SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

riders06... you disappoint me because you didn't even finish reading the statement. Reread it and this time include the parentheses. Then make judgment.

Ok, ok, I'll break it down for you.

Wheeler on the Gophers has the same role Toews had for the Sioux. That of the playmaker who can score. Toews' play allowed Duncan and Oshie to score a ton and Toews was no slouch for finding the back of the twine either. The ROLE is the same. The TALENT is different.

Well then Wheeler would be a poor mans Toews. :D:lol:

Hockey day in Minnesota is tommorow. The late game features Blaine vs. Roseau. It will be aired on FSN North at 11 p.m. If anyone plans on watching this, the player I would pay attention to is Nick Bjugstad from Blaine. I saw him play against Maple Grove earlier this season and he's pretty good. Hammy posted on his blog that he was invited to tryout for the NTDP this year.

Hockey day in Minnesota is tommorow. The late game features Blaine vs. Roseau. It will be aired on FSN North at 11 p.m. If anyone plans on watching this, the player I would pay attention to is Nick Bjugstad from Blaine. I saw him play against Maple Grove earlier this season and he's pretty good. Hammy posted on his blog that he was invited to tryout for the NTDP this year.

any recruiting news on landman or nelson from roseau usa hockey? thanks

Hockey Day in Canada is tomorrow (as well as Hockey Day in Minnesota). CBC is hosting it from Winkler Manitoba (which is basically right across the border). Winkler is where Dustin Penner is from and Ed Belfour played his junior hockey. Ed's son Dayne also plays for Winkler and they will be showing high-lites from the Winkler/Selkirk game on CBC.

There's a nice article on Winkler on NHL.com.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=352367

I had to kind of chuckle at this quote:

"After years of being a

Hockey Day in Canada is tomorrow (as well as Hockey Day in Minnesota). CBC is hosting it from Winkler Manitoba (which is basically right across the border). Winkler is where Dustin Penner is from and Ed Belfour played his junior hockey. Ed's son Dayne also plays for Winkler and they will be showing high-lites from the Winkler/Selkirk game on CBC.

There's a nice article on Winkler on NHL.com.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=352367

I had to kind of chuckle at this quote:

"After years of being a

Pat's brother, John, is J-P's father. John LaFontaine is a pretty good hockey coach, and he was hired at Shattuck this summer, which is why J-P is playing there now. He also has a daughter in the 8th grade at Shattuck.

Jean-Paul is a talented player but it will probably be a while before you start hearing about him receiving really serious college interest.

BREAKING NEWS

Tomorrow a big name recruit will hold a televised press conference in front of a live student audience where he will announce which of two schools he will play for. At the conference he will have two hats set at a table and whatever hat he picks, that's the school he's headed to. The two schools are reportedly UND and UW!

IT WILL BE TELEVISED ON CHANNEL 23 (FSSN) at 11am TOMORROW!

12521.jpg OR 2479.jpg

Which will he choose?!? :)

BREAKING NEWS

Tomorrow a big name recruit will hold a televised press conference in front of a live student audience where he will announce which of two schools he will play for. At the conference he will have two hats set at a table and whatever hat he picks, that's the school he's headed to. The two schools are reportedly UND and UW!

IT WILL BE TELEVISED ON CHANNEL 23 (FSSN) at 11am TOMORROW!

12521.jpg OR 2479.jpg

Which will he choose?!? :D

Who is the recruit? Would the fact that it's being televised on FSSN be any indication of who's he's choosing? :)

Who is the recruit? Would the fact that it's being televised on FSSN be any indication of who's he's choosing? :)

i agree. btw, how did you come across this info BIG A HG? i just wonder about this because we are full for 08 and almost for 09, and for someone to hold a press conference they must be highly recruited...at least i would assume. maybe its belfour for 08?

i agree. btw, how did you come across this info BIG A HG? i just wonder about this because we are full for 08 and almost for 09, and for someone to hold a press conference they must be highly recruited...at least i would assume. maybe its belfour for 08?

Would he really consider Wisco? That would be blasphemous!!!!!! :)