SiouxSports.com Forum

Retaliation? or cheap shot?

southpaw

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but I think the spear by Prpich was cheap, unneccessary, and he should be benched by Hakstol for tomorrow night's game.

I hate paukovich and denver as much as the next guy, but there is no need for that. Just like paukovich's hit on bina looked bad on all of DU (im not comparing the actual damage each caused), things like this look badly on all of UND.

I'd love to see Paikovich get his, but it's gotta be legal. Let Smaby or Finley grop him with an amazing open-ice hit, but Prpich made an unnecessary, dumb play.

Do people agree or do people hate Paukovich so much that they don't care how it happens?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a cheap play as well.

However, I don't think it was that hard of a spear. Plus, Paukovitch should be wearing a cup which would deflect the stick. What I'm saying is that it was no where near as cheap as the hit Paukovitch put on Bina.

EDIT: Don't take me the wrong way, though. Prpich should not have done that and it does make the team as a whole look dirty and cheap.

I think it was a cheap play as well.

However, I don't think it was that hard of a spear. Plus, Paukovitch should be wearing a cup which would deflect the stick. What I'm saying is that it was no where near as cheap as the hit Paukovitch put on Bina.

EDIT: Don't take me the wrong way, though. Prpich should not have done that and it does make the team as a whole look dirty and cheap.

I agree it wasn't that hard of a spear, but it's a spear none-the less. And in no way am I comparing it to the hit on Bina. But are Sioux fans going to continue to want retaliation for the infamous hit until Paukovich is in a wheelchair?

I agree it wasn't that hard of a spear, but it's a spear none-the less. And in no way am I comparing it to the hit on Bina. But are Sioux fans going to continue to want retaliation for the infamous hit until Paukovich is in a wheelchair?

Good question.

For me personally, I just want a fair fight that wouldn't really affect either team if it happenned. I think for a lot of us, the first Friday night game would have been the perfect scenerio for that. Now it's too costly for any team.

The other problem is Paukovich continues to play dirty himself. Look at the Oshie hit and take down tonight. I felt like Prpich was ready to fight him there.

The other problem is Paukovich continues to play dirty himself. Look at the Oshie hit and take down tonight. I felt like Prpich was ready to fight him there.

The hit on Oshie was far more flagrant than the jab to the jewels by Prp.

I disagree with retaliation and cheap shot. I've seen that same hit many times and most of the time it goes unnoticed by the refs. It was NOT a debilitating hit, it was a hit to get the guy's mind off the game. Geeze, if it was anyone other than Punk and Prp, no one here would be making such a big friggin' deal about it.

I disagree with retaliation and cheap shot. I've seen that same hit many times and most of the time it goes unnoticed by the refs. It was NOT a debilitating hit, it was a hit to get the guy's mind off the game. Geeze, if it was anyone other than Punk and Prp, no one here would be making such a big friggin' deal about it.

It was a "normal" play away from the puck that happens 10X a game in any normal hockey game. Just because it happened to "What-the-pauk" doesn't make it any better or worse. Not that it didn't have "meaning" for UND, but don't think it deserves its own scrutiny in a single thread.

JMHO.

While I agree with those who say that what Prpich did to Paukovich was cheap and unnecessary, I question whether it meets the definition of spearing, which is:

HR-74 RULE 6/PLAYING RULES

Spearing

SECTION 48. A player shall not spear an opponent. Spearing shall mean

stabbing an opponent with the point of the stick blade while the stick is

being carried with one or both hands. Spearing includes all cases where a

spearing gesture is made regardless of whether contact occurs.

PENALTY

Edited by PCM

Potetic justice. Irony. I was watching the game with a buddy and we got a good chuckle out of it.

If Prp would have did that to another player it probably would have been a 5 minute major, but the officals called it appropriately in my opinion.

Potetic justice. Irony. I was watching the game with a buddy and we got a good chuckle out of it.

If Prp would have did that to another player it probably would have been a 5 minute major, but the officals called it appropriately in my opinion.

Bias and on point. Kudos my brother. Remember, Bina had to watch it... couldn't be in the game for it!

Hey PCM, where ya been. We missed you on the game thread!

Unfortunately, my TV is upstairs and my computer is downstairs. I couldn't watch TV and be on the computer at the same time. :D

Gotta go wireless and fix that. :D

It's his MEMORY that's short??? I thought it was his........

Any guy who wears a pink tie to a nationally televised national championship game is probably short all over. :D

Plus, don't forget the femmy gardening gloves he wears to hockey practice. :D

It's his MEMORY that's short??? I thought it was his........

George snapped tonight, standing on the dasher and yapping at the officials. I can't wait to read the Denver Post tomorrow, it should prove to be some good reading.