SiouxSports.com Forum

Retaliation? or cheap shot?

southpaw

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bina incident was un-provoked.

The WCHA and Gwozdecky handled Paukovich after the Bina hit. It can certainly be argued that Paukovich should have been punished more than he was, but it's not as if they ignored the situation.

The WCHA also punished Don Adam. The NCAA made checking from behind a point of emphasis as a result of Paukovich's hit on Bina. And, as far as I can tell, Gwozdecky reined in Paukovich because of what happened to Bina.

However, when Prpich decided to take matters into his own hands and get revenge, all that pretty much fell apart. Thus, the Horton quote: "While seeking revenge, dig two graves - one for yourself."

I never said that.

No you didn't. But again, ad nauseaum, the cup tap is a common occurrance in every hockey game played.

We can assume that the Punk turned on TJ because of Prp's cup tap or more likely, because TJ checked him cleanly and that is what pi$$ed him off. How can anyone play hockey if they are going to turn into an animal when something like that happens.

Not having watched the Pio's play any other team, I don't know that Gwoz has really reined the Punk in or not. But I seriously doubt it.

Not having watched the Pio's play any other team, I don't know that Gwoz has really reined the Punk in or not. But I seriously doubt it.

Last season, Paukovich averaged 3 penalty minutes per game. This season, he's averaging 2 penalty minutes per game. That's a fairly significant drop. Just for comparison's sake, Prpich is averaging 2.6 penalty minutes per game this season. He's running a close second to Smaby in penalty minutes.

Why didn't punkobitch retaliate against the goophers, didn't atherton or someone maybe goligoski give him a cfb? Funny that the "sleeping monster" wasn't awakened then, I don't think he tried to rip phil the thrill's head off, did he ? Cause if he didn't then theories of punkobitch responding to a cheap shot with a cheap shot really don't hold much water. I didn't see the goopher-pio game, but I just wanted to throw that example out there for those who might have and can elaborate on it.

i don't like Prpich, probably never will, for me, i'm glad it's his last year. What he did to Paukovich was deserved, but he's lucky that the george flipped or he was, once again, in the penalty box by himself with the team trying to kill off his stupidity. I'm glad that TJ reacted the way he did.....skate away. Prpich would be best served as the "how's your wife and my kids" guy rather than the goon. Angry Canadian or not, 3/4 of the league would whip his ass in a fight, so to bait any other teams goon would not fulfill everyone's fantasy of a "teams police themselves" that some of you have as the results would be negative for Mike. I can't believe that he has/had 92 PIM (as per graphic during game)!! I don't recall UND having that many minutes in power play because of his yapping, or scoring a ton of goals on the ones that they have gotten from him drawing penalties, and for most people, that's his roll...and his other roll, penalty kill, isn't as effective when it's him in the box... I will say, he has calmed down as the year has gone on, and has almost convinced me and those like me that he can be an effective trash talker/get them off their game guy, and then goes and ruins it with a dumbass stunt like friday night. if paukovich getting hurt and missing games is what it takes for some of you to be happy, let it be on a clean, open ice, keep your head up shoulder to the chin hit from smaby, or have oshie or sparky "break his ankles" with some jaw dropping stickwork ending with an overtime game winner on a nationally televised game...hurting someones pride sticks with them longer than any physical pain ever will.....99 of a 100 times

Without getting into it too much, I like Prpich and think he plays his role on the team well. There's a whole element to hockey that doesn't involve a puck, pretty skating, and beautiful goals. That's the world Prpich operates in. I don't exactly see Prpich losing a fight to 3/4 of the league, either. No doubt he'd have trouble with a bigger guy like Paukovich, but I'd like his chances against anyone near his size.

1. I highly doubt 3/4 of the league would whip Prphc's ass. 2. Let's ask Robbie Bina if pride hurts worse than a broken neck. Most people would be happy if the officials or the league would do something to deter punkobitch's behavior, the fact is that it just is not happening, this guy hasn't learned anything from the Bina incident. That was evident by what he did to Oshie and Finley. punkobitch has had enough of the "time out" style of discipline, it's time for an old fashion, "behind the woodshed, whuppin' " for this kid, and maybe he will finally get the hint. One other thing to consider, the Sioux family is large and stretches from coast to coast. On the off chance that this turd should someday play in the NHL, he may just run into the likes of a Mike Commodore or someone, and justice may be served up then. Once you are part of the Sioux family it's a lifetime deal.

Without getting into it too much, I like Prpich and think he plays his role on the team well. There's a whole element to hockey that doesn't involve a puck, pretty skating, and beautiful goals. That's the world Prpich operates in. I don't exactly see Prpich losing a fight to 3/4 of the league, either. No doubt he'd have trouble with a bigger guy like Paukovich, but I'd like his chances against anyone near his size.

I agree that his roll isn't the pretty part of the game, but his roll is to draw penalties, or if he takes one, get someone to go with, and preferably a very uneven trade in UND's favor.

maybe not 3/4 of the league, but every single teams goon, which would most likely be the guy that steps up, would punish him...

and as far as mafia man's comment, i believe they do, but they also lead the league in the "coming in for the hit, player turns, try to hold up, they fall down" checking from behinds in the league, although some of them are very much deserved, and more of a message needs to be sent about the infraction, it's too "easy" for a team...such as denver...to "draw" the checking from behind penalty, especially on a team as aggressive as UND. UND has always been a top of league in PIM, but due to aggressiveness and not dirty play.

I love all this talk about the Sioux retaliating. Hey, that reminds me, do UND players still lead the league in checking from behind penalties?
And Mr. Perfect how many of those were legit and how many were committed against the Sioux that weren't called,hmmm at least three from the last weekend. No way was Fabians a CFB,Finleys was borderline.Hockey is still a contact sport and if other teams turn there backs or try to avoid contact the refs have to be smarter than that.The WCHA leads all leagues in CFB maybe the other leagues have figured something out hmmmmm :silly:

Why didn't punkobitch retaliate against the goophers, didn't atherton or someone maybe goligoski give him a cfb?

No, the question is this: Did any Gopher player deliberately go out of his way to check Paukovich from behind in retaliation for something Paukovich did earlier to another Minnesota player? Because unless that's what happened, the two situations aren't even remotely similar.

1. I highly doubt 3/4 of the league would whip Prphc's ass. 2. Let's ask Robbie Bina if pride hurts worse than a broken neck. Most people would be happy if the officials or the league would do something to deter punkobitch's behavior, the fact is that it just is not happening, this guy hasn't learned anything from the Bina incident. That was evident by what he did to Oshie and Finley. punkobitch has had enough of the "time out" style of discipline, it's time for an old fashion, "behind the woodshed, whuppin' " for this kid, and maybe he will finally get the hint. One other thing to consider, the Sioux family is large and stretches from coast to coast. On the off chance that this turd should someday play in the NHL, he may just run into the likes of a Mike Commodore or someone, and justice may be served up then. Once you are part of the Sioux family it's a lifetime deal.

like i said.....99 out of 100 times

I agree that his roll isn't the pretty part of the game, but his roll is to draw penalties, or if he takes one, get someone to go with, and preferably a very uneven trade in UND's favor.

maybe not 3/4 of the league, but every single teams goon, which would most likely be the guy that steps up, would punish him...

and as far as mafia man's comment, i believe they do, but they also lead the league in the "coming in for the hit, player turns, try to hold up, they fall down" checking from behinds in the league, although some of them are very much deserved, and more of a message needs to be sent about the infraction, it's too "easy" for a team...such as denver...to "draw" the checking from behind penalty, especially on a team as aggressive as UND. UND has always been a top of league in PIM, but due to aggressiveness and not dirty play.

Maybe you and Mafiaman would like it to be the WithoutContactHockeyAssociation this is not Basketball there will be physical confrontations for crying out loud

Maybe you and Mafiaman would like it to be the WithoutContactHockeyAssociation this is not Basketball there will be physical confrontations for crying out loud

I like how this argument is always misrepresented as: If you don't like fighting, revenge and cheap shots, you're obviously against all physical contact in hockey. :silly:

look, I love the physical play in hockey. I think it is a huge part of the game, but there is no room for a f**king goon. period. if i was coming across the middle with the puck with my head down, and you poke checked me, i'm gonna be the first one to call you a pussy for not tearing my head off and teaching me a lesson..but to try and neuter someone, regardless of who and why...(which by the way siouxcia..big difference between what your son was taught and what prp did)...i don't see the need to have someone going around deliberately trying to hurt people with dirty play.........I can honestly say that i am entertained by a good hockey fight.....but i also believe that it takes away from the game itself and the game is why i bought the ticket, not the hopes for a good hockey brawl.

I like how this argument is always misrepresented as: If you don't like fighting, revenge and cheap shots, you're obviously against all physical contact in hockey. :silly:

I would prefer a wide open skating game ending 7-5 but in reality thats not the way the game is played,geez they would have to give out alot of Lady Bing trophys is that was the case.The Sioux play an intimidating style and sometimes it boils over,yes we lead the League in cfb penalties but how many players would you label as dirty?How many cfb has Prpich had?

No, the question is this: Did any Gopher player deliberately go out of his way to check Paukovich from behind in retaliation for something Paukovich did earlier to another Minnesota player? Because unless that's what happened, the two situations aren't even remotely similar.

It doesn't matter he was hit from behind twice, more than enough provocatioon I would say, he's done more damage to other's with a lot less provocation. Why didn't punkobitch retaliate against the person who cheap shotted him then (Prphc) ? The situations are completely similar. A cheap shot is a cheap shot is a cheap shot, how can you say one cheap shot is "good", yet another is "bad", they are all in the "bad" category. I still maintain the Prphc incident had nothing to do with punkobitch snapping, he's simply a loose cannon. The proof is him being run twice by goopphie players and doing nothing. Maybe these two teams just bring out the worst in each other.

Without getting into it too much, I like Prpich and think he plays his role on the team well.

Same here. Mike's leadership was one of the big reasons the Sioux made it all the way to the championship game last season.

There's a whole element to hockey that doesn't involve a puck, pretty skating, and beautiful goals. That's the world Prpich operates in.
True. Prpich plays his role well in that part of the game and will undoubtedly go down as one of the favorite Sioux agitators of all time.

I don't exactly see Prpich losing a fight to 3/4 of the league, either.

I have no idea how he would do against three-quarters of the league. I've only seen Prpich fight once against a player of similar size. And there isn't enough fighting in college hockey for me to make any definitive statement about how one player's fighting ability compares to another's.

What is not similar ? A CFB which for the most part is an illegal (bad or dirty or cheap) hit. Someone giving you a nutter which is essentially a bad, cheap, dirty, illegal, or insert your own adjective, hit. One is not less of an infraction than the other in the grand scheme of things. They are both uncalled for, they can both inflict serious injury. The bottom line is that punkobith is a cheap, classless, no-talent, turd. He is not the victim. He brings on this attention by his actions.

What is not similar ? A CFB which for the most part is an illegal (bad or dirty or cheap) hit. Someone giving you a nutter which is essentially a bad, cheap, dirty, illegal, or insert your own adjective, hit. One is not less of an infraction than the other in the grand scheme of things. They are both uncalled for, they can both inflict serious injury. The bottom line is that punkobith is a cheap, classless, no-talent, turd. He is not the victim. He brings on this attention by his actions.

so you'll agree that prpich is a cheap, classless, no-talen turd? and toews too? cause he made an illegal trip. what about oshie, smaby, lee, and every sioux player who has ever done anything illegal during the game. even the holy one spirko is apparently a cheap, classless no-talent turd because he cheated.