less than 2 pts from this series should be considered a solid disappointment IMO. Not to take anything away from CC, who seems to be hitting on all cylinders right now, but this is the time of the season when good teams take it to the next level in preparation for the post-season. We have everybody back, the team seems to have strong chemistry and, with the exception of Canady, no major injuries right now. We've had two series on big ice recently, as well as time to practice on the larger sheet, so we should have already adjusted and made that a non-factor. If we play a smart *no stupid penalties*, disciplined series and take the game to the Tigers early and often, we should bring back some points. This is a very important series, not just in the standings, but it's important to take points from a good team on their ice.

This past weekend I was at my fathers house and I watched the Badgers and C.C. both nights on FSN Wisconsin. Wow, have the Badgers fallen this year, I have never seen a badger team that pathetic. So I see no reason why we can't sweep them the last weekend of the season. Wisconsin sucks so it will be hard to guage how UND will match up this weekend against the C.C. tigers.

I think the Tigers and Sioux will split this weekend. Man for Man I think it is pretty even. UND defense is stiffling, and C.C. isn't bad, Parise and Sejna are even in my book (Zack is 18 Peter is 23)...

UND is going to have to stay out fo the box and check the top line of C.C., I just hope Greene can keep his P.P. minutes down.

C.C. used both their goalies this weekend. Mcelheny (sp) got the shut out on Saturday night...

OK. I've been getting the Sioux games on Mid-Continent cable. I see in this thread that the games are on WDAZ.

I need to know if the games are on Mid-continent or on WDAY or any other options rather than WDAZ.

If they are only on WDAZ I'll be taking a trip to the Buxton bar since that's the closest place that handles WDAZ.

So let me know about both games.

Thanks.

OK. I've been getting the Sioux games on Mid-Continent cable. I see in this thread that the games are on WDAZ.

I need to know if the games are on Mid-continent or on WDAY or any other options rather than WDAZ.

If they are only on WDAZ I'll be taking a trip to the Buxton bar since that's the closest place that handles WDAZ.

So let me know about both games.

Thanks.

It was advertised in the GF Herald and on a GF radio station last week that both CC games would now be broadcast throughout the Midcontinent network and would also be shown in Fargo on Channel 24.

However, for those of us in Fargo I would hate to be sitting on my couch waiting for the game to start and then they don't show it, when all I would've had to do to see the game(s) is drive to someplace in the WDAZ viewing area, so can anyone confirm the above-listed information?

CB was on with Tim and Swyg this morning .... only caught bits and pieces ..... There was a discussion on the Myron Allen (UND basketball) situation. It would have been good for the program and Myron had the NCAA ruled differently, however, they didn't so now the hope is that Myron stays in school. This led into the topic of the value of the education/degree that all the student-players receive at UND. Sooner or later the majority of players have to "give up the dream" and use their education to earn a living. CB talked about a couple of his guys who, after college, tried the professional ranks (sort of got it all out of their system) and now are in white collar jobs, making a living, and having no regrets. CB stated that that's why the students are here ... get a degree and have success on the playing field(s).

General talk on the CC series.

Swyg stated that this past weekend while in SD there were a lot of tv promos for UND hockey. This led to talk about SD kids and the youth hockey movement in SD. They have expanded quite a bit, and their traveling teams are coming along. Talk about the growth of "western" hockey (Bismarck players: Mike Peluso, Mitch Vig and James Masson to name a few).

Talk about Brian Canady. These first two years for Brian have really been tough (injury bug)... but he is a worker. He's a character and he has character, they really need him at 100% 'cause he gives his all. He'll come around, it's just how long until he is healthy.

I was informed by a WDAZ employee that the games would be on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network (across ND, SD, and NW Minnesota).

Still, I'd like to see confirmation on either WDAZ.com, Midcocomm.com, or FightingSioux.com.

UPDATE:

Someone from UND Athletics just confirmed this to me. (Thanks, Dan.) Here's the confirmation I was looking for.

The last time I heard that Mid-Continent was going to pick up a game was the Friday game against the rodents.  Guess what?  They didn't!

I hope this time they follow through.

DG

DG- We got the Minnesota game in Fargo (ch24). Where are you at? I have a dish so I was hoping that WDAY (Fargo) will pick up the games. They did last year. If not I'll have to go over to my parents house to watch on cable. :0

In Grand Forks the games will be on Channel 8 (WDAZ) and Channel 23 (FSN - Fighting Sioux Network).

The games will also be telecast on all Midcontinent Cable systems in North Dakota and Minnesota that are a part of the Fighting Sioux sports network.

Also, for all Sioux fans that do not live in Grand Forks or are not a part of FSN you can view both games on the internet at www.wdaz.com

Hey Fightonsioux thanks for the website to WDAZ I just might do that over the weekend. Second Hey PCM & GOON if you two gentlemen like I can get you a couple of Tampa Bay Buccaneers Super Bowl Championship hats. Let me know something.

I don't know Gater, Puter and orange are not my colors...

I think it would clash with my vikings colors. Actually this season I threw my Vikings hat away because it was bad luck. I don't want to jinx the Bucs.