SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Hopefully that means that its official.

But there is nothing on Heisenberg's site yet.

Evan Trupp-LW (12/28/05) Penticton (BCHL) 5'8 155 10-22-87 (2007) 59-29-50-79-37 || 1-0-0-0-0 || 2004 USA U-18 team; 2003 USA U-17 team

Darcy Zajac-RW (12/28/05) Salmon Arm (BCHL) 6' 183 9-23-86 57-37-44-81-76 || 60-12-21-33-75

%Chay Genoway-D/C (11/8/05) Vernon (BCHL) 5'8 165 12-20-86 56-16-32-48-71 2003 Manitoba U-17 team

%Michael Forney-RW (11/2/05) Thief River Falls 6'2 175 5-14-88 2005 USA U-18 Team

%Jake Marto-D (4/26/05) Omaha (USHL) 6' 160 8-11-86

#Chris Vandevelde-LW (6/8/04) Lincoln (USHL) 6'2 180 3-15-87 2005 NHL Draft #97

Who the Heck is chuck, I mean is he credible?

:ohmy:

I hope so, Chuck has been correct before IIRC.

That's why I said 'no offense.' I don't think Chuck would lie, but I'd love to see something written down proving it too. Heisenberg doesn't have it yet and I don't subscribe/have access to USHR.com.

Just a hunch but if this is true and Lapoint has committed I would bet he comes next year instead of Marto. I don't think the coaches are too pleased with Marto's development. Who knows though maybe they both come next year or maybe Marto comes and Lapoint plays a year in the USHL. I guess time will tell.

I don't think the coaches are too pleased with Marto's development.
Where do you get this ?

Compared to many other recent yrs top defensive prospects, Marto has one of the best + -'s in recent yrs

I don't get how some folks rank defensemen (to me Lee still has alot of developing to be 1/2 as good as some seem to think he is) I guess that is why the Sioux coaches do the recruiting of talent not us

Lee has stepped up some recently - I'd sure like to see him play to the potential some see in him, the rest of the way out this year

Just a hunch but if this is true and Lapoint has committed I would bet he comes next year instead of Marto. I don't think the coaches are too pleased with Marto's development.

That's not the case at all. I'm quite sure they feel Marto has all the skills necessary to be a very good college player. Some players just develop faster than others.

Where do you get this ?

Compared to many other recent yrs top defensive prospects, Marto has one of the best + -'s in recent yrs

I don't get how some folks rank defensemen (to me Lee still has alot of developing to be 1/2 as good as some seem to think he is) I guess that is why the Sioux coaches do the recruiting of talent not us

Lee has stepped up some recently - I'd sure like to see him play to the potential some see in him, the rest of the way out this year

Marto is a plus 5 this year. He certainly does not have numbers that stand out when you look at his stats for a guy who is supposed to be an offensive d-man. I am not sure what you mean when you say he has the best +/- in recent years unless you mean in high school at Central which would mean nothing at this point. I do not know whether he will turn out to be a good player or not all I know is he has not done that great this year in Omaha and is pretty lean to play defense in the WCHA next year unless he has added some serious muscle to his frame.

OK, let's look at the numbers. If Stafford leaves, we lose two forwards, as Prpich is graduating, and Marvin as a utility kind of player. So from that perspective maybe someone can fill in the spaces with incoming recruits. Don't we have Trupp, Zajac, and Genoway coming for sure ?

OK, let's look at the numbers. If Stafford leaves, we lose two forwards, as Prpich is graduating, and Marvin as a utility kind of player. So from that perspective maybe someone can fill in the spaces with incoming recruits. Don't we have Trupp, Zajac, and Genoway coming for sure ?

Im pretty sure that Trupp is a 2007 recruit actually.

The math the way I see it:

Sure losses:

Prpich, Marvin

Pretty sure losses:

Smaby, (forward TBD)

Possible additional losses:

(forward TBD)

That's losing one D, one to three F, and a utility guy. Call it somewhere in the four range.

Sure gains:

Bina (off the redshirt)

Heisenberg says:

Darcy Zajac-RW

Michael Forney-RW

Chris Vandevelde-LW

Chay Genoway-D/C <-- utility guy?

Jake Marto-D

I'd say Hak-n-Staff has it covered even in a "worst case" scenario.

PS - Heisenberg says "Evan Trupp-LW" in 2007.

Heisenberg says:

Darcy Zajac-RW

Michael Forney-RW

Chris Vandevelde-LW

Chay Genoway-D/C

Jake Marto-D

Heisenberg says "Evan Trupp-LW" in 2007.

The math the way I see it:

Sure losses:

Prpich, Marvin

Pretty sure losses:

Smaby, (forward TBD)

Possible additional losses:

(forward TBD)

That's losing one D, one to three F, and a utility guy. Call it somewhere in the four range.

Sure gains:

Bina (off the redshirt)

Heisenberg says:

Darcy Zajac-RW

Michael Forney-RW

Chris Vandevelde-LW

Chay Genoway-D/C <-- utility guy?

Jake Marto-D

I'd say Hak-n-Staff has it covered even in a "worst case" scenario.

PS - Heisenberg says "Evan Trupp-LW" in 2007.

Seems like you repeat yourself in this post :)

And yeah, I consider Genoway to be a 1 for 1 replacement for Marvin. They both have similar abilities position wise. Genoway potentially could have a better offensive upside.