SiouxSports.com Forum

Retaliation? or cheap shot?

southpaw

Any guy who wears a pink tie to a nationally televised national championship game is probably short all over. :D

Plus, don't forget the femmy gardening gloves he wears to hockey practice. :D

that's for growing his Paukovich's...I mean pansies...

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was no spear! - Prp brought the stick blade up under his legs and Punks legs buckled :D Kind of a "how 'ya doin?" Cheap shot maybe but considering the "victim" - I have no sympathy. Punky never has been properly repayed for what he did to Bina and I'm not calling for an eye for an eye here but if a little shot to his nuts reminds him UND players remember...it can't hurt! (figuratively speaking :D )

My kid played defense his entire hockey career (he's still playing at 23). He had a couple of moves he used when some one planted himself in front of the net, 1) he'd hit the guy behind his knees and 2) would keep tapping him between his legs with his hockey stick. Both moves were taught over and over again to the defensemen in every hockey camp he went too (about two new cars worth of camps).

First- Paukabith hit on Bina is long and done with, ask Robbie himself. Time to move on. It gets real old listening to everyone claim such anger and bitterness toward this player, it was a mistake and he paid for it last season. Drop it!!! Prpich's stick was incidental and like few have stated earlier, it happens several times a game, nothing to get all excited and wave your pink tie in the air about. Thought DU looked out of charcter, maybe a sign of the changing of the gaurd for the former championship team and coach. Good win, time to worry about getting in the NC$$ not about last years antics.

I agree 100 percent.

I hope my previous post wasn't taken in the wrong light, as I agree. I was only trying to comment on why it has become an issue here.

Bina is gold for next year and his injury (although it didn't) could have come from innocent play just as easily as it came from less than par hockey play. That being said, and although I don't blame him for it, I am certainly glad that this UND team is still using it as (seemingly) a form of inspiration as that is one of the most complete hockey games (and at altitude no less) that I have seen UND play in a couple of seasons given the inherent weight of this game. Congrats, Sioux. Bring it home tomorrow!

That was no spear! - Prp brought the stick blade up under his legs and Punks legs buckled :D Kind of a "how 'ya doin?" Cheap shot maybe but considering the "victim" - I have no sympathy. Punky never has been properly repayed for what he did to Bina and I'm not calling for an eye for an eye here but if a little shot to his nuts reminds him UND players remember...it can't hurt! (figuratively speaking :D )

I would call it a cup check. Mike just want to make sure Punkovich was wearing his cup. Apparently it still hurts quite a bit even when your wearing one.

I hope my previous post wasn't taken in the wrong light, as I agree. I was only trying to comment on why it has become an issue here.

Bina is gold for next year and his injury (although it didn't) could have come from innocent play just as easily as it came from less than par hockey play. That being said, and although I don't blame him for it, I am certainly glad that this UND team is still using it as (seemingly) a form of inspiration as that is one of the most complete hockey games (and at altitude no less) that I have seen UND play in a couple of seasons given the inherent weight of this game. Congrats, Sioux. Bring it home tomorrow!

Can't agree more, Sioux brought the complete package to DU tonight. All aspects of the game were tight, PP and PK as well as the odd man rushes. UND has turned the corner in my mind. Watch out this team may have something yet to prove. No surprise as Madtown drops one to Mansucko, Bad-ger's lose all steam coming into the home streach, any word on the Minney game yet??

I would call it a cup check. Mike just want to make sure Punkovich was wearing his cup. Apparently it still hurts quite a bit even when your wearing one.

Anyone remember when Prpich did the same thing to Lee Green, UAA's defenseman, during the 2004 Final Five? Green barely made it off the ice after that. I had to laugh when they showed the UAA bench and all you could see were Green's skates pointed toes up on the dasher.

If Paukovich isn't a soprano tonight, he got off lucky. :D

Can't agree more, Sioux brought the complete package to DU tonight. All aspects of the game were tight, PP and PK as well as the odd man rushes. UND has turned the corner in my mind. Watch out this team may have something yet to prove. No surprise as Madtown drops one to Mansucko, Bad-ger's lose all steam coming into the home streach, any word on the Minney game yet??

Last score I had heard was 4-3 Minnesota. . . not sure if that was a final or not.

Gophers win 4-3. :D

Cheap? Sure

Unnecessary? debateable

It didn't seem to effect him too much. He was able to come back on the ice and run Oshie from behind(should have been 5), then headlock him and drive him to the ice face first(Bertuzzi style) which should have got him a season ending suspension.

Bad news for him, he still has more coming to him....it's called karma

Huh??? First of all, it's hockey and its a rough sport. Secondly, guys beat the living hell out of eachother with their sticks the entire game, most of which isn't called a penalty. Lastly, if there was ever a guy who deserved to get his nutsack smoked by a hockey stick, its Punkobitch.

Sioux definintely played with an attitude tonight and it showed why NO one wants to play the Sioux this time of year, even the #1 team in the country. I know the gophers are squirmin in their seats a little bit more after tonights win... the bracket was looking much easier for them before tonights win.

Sounds like the Sioux played their "A" game tonight. Regarding the nutjob, despite what Prpich might say, it's not about Paukovich but about Prpich. I love his hustle and his willingness to play a checking game when his is asked to, but when he pulls that kind of stuff he is underestimating what he can do as a hockey player, IMO. His team needs him on the ice, not in the box. All that stuff about being the kind of player others hate but would love to have gets old. I would guess that his penalties served/penalties drawn ratio is a substantial minus.

Great game for the Sioux. Another one like that tonight would be huge.

Three things:

1) The Prpich "love tap" on Punky Brewster is all part of his game, he is a very mental player he knows how to get in his opponant's head and throw them off their game. Last year he drank from the goalies water bottle, this year he laughs when he gets checked and he "love taps" Denver's most aggresive player. That move will carry over into tonights game and will aid in throwing Denver off their game, even more than they were last night.

2) I just cheched the projected NC$$ tournament schedule and the Sioux moved into 8th place, a lot could still change, but it's looking really good.

3) Sioux Yeah Yeah

This shouldn't even be a subject for debate. Punky clearly hasn't changed his ways as demonstrated by his attempt to remove Oshies head. I am just glad that the Sioux has players who can give him the attitude adjustments he deserves. :D Besides he is a weak character as demonstrated by the fact that he will never drop the gloves. He should have been a Gopher.

Anyone remember when Prpich did the same thing to Lee Green, UAA's defenseman, during the 2004 Final Five? Green barely made it off the ice after that. I had to laugh when they showed the UAA bench and all you could see were Green's skates pointed toes up on the dasher.

If Paukovich isn't a soprano tonight, he got off lucky. :D

Maybe He'll sing the national anthem with aaron neville?? :D

Maybe He'll sing the national anthem with aaron neville?? :D

I don't know much........but I know my nuts hurt

Who gives a crap.....I'm sure Prpich would have done it to any of the Denver players he happened to face off against.

What was worse than Prpich doing it was the way that Curious George acted like the monkey he is after it happened. He should have just left the ice rather than standing up on the boards and yelling like he did after he was shown the door. What a class act. :D

I love Prp's fiesty, in your face, 'how's your sister' personality on the ice. He has taken stupid penalties, granted but he definiately adds a special zing to the game that makes this fan smile sometimes and laugh out loud many times. Last night, what he did to Punkobitch was exactly what he would have done to anyone else he was facing off with as previously stated. It's what hockey players do to each other several time a game as also previously stated.

Get over it, already. You want a flawless sport, watch Tai Chi.

Now for what gets my blood flowing winter week ends------

GO SIOUX! KICK A$$ AND SWEEP THE PIOS ON THEIR OWN ICE TONIGHT!!