SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Clarke claims he was hoping that Lewiston drafted him! They must be offering him a lot of money because who else would hope that a mid level organization thats finished 9th drafts them?

I cant believe someone would give up a chance to play in a brand new arena for a legendary coach and then give up the opportunity to play in one of the best facilities in the world for a traditional powerhouse with a great reputation for developing pros all to play in a rink that is 45 years old for some coach that played with the Hanson brothers and the Charlestown Chiefs. I guess he must think the Q is that much better then College hockey.

Im glad hes never going to be a Sioux cause he already showed his word means NOTHING

Clarke claims he was hoping that Lewiston drafted him! They must be offering him a lot of money because who else would hope that a mid level organization thats finished 9th drafts them?

I cant believe someone would give up a chance to play in a brand new arena for a legendary coach and then give up the opportunity to play in one of the best facilities in the world for a traditional powerhouse with a great reputation for developing pros all to play in a rink that is 45 years old for some coach that played with the Hanson brothers and the Charlestown Chiefs. I guess he must think the Q is that much better then College hockey.

Im glad hes never going to be a Sioux cause he already showed his word means NOTHING

Well said.

He's a 15 year old kid. I could hardly make these decisions at 20.

It's the way things go when you are dealing with kids this age.

You know, this could be a hockey-karma thing. Hagemo switched his commitment from Bucky to Goldy and look what happened in the end. The Sioux were fortunate to end up with Gregoire. Can you imagine how this would hurt if it were the other way around? Maybe the Clarke thing was just a little what-goes-around-comes-around.

In today's environment, we have to expect some of these way-early commits to go south. Better early than late.

Can't be too many better junior coach's to play for and develop into a D1 college player than under Blais. Clarke's loss will be another player's gain, as it makes room for someone else. It will be interesting to see how quickly Fargo becomes one of the best USHL teams.

Can't be too many better junior coach's to play for and develop into a D1 college player than under Blais. Clarke's loss will be another player's gain, as it makes room for someone else. It will be interesting to see how quickly Fargo becomes one of the best USHL teams.

It will be interesting to see the RUN and GUN race horse hockey of Blaiser.

ok now that clarke isn't coming who else is out there we can get that will fill his shoes.

I'm hoping Harbison points him our way, but...

Austin Madaisky-LD Penticton (BCHL) 6'1 165 1-30-92

Also...

Calvin DeHaan-LD *Kemptville (COJHL) 5'11 165 5-9-91 58-3-39-42-14 2008 COJHL Rookie of Year

*Omaha next season

I'm hoping Harbison points him our way, but...

Austin Madaisky-LD Penticton (BCHL) 6'1 165 1-30-92

Also...

Calvin DeHaan-LD *Kemptville (COJHL) 5'11 165 5-9-91 58-3-39-42-14 2008 COJHL Rookie of Year

*Omaha next season

One guy who is REALLY underweight and one guy who is from practically Junior B?

Underweighters can make it (Marto) but... wait and see as far as I'm concerned.

As for DeHaan, let's wait for his performance with Omaha. COJHL is a relatively weak conference. It's weaker than the NAHL as far as I know.

One guy who is REALLY underweight and one guy who is from practically Junior B?

Underweighters can make it (Marto) but... wait and see as far as I'm concerned.

As for DeHaan, let's wait for his performance with Omaha. COJHL is a relatively weak conference. It's weaker than the NAHL as far as I know.

The REALLY underweight guy went 7th overall in the WHL draft.

Lasch was from the "practically Junior B" league.

The REALLY underweight guy went 7th overall in the WHL draft.

Lasch was from the "practically Junior B" league.

Good points.

7th overall? Isn't that pretty highly drafted to make a recruiting pass on him?

Every league has its diamonds in the rough, so I suppose DeHaan could be just that.

7th overall? Isn't that pretty highly drafted to make a recruiting pass on him?

There's two tipoffs as to why he might go the college hockey route...

1. He's a grade ahead in highschool, meaning that he'll be a senior next season.

2. He'll be playing in the BCHL next season. Of course, that fact doesn't preclude him from playing in the WHL after he's graduated high school, but I personally think it will improve his draft stock to play a full season of college hockey before his draft year. That is, you can be a fourth liner on a good college hockey team and still get picked in the first round of the draft, but you pretty much have to be one of the top three players on your CHL team to get picked in the first round.

anyone know if Grand Forks natives Ryan LaDoucer and Eric Meland are getting looks from und. seen them both play lots and i have to say they can play

They both are receiving some interest. Meland has been getting regular calls from the coaching staff. He already has some offers from Ivy League schools. Ladouceur has also gotten some pretty solid interest from what I have heard. Both players will play for Lincoln next year.

There's two tipoffs as to why he might go the college hockey route...

1. He's a grade ahead in highschool, meaning that he'll be a senior next season.

2. He'll be playing in the BCHL next season. Of course, that fact doesn't preclude him from playing in the WHL after he's graduated high school, but I personally think it will improve his draft stock to play a full season of college hockey before his draft year. That is, you can be a fourth liner on a good college hockey team and still get picked in the first round of the draft, but you pretty much have to be one of the top three players on your CHL team to get picked in the first round.

Good points, but then why did the WHL team blow a first round pick on him then?

Did Mike Cichy commit to the QMJHL?

" Mike Cichy, C, Tri-City Storm (USHL)

One of the best college-commits in the US, Cichy instead will be heading to the QMJHL for 2009-10. A dazzling puck-handler and playmaker, he could have an offensive explosion like Edmonton's Sam Gagner experienced. Doesn't turn 18 until after the draft."

http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey...-draft-sleepers

One of the best college-commits in the US, Cichy instead will be heading to the QMJHL for 2009-10. A dazzling puck-handler and playmaker, he could have an offensive explosion like Edmonton's Sam Gagner experienced. Doesn't turn 18 until after the draft."

He is also listed on the Moosehead's training camp roster with Brad Malone:

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?p...sortByMode=DESC

Did Malone have academic problems?

I suppose we will hear from Brad soon enough.