SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Anyone know if we're going after Rauhauser at all? Also did anyone see him play yesterday? Seems like a pretty damn good player and those don't come out of the west very often. It'd be a shame to let him slip away.

Not sure if we are after him or not but I plan to watch him tonight as the games will be on KVLY.

In the time I was able to watch Rauhauser during period breaks and commercial breaks of the Sioux game I thought he looked like a pretty good prospect. He has some good hands and very good vision of the ice, pretty decent skater and good size but probably needs to add some muscle on the frame and get a little stronger. I think he is a kid to keep tabs on for a year of juniors and see how he performs there but I liked what I saw from him watching him for the first time.

EGF vs Warroad in section final Thursday 7pm in EGF.

I know EGF has eades, Bowen, poolman and tweeten. Does Warroad have anyone to watch for as well? I see a Christian and a Nelson. Pretty good hockey blood lines. They any good?

EGF vs Warroad in section final Thursday 7pm in EGF.

I know EGF has eades, Bowen, poolman and tweeten. Does Warroad have anyone to watch for as well? I see a Christian and a Nelson. Pretty good hockey blood lines. They any good?

EGF also has another Ausmus who is a great skater but a little on the small side, for Warroad I think Nelson is Brocks brother but he is not in the same talent class, I'm not sure that Christian even really plays or not, the best prospects from Warroad are Soph forwards Kobe Roth and Jared Bethune. Also for anyone that wants to watch in the area and can't get to the game WDAZ will be broadcasting it live for the first time ever.

EGF also has another Ausmus who is a great skater but a little on the small side, for Warroad I think Nelson is Brocks brother but he is not in the same talent class, I'm not sure that Christian even really plays or not, the best prospects from Warroad are Soph forwards Kobe Roth and Jared Bethune. Also for anyone that wants to watch in the area and can't get to game WDAZ will be broadcasting it live for the first time ever.

Cool, thanks for the info!

It would have been nice to get him.

Maine got Tyler Gjurich (53-44-97) in 53 games (2-3-5) in 2 playoff games.

Maine will need 10 more of him to be good again. Can't believe how much they fell off but it happens to everyone at some point I guess. That's the east coast team I would actually cheer for so hope they turn it back around. Now for the rest of hockey east, I hope they lose every game they play.

Maine will need 10 more of him to be good again. Can't believe how much they fell off but it happens to everyone at some point I guess. That's the east coast team I would actually cheer for so hope they turn it back around. Now for the rest of hockey east, I hope they lose every game they play.

I completely agree about rooting for Maine, I've always felt like Maine has a lot in common with North Dakota in a sense. It doesn't take much though to get a program back though, experience natually brings any team to the forefront.

Maine currently has 9 freshman! That's why they've been inconsistent this year, look for Maine to be solid in 2-3 years.

Go Warroad!! Hope to hear reports on those potential recruits from tonight's big game from those who go.

I'll be watching it on WDAZ. Kind of a contrast in styles as EGF is highly offensive skilled and has great team speed and Warroad is more of a defensive team and can have trouble finding the back of the net. My prediction is the Green Wave head to state with a 3-1 win.

Coach Hakstol is in attendance tonight as they showed him on TV standing next to former Sioux Jeff Bowen, looks like a couple of current Sioux players are also at the civic center to take in tonights game too.

Cary Eades is there too and I think I might have seen Dane Jackson as they panned the crowd

EGF beats Warroad 2-0. Really impressed with Tanner Tweeten and Dixon Bowen as they created a lot of chances and definitely have some big potential. Eddie Eades has good size and a nice shot but needs to improve his footwork. I liked what I saw from Colton Poolman and Tye Ausmus for EGF as well on the defensive end as they were real smooth skaters and good puck movers. Grant Loven and Brandon Loven also looked pretty good playing on a line with Tweeten and I believe one is a Freshman and one is a Junior. Tommy Hajicek looked good for EGF but he is a Senior and I would guess will be headed to junior hockey next season. EGF completely controlled the game and outshot Warroad 32-13, goalie Justin King really kept Warroad in it and EGF doesn't have a lot of upperclassmen so this could be the start of a nice run for EGF.

There were a couple players from Warroad that stuck out a little bit and I saw flashes from and they were 10th graders Jared Bethune and Luke Jaycox, also saw Blayke Nelson (Brock's brother) do some nice things and really has a physical side to his game. I had heard to watch for Kobe Roth but I really wasn't impressed with him and he is very small but looks like he has put the points up throughout the season.

EGF beats Warroad 2-0. Really impressed with Tanner Tweeten and Dixon Bowen as they created a lot of chances and definitely have some big potential. Eddie Eades has good size and a nice shot but needs to improve his footwork. I liked what I saw from Colton Poolman and Tye Ausmus for EGF as well on the defensive end as they were real smooth skaters and good puck movers. Grant Loven and Brandon Loven also looked pretty good playing on a line with Tweeten and I believe one is a Freshman and one is a Junior. Tommy Hajicek looked good for EGF but he is a Senior and I would guess will be headed to junior hockey next season. EGF completely controlled the game and outshot Warroad 32-13, goalie Justin King really kept Warroad in it and EGF doesn't have a lot of upperclassmen so this could be the start of a nice run for EGF.

There were a couple players from Warroad that stuck out a little bit and I saw flashes from and they were 10th graders Jared Bethune and Luke Jaycox, also saw Blayke Nelson (Brock's brother) do some nice things and really has a physical side to his game. I had heard to watch for Kobe Roth but I really wasn't impressed with him and he is very small but looks like he has put the points up throughout the season.

I bet Roth will be quite the player once he grows. He has really good vision and feel and soft hands. He just looks like a middle schooler on the ice and is basically still a boy. He'll hit a growth spurt and that will allow him to be physical and skate faster and stronger.

I bet Roth will be quite the player once he grows. He has really good vision and feel and soft hands. He just looks like a middle schooler on the ice and is basically still a boy. He'll hit a growth spurt and that will allow him to be physical and skate faster and stronger.

I heard a lot of good things about him throughout the year and judging by his point totals he produced most of the season, he is only a 10th grader so he could still grow some.

he is only a 10th grader so he could still grow some.

Judging by how he looks physically he's barely into puberty and hasn't had his big growth spurt yet. I have a cousin who was 5' as a soph in high school out in Cali and his senior year he was 6'5" tall. Some people are just extremely late bloomers.