SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Have some patience.

yeah we are lucky enough to even get info sometimes so lets not drive any great sources away from asking over an over out in the public on this board. when its cool to release it the person/s will release it as they always do for us fans which is sweet. its not as simple as giving clues and so forth. we will find out soon enough

yeah we are lucky enough to even get info sometimes so lets not drive any great sources away from asking over an over out in the public on this board. when its cool to release it the person/s will release it as they always do for us fans which is sweet. its not as simple as giving clues and so forth. we will find out soon enough

Well said AZ, it is lost on me why some people complain about getting leaders on soon to be signings. From what i have seen USA is a good source of hockey info, if anything, whining about the lag time only deters from sharing the knowledge. USA doesn't have to share his info with this site, respect that and appreciate you have a contributer on here that actually wants to keep credibility.

Sorry this comes from a Goofer fan, it may hurt your "street cred" ;)

Rumor has it that the sioux coaches contacted both Demers (Grafton) and Meland(GFRR) on sunday while Demers took his visit Meland was already on his way to Lincoln where he'll play juniors. Next year Ryan Ladoucer(GFRR) will join him, Ladoucer isn't going this year because Lincoln did not want to mess up their Dpairs for playoffs. This is just what i've been told so just thought i'd throw in a little bit of information.

Rumor has it that the sioux coaches contacted both Demers (Grafton) and Meland(GFRR) on sunday while Demers took his visit Meland was already on his way to Lincoln where he'll play juniors. Next year Ryan Ladoucer(GFRR) will join him, Ladoucer isn't going this year because Lincoln did not want to mess up their Dpairs for playoffs. This is just what i've been told so just thought i'd throw in a little bit of information.

Meland and his father were talking with Cary Eades in the lobby of the REA on Sunday before the game. You are correct that Eric Meland was leaving for Lincoln that day after the meeting with Coach Eades.

Meland and his father were talking with Cary Eades in the lobby of the REA on Sunday before the game. You are correct that Eric Meland was leaving for Lincoln that day after the meeting with Coach Eades.

Thanks for confirming skatesshattrick thats what i had heard but its good someone else heard it to. It'd be sweet to see some more hometown boys playing for UND.

Anyone know if the Sioux are trying to get Justin Jokinen? He reminds me a lot of Oshie, the way that he fights thru 2 guys and always seems to be around the puck trying to make a play.

His co-captain D Dustin Brown had 4 goals including the game winner with 11 seconds left in a 6-5 win over Duluth East in the semi and has both goals so far tonight. He has turned down an offer from Mercyhurst and wants to play Jrs in hopes of getting an offer from a WCHA school. He has 30+ pts on the year.

UMD commit John O'Neill has the only goal for Anoka.

st croix mention

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

1. Michael St. Croix-Winnipeg-There are rumors that he's interested in North Dakota. The biggest question might be where would he play the next three seasons if he wanted to stick with the college route.

3 seasons.

Gosh, there's nothing that makes me more nervous than a guy who commits to UND with 2 or more seasons to go before suiting up.

St. Croix and Clarke are both guys that are/would be great additions to the Sioux, but the MJ interest in them are so high that part of me thinks there's no way they'll end up in Grand Forks.

3 seasons.

Gosh, there's nothing that makes me more nervous than a guy who commits to UND with 2 or more seasons to go before suiting up.

St. Croix and Clarke are both guys that are/would be great additions to the Sioux, but the MJ interest in them are so high that part of me thinks there's no way they'll end up in Grand Forks.

The times they are a changing.

I don't think its possible to understate the impact Toews success will have on UND and college hockey in general.

Anyone know if the Sioux are trying to get Justin Jokinen? He reminds me a lot of Oshie, the way that he fights thru 2 guys and always seems to be around the puck trying to make a play.

His co-captain D Dustin Brown had 4 goals including the game winner with 11 seconds left in a 6-5 win over Duluth East in the semi and has both goals so far tonight. He has turned down an offer from Mercyhurst and wants to play Jrs in hopes of getting an offer from a WCHA school. He has 30+ pts on the year.

UMD commit John O'Neill has the only goal for Anoka.

I watched the end of the CEC - Anoka game yesterday. What a gritty effort from CEC. Brown's goals were lucky, but count the same. Jokinen is the real deal. I look for Duluth to go hard after him. CEC has produced some great players including Jamie Langenbruersdklhfewncejkhfs (sp?). His coach says that he is as good as Jamie was at CEC. That is high praise, but I am not so sold...

I think the major junior route vs NCAA hockey is really a family decision. The Toews family is really high on education. The CHL does still offer more games and a schedule that more closely resembles the NHL.

It would be a tough decision to go #1 in a bantam draft and choose college hockey, but I have to believe that there are other perks to being an 18 year old on a college campus. :D

The clear success of Toews, Parise, Vanek, Stastny, etc certainly helps our cause.

The times they are a changing.

I don't think its possible to understate the impact Toews success will have on UND and college hockey in general.

St. Croix, Brett Bensen, and Hurley all being mentioned as possibly going the college route. The times have definitely changed folks. None of these guys would have been a consideration 5 years ago never mind 10 years ago. Top end Western Canadian Talent, all looking at college as a possibility. Wow!

And make no mistake, the 1993's out of Western Canada are an absolutely outstanding group. This is a world class group we are talking about here.

Maybe all three play for UND. Guessing that is why Lucia pet is starting to take a hard look outside of his State. He knows there is no way he could compete against this type of talent.

there is a fabian playing for roseu high school. any relation to erik and if yes is he a possible recruit

I believe it is his younger brother. He is a Senior and he scored the only goal in there Outdoor classic game versus Blaine. Didn't see anything from him that made me think he is DI material in the 3 games I watched Roseau.

I believe it is his younger brother. He is a Senior and he scored the only goal in there Outdoor classic game versus Blaine. Didn't see anything from him that made me think he is DI material in the 3 games I watched Roseau.

thought i heard he may go to bemidji for football, just read that somewhere a couple months back so not sure