SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

C'mon folks, obvious question:

I know Malcolm Parks has two sons (but I don't know their names, and I'm almost sure they're in Edmonton).

Is this Parks any relation to Mal?

(If, IF, he's Mal's kid I hope for his sake he got his shot from his dad, but his skating ability and looks from his mom. :huh::lol: )

And if anyone has to ask "Who's Mal Parks?" that's three "Hail Parise" and an "Our Hrkac" for penance.

And if anyone has to ask "Who's Mal Parks?" that's three "Hail Parise" and an "Our Hrkac" for penance.

I think you need to do penance.

Why?

Because, remember how the "Our Hrkac" starts:

Our Hrkac, who art in Heaven...

Uh... Tony's still alive and well. :)

Malcolm Parks was from Edmonton, Alberta. He played for UND from 1983 through 1987. His career numbers were 39 goals and 52 assists for 92 points. And, of course, wears a National Chamionship ring. He scored his 18th goal of the season in the 1987 Champioship game against Michigan State. Not too shabby.

Didn't Malcolm Parks wear the C for us in 86-87?

He was a solid two way player who scored clutch goals if memory serves me.

Boy, my memory isn't that good..........you might be right....he was a senior that year. Hrkac, Joyce, Johnson, Kidd, Belfour were not.

Boy, my memory isn't that good..........you might be right....he was a senior that year. Hrkac, Joyce, Johnson, Kidd, Belfour were not.

Looking at my roommate's "University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey 2008/2009 Media Guide" book there is a picture of the 1986-1987 NCAA Championship team... and counting the players in the back row to the guy wearing the C, and matching it up with the up with the names listed... Bob Joyce was captain. It looks like Mal Parks is third from the end in the front row with no letter...

The captain has a two in his number... that's all I can see on his shoulder. So maybe 2, or something in the 20s

Looking at my roommate's "University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey 2008/2009 Media Guide" book there is a picture of the 1986-1987 NCAA Championship team... and counting the players in the back row to the guy wearing the C, and matching it up with the up with the names listed... Bob Joyce was captain. It looks like Mal Parks is third from the end in the front row with no letter...

The captain has a two in his number... that's all I can see on his shoulder. So maybe 2, or something in the 20s

Bob Joyce, the captain was #20.

I think you need to do penance.

Why?

Because, remember how the "Our Hrkac" starts:

Our Hrkac, who art in Heaven...

Uh... Tony's still alive and well. :)

You're unfamiliar with diety who can both be in heaven and walk on earth? You've never heard the concept?

And the prayer starts, "Our Hrkac, who art in Engelstad, ... "

" ... and many false prophets will follow." - Hrkac 48: 46-70-116

Malcolm wasn't a captain. He was a second-round NHL draft pick who played on the Hrkac-Joyce line for part of the season.

His most notable moment: He scored the 4th UND goal (the game winner) in the 5-3 National Championship victory in 1987.

Malcolm wasn't a captain. He was a second-round NHL draft pick who played on the Hrkac-Joyce line for part of the season.

I don't recall that. They started with Steve Johnson (who stayed with them on the #1 power play along with Kidd and Krompatich sp?) and finished with Freshman Brent Bobyck.

you were in your roommate's things!!!!! :) Good thing she left that in the open where you could find it! :D

So Michael Parks has committed to the Sioux for 2010 or 2011?

http://stcharlesjournal.stltoday.com/artic...-parks0.ii1.txt

This article says that he played well with Nick Bjugstad whom is a Gopher recruit for 2011...

But he sounds like a goal scorer! Good for Sioux!

either or, whenever the coaches feel hes ready

http://www.ushr.com/news/20080601

Found this on Michael Parks, pretty much says that he was a "finalist" to be put on the USNTDP, take a look.

yeah pretty much all little articles on him are in 1 of the 2 recruiting threads. stats arent easy as he is playing midget right now and those are published like others.

there was a recruit and his dad on the plane when i flew from cities to g forks today. eades and jackson were there to pick him up.

just went through heisenbergs site and matched the pic with who i saw and it was corban knight from okotoks oilers, eidsness former team and has been mentioned here in this thread

knight

tied for 12th in ajhl league scoring and only rookie in top 20