SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Potential uncommitted prospects and other players to watch in the Minnesota State High School tournament:

CLASS A Starting Wednesday 11a.m.

#2 Breck vs. Marshall

Breck- Sr. F #16 Thomas Lindstrom, Sr. F #23 Matt Colford

Marshall- Nobody

#3 Hermantown vs. Duluth Marshall

Hermantown- Sr. D #4 Jake Zeleznikar, Sr. F #20 Chris Benson, Sr. F #5 Bo Gronseth, Sr. F #27 Travis Koepke

Duluth Marshall- Sr. F #14 Connor Flaherty

#1 St.Thomas Academy vs. St.Cloud Apollo

STA - Jr. D #2 Jack Dougherty, So. F #15 Tom Novak, Sr. G David Zevnik, So. F Christiano Versich

Apollo- Sr. F #10 Jared Christen, Fr. G #32 Nick Althaus, So. F #13 Jason Oman

#4 East Grand Forks vs. #5 Rochester Lourdes

EGF- Jr. D #6 Colton Poolman, So. F #9 Dixon Bowen, So. D #12 Tye Ausmus, Sr. F #17 Tommy Hajicek, Jr. F #18 Brandon Loven, Fr. F #19 Tanner Tweeten, Jr. D # 27 Eddie Eades, Fr. F #29 Grant Loven

Lourdes- Sr. F # 7 Jason Samuelson, Sr. F # 20 Alex Funk, So. D #21 Griff Slightam

CLASS AA Starting Thursday at 11a.m.

#2 Duluth East vs. Moorhead

East- Sr. D #15 Meirs Moore, Sr. F #21 Ryan Lundgren, Sr. F #23 Alex Toscano, Sr. F #27 Jack Forbort

Moorhead- Jr. F #8 Aaron Herdt, Sr. F #10 Tony Uglem, Sr. F #17 Nick Uglem, Sr. F #27 Thomas Carey, So. G #33 Jacob Dittmer

#3 Edina vs. Lakeville North

Edina- Sr. G #1 Willie Benjamin, Sr. F #10 Andy Jordahl, So. F #20 Dylan Malmquist

North- Nobody

#1 Hill-Murray vs. Eastview

Hill- Sr. G #1 John Dugas, 8th F #8 Joey Anderson, Jr. #16 Josh French, Jr. F #17 Willie Brown, Sr. F #21 Zach LaValle, Jr. F #26 Tyler Funk, Sr. D #27 Sam Becker, Jr. F #28 Mitch Slattery

Eastview- So. G #30 Zach Driscoll

#4 Wayzata vs. #5 Centennial

Wayzata- Fr. F #6 Max Zimmer, So. F #15 Matt Freytag, Sr. F #19 Chase Haller, Sr. G #30 Aaron Dingmann

Centennial- Sr. F #5 Andrew Bertrand, Sr. F #9 Jordan Pitlick, Sr. F #16 Hans Gorowsky, Jr. F #20 Ryner Gorowsky, Sr. G #33 Patrick Munson

Potential uncommitted prospects and other players to watch in the Minnesota State High School tournament:

#2 Breck vs. Marshall

Marshall- Nobody

Hermantown- Sr. D #4 Jake Zeleznikar, Sr. F #20 Chris Benson, Sr. F #5 Bo Gronseth, Sr. F #27 Travis Koepke

STA - Jr. D #2 Jack Dougherty, So. F #15 Tom Novak, Sr. G David Zevnik, So. F Christiano Versich

EGF- Jr. D #6 Colton Poolman, So. F #9 Dixon Bowen, So. D #12 Tye Ausmus, Sr. F #17 Tommy Hajicek, Jr. F #18 Brandon Loven, Fr. F #19 Tanner Tweeten, Jr. D # 27 Eddie Eades, Fr. F #29 Grant Loven

Lourdes- Sr. F # 7 Jason Samuelson, Sr. F # 20 Alex Funk, So. D #21 Griff Slightam

East- Sr. D #15 Meirs Moore, Sr. F #21 Ryan Lundgren, Sr. F #23 Alex Toscano, Sr. F #27 Jack Forbort

Moorhead- Jr. F #8 Aaron Herdt, Sr. F #10 Tony Uglem, Sr. F #17 Nick Uglem, Sr. F #27 Thomas Carey, So. G #33 Jacob Dittmer

Edina- Sr. G #1 Willie Benjamin, Sr. F #10 Andy Jordahl, So. F #20 Dylan Malmquist

North- Nobody

Hill- Sr. G #1 John Dugas, 8th F #8 Joey Anderson, Jr. #16 Josh French, Jr. F #17 Willie Brown, Sr. F #21 Zach LaValle, Jr. F #26 Tyler Funk, Sr. D #27 Sam Becker, Jr. F #28 Mitch Slattery

Wayzata- Fr. F #6 Max Zimmer, So. F #15 Matt Freytag, Sr. F #19 Chase Haller, Sr. G #30 Aaron Dingmann

Centennial- Sr. F #5 Andrew Bertrand, Sr. F #9 Jordan Pitlick, Sr. F #16 Hans Gorowsky, Jr. F #20 Ryner Gorowsky, Sr. G #33 Patrick Munson

I really like that Bowen kid from EGF....I watched him play over the Holidays. Smart.

#2 Breck vs. Marshall

Marshall- Nobody

North- Nobody

Its funny looking at all the people that are potential uncommitted people to watch and everyone has at least 1 to 5 to watch.... Then I look at my old high school and see nobody... that's section 3A for ya

Its funny looking at all the people that are potential uncommitted people to watch and everyone has at least 1 to 5 to watch.... Then I look at my old high school and see nobody... that's section 3A for ya

Aw, another fellow SW Minnesota native?

Yeah, it's basketball-land.

Do this rivalry game is about to start. Schools 7 miles apart and coaches are great friends. Bummer north schools had to play head to head first round

Any of these guys mentioned below legit high end d1 guys?

Do this rivalry game is about to start. Schools 7 miles apart and coaches are great friends. Bummer north schools had to play head to head first round

Any of these guys mentioned below legit high end d1 guys?

Benson, Gronseth, and Koepke all had a goal and looked pretty good and really moved the puck well on the powerplay, not sure they are high end D1 guys but may have a shot. Probably will play juniors somewhere and see where they go from there. Zeleznikar was pretty good but will probably be headed to juniors next year, probably needs to improve the footwork but good vision and made a couple great passes. Flaherty really didn't stand out too much and didn't really look like a high end D1 guy in todays game.

Duluth East Jack Forbort, does it look like he's D-1 material, I assume he's Derek's brother? He's surprisely only 5'8.

I believe he is Derek's brother, I plan to watch him tomorrow against Moorhead but he has produced well for East and they play a pretty tough schedule. I would guess he will at least have some type of opportunity with a junior team somewhere.

The greasers are looking really good. Playing pseudosioux hockey and the Rochester boys can't handle it.

They do! UNDjr team :) ha eades,bowen,poolman and company.

Poolman laid a Lourdes player out! Nice hit 2-0 EGF halfway through

Poolman lays another guy out. Does his older brother play like that as well?

They do! UNDjr team :) ha eades,bowen,poolman and company.

Poolman laid a Lourdes player out! Nice hit 2-0 EGF halfway through

Poolman lays another guy out. Does his older brother play like that as well?

Tucker is extremely smart with puck, never makes a bad pass and sees the ice very well. He'll throw the body around also, but I would consider his 'hockey sense' to be the strongest part of his game

EGF is good! Do they have a decent shot vs st Thomas if they advance?

3-2 now 4:40 left

A lot of people think St. Thomas could win the A or AA tourney this year, but I think if EGF gets some good goaltending a lot of people might be suprised. EGF has depth just like St. Thomas and doesn't rely on only a couple players like other teams. There defense is very good and they seem like they play such a disciplined style, I wouldn't be suprised if EGF pulled off the upset but a lot of people would.

Duluth East and Moorhead game just finished with East winning 1-0. Forbort has some skill with the puck but didn't really stand out too much as East is a very deep team. Meirs Moore was very impressive and reminds me a lot of Nick Mattson and Joe Gleason, I would really like the Sioux to land him. Moorhead's goalie Jacob Dittmer was pretty impressive with 29 saves and absoolutely robbing East a couple times a lot like Bitzer against Eagan, he will be a guy to watch as he is only a Soph. this season.

A lot of people think St. Thomas could win the A or AA tourney this year, but I think if EGF gets some good goaltending a lot of people might be suprised. EGF has depth just like St. Thomas and doesn't rely on only a couple players like other teams. There defense is very good and they seem like they play such a disciplined style, I wouldn't be suprised if EGF pulled off the upset but a lot of people would.

Duluth East and Moorhead game just finished with East winning 1-0. Forbort has some skill with the puck but didn't really stand out too much as East is a very deep team. Meirs Moore was very impressive and reminds me a lot of Nick Mattson and Joe Gleason, I would really like the Sioux to land him. Moorhead's goalie Jacob Dittmer was pretty impressive with 29 saves and absoolutely robbing East a couple times a lot like Bitzer against Eagan, he will be a guy to watch as he is only a Soph. this season.

I have liked Meirs Moore for a few years now. Two years in the USHL and he will be a very good NCAA player.