SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs TIGERS (ROUND 2)

Tommiejo

With two good teams that will both want badly to win, these games could come down to bounces. All the team can do is play as hard and smart as they can and hope they get a fair share of the breaks.

With evenly matched teams, home ice may be enough to swing a series, and of course this edge would go to CC. Another swing factor could be coaching, and this edge arguably would go to UND.

I guess the real winners are college hockey fans.

I haven't heard if Fylling is back on the Parise line, but I have a few thoughts about it. First, I love it when he's up there for what it does for the other lines. It allows Notermann to move down (over?) to the Lundbohm Massen line, which allows Spiewak to move down (over?) to the McMahon Hale line. It makes those other two lines that much stronger and gives the Sioux three very good lines.

My concern about moving Fylling up there is that was the configuration that got smoked by SCSU's senior line earlier this year. I'm not suggesting that it was Fylling's fault, but a line of two sophomores and a freshman is at risk of being used by an experienced top line (like Senja/Clarke). Having Notermann up there adds an element of stability and defensive responsibility that is otherwise lacking. I guess that's Blais's call, and even he is likely to change his mind during the game.

Lastly, a line of Genoway/Connelly/Prpich (if that's what the fourth line is this weekend) may not seem too imposing now, but I have a feeling that in a few years we will look back in amazement that this team was so deep that it had players that good on the fourth line. (Might be wearing green-tinted glasses, there, too; I guess we'll see.)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lastly, a line of Genoway/Connelly/Prpich (if that's what the fourth line is this weekend) may not seem too imposing now, but I have a feeling that in a few years we will look back in amazement that this team was so deep that it had players that good on the fourth line. (Might be wearing green-tinted glasses, there, too; I guess we'll see.)

Yeah. and is it me or is this camera work the worst you have ever seen? You may say that i should feel lucky that we get to see it, but i think i would have a better idea of what is going on from the play by play on the radio.

The video feed is all from the Tigers people, WDAZ just goes out there and does the commentary. :) Yeah, I think they could just take everything from CC and have people listen to the radio.