SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

very nice!!

gona play under deano as well

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

Clarke was born in 1992, and is originally comes from Canada. He spent last year at Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep School, before moving on to Russell Stover this year. He's a very smooth offensive defenseman, that is ranked as one of the top prospects in this year's QMJHL draft.

In addition to committing to North Dakota for the 2010 season, Clarke also agreed to join the Fargo Force of the USHL next year, an expansion team that will be run by former North Dakota coach Dean Blais.

Great pickup im realy excited about this and was wondering if we would get confirmation sometime today. I like the fact that he'll be going to play in fargo next year Blais will groom him and get him ready for his time here at UND.

its confirmed by a few sites. the coaches cant talk about any verbal recruits until they sign when that day comes in the future

15-year-old commits to UND

Jason Herter brought his hockey team to his old college campus over the weekend to compete in the Little Caesars North American Showcase.

One of his players, 15-year-old defenseman Garrett Clarke, says he will be back.

Clarke became the youngest player ever to give a verbal commitment to UND this weekend when he told Sioux coaches that he will play for them beginning in 2010.

The Moncton, N.B., native had been a projected top-three pick in June

What a great start to the 2010 recruiting class with him and Mattson. Anybody think he may have been the reason that we never made an offer to Schmidt? Nice to see we have D-man lined up for the future but I still would prefer to add 1 or 2 more for 08.

I think I'd rather have Clarke :D

What a great start to the 2010 recruiting class with him and Mattson. Anybody think he may have been the reason that we never made an offer to Schmidt? Nice to see we have D-man lined up for the future but I still would prefer to add 1 or 2 more for 08.

i think many schools wanted shmidt and i would have loved it if he came to UND to join clarke but we didnt get him. nice pick up with clarke

I saw many of the Midget tourney guys walking around on Friday during the Sioux game, a bit wide-eyed, how could that NOT impress you and make you want to play here? Great recruiting tool.

Agreed that these tourneys are a great recruiting tool for the Sioux.

Hopefully they keep on being held at the Ralph.

I also agree with I Ranger that the Sioux already have the makings of a fantastic 2010 recruiting class with Mattson and Clarke.

Keep it up Hakstol!

Let's hope Clarke makes it to college hockey becuase that's not a lock by any means.

No recruit is a lock until they get registered for school. But, how many recruits can you think of that committed to UND that haven't ended up playing for the Sioux? Even after Johnathan Toews committed to the Sioux, people had their doubts that he would actually play at UND. But, he played for two years. He turned down a lot of pressure from Chicago and a lot of money to play here the second year. Oshie is another one who'd turned down a lot of money to play an extra year for the Sioux. This isn't like other places where kids will pack up and leave in the middle of the night for little or no money. :D

So, the kid is presently a sophomore in high school, and he's going to play next year in the USHL with the alleged Fargo team. Then what? That puts us at 2009-10; Schlossman says he's a 2010 recruit.

I must be getting too old; I think all parties in this thing are being asked to make commitments at far too early a stage of development. Good for UND, the kid sounds like a stud. But who knows what he's going to be like almost three full school years from now. :D

No recruit is a lock until they get registered for school. But, how many recruits can you think of that committed to UND that haven't ended up playing for the Sioux? Even after Johnathan Toews committed to the Sioux, people had their doubts that he would actually play at UND. But, he played for two years. He turned down a lot of pressure from Chicago and a lot of money to play here the second year. Oshie is another one who'd turned down a lot of money to play an extra year for the Sioux. This isn't like other places where kids will pack up and leave in the middle of the night for little or no money. :D

Grieco

Bishop

:D

But point taken, we have been a little less prone to the MJ pull that other places. What are they going to say,"We'll develop you better than Jonathon Toews?" :D

So, the kid is presently a sophomore in high school, and he's going to play next year in the USHL with the alleged Fargo team. Then what? That puts us at 2009-10; Schlossman says he's a 2010 recruit.

I must be getting too old; I think all parties in this thing are being asked to make commitments at far too early a stage of development. Good for UND, the kid sounds like a stud. But who knows what he's going to be like almost three full school years from now. :D

agree that they should put a age limit on recruiting kids but thats a tough one to do because verbals can come anytime and that woulds be hard to regulate. he could end up in major juniors but also this is a good move to see him in the green and white. he will play 2 years i the ushl then und in 2010. mattson is also a 2010 so good start for that class at a early stage :D

Let's hope Clarke makes it to college hockey becuase that's not a lock by any means.

I'd like to double emphasize this.

He is from Moncton folks. Moncton, along with London (OHL) and Red Deer (WHL), constitute one of the top three locations that have been successful in luring NCAA players and NCAA commits away from their schools. Moncton, I'd say, is even more successful.

Clarke hasn't been drafted by QMJHL teams yet, but if Moncton drafts him, I'd be very surprised if he suited up for the Sioux. They are weasels in Moncton and Moncton happens to be where Clarke used to live (before moving to, of all places, Missouri).

agree that they should put a age limit on recruiting kids but thats a tough one to do because verbals can come anytime and that woulds be hard to regulate. he could end up in major juniors but also this is a good move to see him in the green and white. he will play 2 years i the ushl then und in 2010. mattson is also a 2010 so good start for that class at a early stage :D

2 years under Deano's tutelage! Could we ask for anything better???