SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

i hate to be annoying but i have to ask as there is way to many pages to reat through to find out the answer i am looking for but.... Have UND found any goaltenders for the 08/09 season or are there any uncommited tenders that are worth signing that UND may be interested in (not just in Minnesota or USA but Canada or even Europe?

I have never been in the know about recruiting and i thought i had better start with a pretty big issue that we will face next season.

i hate to be annoying but i have to ask as there is way to many pages to reat through to find out the answer i am looking for but.... Have UND found any goaltenders for the 08/09 season or are there any uncommited tenders that are worth signing that UND may be interested in (not just in Minnesota or USA but Canada or even Europe?

I have never been in the know about recruiting and i thought i had better start with a pretty big issue that we will face next season.

Here is our goalie recruit for next year, he was drafted in the fifth round and also led Team Canada West to the gold medal at the World Junior A Challenge,

http://www.okotoksoilers.com/players.cfm?p...amp;playerid=21

Hak said on the coaches show that they will sign another goalie over the summer.

He didn't ask for the backup. Yes, I'm aware of that they will take another player over the summer.

Actually if you go back and read his question it can be taken both ways. :D

And yes the Sioux do need to recruit a back up to the goalie coming already next season.

Whatever happened to the SSM kid Farrell?

He went from being one of the top goaltenders in his age group to obscurity it seems.

I know he's not the next DiPietro or anything but..

Did he go major juniors? What happened to him?

He's playing Midget hockey in the AYHL for the Valley Forge Minuteman, where he's been the top goalie in the league. I think it's just a matter of goalies being on a little different timetable than skaters. There's a few '90 goalies playing junior hockey this year, and (pretty much)no '91 birthdates. I'd imagine you'll see him playing junior hockey next year or the year after.

Actually if you go back and read his question it can be taken both ways. :D

And yes the Sioux do need to recruit a back up to the goalie coming already next season.

Geez i didnt mean to cause troubles guys :D:D

but thanks for the info i hope we can sign a great backup and i hope that Eidsness turns out to be a solid tender

Geez i didnt mean to cause troubles guys :D:D

but thanks for the info i hope we can sign a great backup and i hope that Eidsness turns out to be a solid tender

Ah, its all good, some people just read things differently.

GO SIOUX!!!

He's playing Midget hockey in the AYHL for the Valley Forge Minuteman, where he's been the top goalie in the league. I think it's just a matter of goalies being on a little different timetable than skaters. There's a few '90 goalies playing junior hockey this year, and (pretty much)no '91 birthdates. I'd imagine you'll see him playing junior hockey next year or the year after.

Thanks Chris.

According to College Hockey Recruiting Exchange (see last comment on the page), UND has some interest already in a 1993 birthdate forward by the name of Michael St. Croix. There are no stats I can find, but he's listed pretty highly.

http://collegehockeyrecruitexchange.blogsp...ist-of-93s.html

Scroll up on page 212. There's already a link to St. Croix's profile and stats.

Seth Ambroz of New Prague is only a Freshman and putting up huge numbers. Travis Boyd from Hopkins is only an 8th grader and has 40+ points. It has been mentioned on here that Tyler Lapic (also at New Prague) would love to play for UND. He is also in the top 10. We got Michael Fink from Hopkins so maybe we have a connection to Travis Boyd. Getting the 2 New Prague boys might also be nice. Lapic might not be a superstar in college, but would be a solid addition to the 2009 or possibly 2010 class. I haven't seen Ambroz play, but he is putting up huge numbers for a freshman. Boyd is a potential high first round draft pick.

A little detective work should make it clear who has just committed. A nice pickup. He's probably the second best of "that birthyear" from "that league" remaining. He probably won't win ROTY the first year he plays for the Sioux, but he should be a solid four year playmaker.

I like the sounds of that.

So, who is the best of that birthyear from that league? ???