SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

WILD HOG THE HONOURS

Winnipeg Wild players Luke Paulsen and Brendan O'Donnell are the Manitoba AAA Midget Hockey League players of the week.

Paulsen, a 16-year-old defenceman, had nine assists and a rating of plus-8 as the Wild eliminated the Brandon Wheat Kings from the playoffs with a three-game sweep.

O'Donnell, a 16-year-old forward, had six goals and three assists in the series win over the Wheat Kings. He recently accepted a scholarship to play for the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux.

The very prestigious prospects tournament is in Toronto this weekend for the 93 birthdates. It is one of the best showcase tournaments in North America and I know our coaches were there last year and I would imagine since the season is done they will be this year. If anyone lives in the Toronto area I would strongly recommend going. Here is a list of the teams and schedule,

http://www.prospectstourney.com/Rosters%20...les-rosters.xls

Also, the USA Hockey Tier 1 18U National Championship starts on Wednesday and runs through this weekend in Pittsburgh. You can follow that here,

http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/Tourna...DivisionID=1478

I wonder if there is still a chance of Jeremy Morin coming our way. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/5635

It says it was last update on the 23rd, so maybe Morin is coming the NCAA route instead of Kitchner of the OHL. He'll be in fargo this weekend, hopefully the coaches will be too!

I tend to side with the recruiting experts that say he isn't an option that he is going the CHL route. I think one or two of these guys actually

has some inside information.

I tend to side with the recruiting experts that say he isn't an option that he is going the CHL route. I think one or two of these guys actually

has some inside information.

I agree, but something really bothers me:

Why didn't he bolt earlier?

He's using it as a bargaining chip with Kitchener. If they really want him and he threatens NCAA hockey hard enough he might be able to get the contract he wants. Some of these major junior players make decent cash.

That is what I was thinking today when I read that clip.

Central Scouting had Cichy as a 5th or 6th rounder at mid-season. I wonder if his improved production (2nd in USHL goal scoring and 3rd in overall scoring as well as a + overall since switching teams) has improved his draft position. Obviously first rounders are can't miss NHL players and second rounders are on the path to becoming NHL players if they stay on projectory, while 3rd rounders are usually projects for the NHL who need some seasoning in NCAA, CHL or AHL play, and 4th round and later are guys with NHL upside who you think might have a chance, so you want them, but you don't want to invest too much into them.

Central Scouting had Cichy as a 5th or 6th rounder at mid-season. I wonder if his improved production (2nd in USHL goal scoring and 3rd in overall scoring as well as a + overall since switching teams) has improved his draft position. Obviously first rounders are can't miss NHL players and second rounders are on the path to becoming NHL players if they stay on projectory, while 3rd rounders are usually projects for the NHL who need some seasoning in NCAA, CHL or AHL play, and 4th round and later are guys with NHL upside who you think might have a chance, so you want them, but you don't want to invest too much into them.

#168 of North American Skaters.

#168 of North American Skaters.

Watkins and Frattin are 4th rounders.....they will not be able to hold a candle when it comes to scoring compared to Cichy. Cichy is undersized but very talented and will get 30 + points next year.

Watkins and Frattin are 4th rounders.....they will not be able to hold a candle when it comes to scoring compared to Cichy. Cichy is undersized but very talented and will get 30 + points next year.

I'll say 10-14--24. Not that I'm an expert, but you just don't come into the WCHA and tear it up unless you're a stud. I'm sure Cichy is good, but is he a Toews or Oshie type? No. I hate Duncan comparisons because there aren't many Duncans. For every small player like Duncan, there are probably 20-30 great players that just wouldn't cut it at this level.