SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I wonder what kind of goaltender the coaches will look at to replace Maris. I have not heard anything, but I'm hoping they recruit a "real" goalie, as Saunders will be a senior next season, and UND had consistency problems in net recently.

Maybe since Saunders is a Junior they could find somebody to agree to a three-headed goalie situation, but I would think they would be looking for a person who wouldn't mind being a practice goalie a majority of the time. Takes a special breed to do that, perhaps a player from around here like a Brian Nies, although he is only a year out of high school so might want to see if he can get a scholarship from somewhere and have a better chance at playing.

I missed this one about a week ago but it looks like junior defenseman Jack Dougherty of St.Thomas Academy has committed to Ohio State. I think he had visited UND during a game this season and he looked like a pretty good prospect in watching him but I don't know if he ever got a Sioux offer.

I know we talked about Joey Anderson of Hill-Murray after seeing him play as an 8th grader for them during the state tournament but it looks like he would be a tough kid to get out of Minnesota after coming across one of his tweets.

Joey Anderson@JTA_829 Mar

Every Minnesota boys dream to wear that maroon and gold someday #gophers

Funny what geography can do to your dreams. I have had nightmares where I was forced to wear the piss and brown.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

anyone got idea who UND is looking at for future goalies and Gropp got rookie of the year at the age of 16 and not committed what's everyone's thoughts on this guy

Gropp would be a big pick up, I'd like to see what Madison Dunn's number would be after playing a full season in the AJHL. Dunn played 38 games for the Brooks Bandits (12-7-19).

I don't know what goalies the coaches are looking at, so here are some uncommitted goalies.

Arthur Brey - Dubuque Fighting Saints 6'0" (24-6-4 OTL's) 3 Shutouts 2.22 GAA .904 SV%. With his coach at Dubuque now the head coach at Denver. I think that it is highly likely that he will go to Denver.

Michael Fredrick - Brooks Bandits 5'9" (42-2-2) 7 Shutouts 1.90 GAA .919 SV%. I happen to see highlights of a game he played this year. He played aggressive and very agile took away the bottom of the net, the only goal he gave up was on a penatly shot.

Kevin Lindskoug - Muskegon Lumberjacks 5'10" (23-18-6 OTL's) 8 Shutouts 2.49 GAA .923 SV%.

Nic Renyard - Penticton Vees 6'1" (10-6-0) 1 Shutout 2.24 GAA .919 SV%.

Connor Girard - Sioux City Musketeers 6'1" (4-7-1 OTL) 3.09 GAA .898 SV%, Dubuque Fighting Saints (14-3-2 OTL's) 2 Shutouts 2.11 GAA .910 SV%.

Kyle Hayton - Sioux City Musketeers 5'11" (14-8-4 OTL's) 2.65 GAA .911SV%

Nick Kulmanovsky - Grand Prairie Storm 5'11" (24-12-0) 1 Shutout 2.49 GAA .918 SV%.

Curtis Skip - Grand Prairie Storm 5'11" (11-9-4) 2 Shutouts 2.58 GAA .919 SV%.

Jared D'amico - Okotoks Oilers 5'9" (23-9-2) 3 Shutouts 2.23 GAA .926 SV%

Brendan Jensen - Fargo Force 6'1" (24-11-1 OTL) 2 Shutouts 2.92 GAA .911 SV%.

Aaron Nelson - Bismarck Bobcats 5'9" (24-7-6 OTL's) 5 Shutouts 1.88 GAA .909 SV%.

anyone got idea who UND is looking at for future goalies and Gropp got rookie of the year at the age of 16 and not committed what's everyone's thoughts on this guy

I've watched Gropp play a few times this season, and he would be a real nice addition. While the recruit pipeline appears to be pretty full at forward through the 1996 birth year, Gropp is a late 1996, so depending on where he is at in school (his birthdate is indicitive of a HS sophomore) there could be room for him.

it sounds like ryan norman may be committing to minnesota. minnesota got a commitment from another shattuck kid this week in ryan lindgren

Maybe Norman will decide to go to Minnesota but I believe his dad did play at UND so I would think we would have a decent shot at him but who knows.

Maybe Norman will decide to go to Minnesota but I believe his dad did play at UND so I would think we would have a decent shot at him but who knows.

Much like Jay Ness, Todd Norman was highly touted out of high school, but his career at UND didn't pan out that well, and he only played a couple of years. Don't know if that was a bad experience or not, but don't know if it gives us an in with his kid either.

Gropp would be a big pick up, I'd like to see what Madison Dunn's number would be after playing a full season in the AJHL. Dunn played 38 games for the Brooks Bandits (12-7-19).

I don't know what goalies the coaches are looking at, so here are some uncommitted goalies.

Arthur Brey - Dubuque Fighting Saints 6'0" (24-6-4 OTL's) 3 Shutouts 2.22 GAA .904 SV%. With his coach at Dubuque now the head coach at Denver. I think that it is highly likely that he will go to Denver.

Michael Fredrick - Brooks Bandits 5'9" (42-2-2) 7 Shutouts 1.90 GAA .919 SV%. I happen to see highlights of a game he played this year. He played aggressive and very agile took away the bottom of the net, the only goal he gave up was on a penatly shot.

Kevin Lindskoug - Muskegon Lumberjacks 5'10" (23-18-6 OTL's) 8 Shutouts 2.49 GAA .923 SV%.

Nic Renyard - Penticton Vees 6'1" (10-6-0) 1 Shutout 2.24 GAA .919 SV%.

Connor Girard - Sioux City Musketeers 6'1" (4-7-1 OTL) 3.09 GAA .898 SV%, Dubuque Fighting Saints (14-3-2 OTL's) 2 Shutouts 2.11 GAA .910 SV%.

Kyle Hayton - Sioux City Musketeers 5'11" (14-8-4 OTL's) 2.65 GAA .911SV%

Nick Kulmanovsky - Grand Prairie Storm 5'11" (24-12-0) 1 Shutout 2.49 GAA .918 SV%.

Curtis Skip - Grand Prairie Storm 5'11" (11-9-4) 2 Shutouts 2.58 GAA .919 SV%.

Jared D'amico - Okotoks Oilers 5'9" (23-9-2) 3 Shutouts 2.23 GAA .926 SV%

Brendan Jensen - Fargo Force 6'1" (24-11-1 OTL) 2 Shutouts 2.92 GAA .911 SV%.

Aaron Nelson - Bismarck Bobcats 5'9" (24-7-6 OTL's) 5 Shutouts 1.88 GAA .909 SV%.

I think UND may have missed the boat on a young man who played for Minot in the NAHL. Big athletic kid who ended up signing with St. Lawrence university. Last name is Parks, could have had a two headed Parks monster on the team.

I think UND may have missed the boat on a young man who played for Minot in the NAHL. Big athletic kid who ended up signing with St. Lawrence university. Last name is Parks, could have had a two headed Parks monster on the team.

A friend of mine said he saw an "athletic looking male and his parents" taking a private tour of UND with Karl Goehring, possible third string goalie for next year? He had no idea who he was, and wasn't wearing anything that would indicate where he played. All he said was that "he was definitely over 6 feet, probably around 6'2".

A friend of mine said he saw an "athletic looking male and his parents" taking a private tour of UND with Karl Goehring, possible third string goalie for next year? He had no idea who he was, and wasn't wearing anything that would indicate where he played. All he said was that "he was definitely over 6 feet, probably around 6'2".

wouldn't anyone look tall next to Karl Goehring? :lol:

If St. Lawrence was the best offer he received....I'm fine with missing out on him. The NA is a decent league...but no where near the talent level of the USHL.

He is from St.Louis, so he could be related to Michael Parks. With Minot he was (18-17) 2 Shutouts 2.79 GAA .917 SV%.

Chris Dilks at WCH blog had a brief mention of Nolan Patrick, a top young player out of western Canada, and nephew of former UND great James Patrick. Any word on whether UND is recruiting him, and chances of success?

Chris Dilks at WCH blog had a brief mention of Nolan Patrick, a top young player out of western Canada, and nephew of former UND great James Patrick. Any word on whether UND is recruiting him, and chances of success?

It would be a huge shocker if Nolan doesn't play in the WHL.

If St. Lawrence was the best offer he received....I'm fine with missing out on him. The NA is a decent league...but no where near the talent level of the USHL.

St. Lawrence is a great school...three all-Americans this year...part of ECAC that had two teams in the NCAA Championship game...why diss them?...USHL best league for sure, but sometimes very good players play in the NAHL.

• Upvote 1

It would be a huge shocker if Nolan doesn't play in the WHL.

Speaking of, Nolan Patrick was just selected 4th overall in the WHL Bantam Draft by the Brandon Wheat Kings

I would like to remind you that Faragher is a nahl product and because of him, we have not had the dominance over SCSU in recent years.
  • Upvote 1

Yea, that ECAC sucks anyways...those guys can't play hockey at all. :silly:

St. Lawrence is a great school...three all-Americans this year...part of ECAC that had two teams in the NCAA Championship game...why diss them?...USHL best league for sure, but sometimes very good players play in the NAHL.

Definitely, I didn't know he was a goalie. Every once in awhile a decent goalie comes from the NA. We'll agree to disagree regarding the ECAC...I look back further than one year. Their track record isn't that great.

Edit: For all of you instantly bashing my initial post...please see above.