SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Having seen a number of pretty good players the past few days at Scheels Arena I'd have to say that Lukas Zajic from Shattuck St. Mary's has to be on a ton of radars. Effortless skater.  Played on the same line today as TJ Hale from West Fargo.

Others to note:

A.J. Garcia, Victor Plante, Shaeffer Gordon-Carroll (Chicago Mission). Dain Gordon (Bishop Kearney, but is from Denver), Luke Carrithers (Sioux Falls Power, Maple Grove kid).  Cooper Soller (Shattuck).  

Most of these kids were at the evaluation camp, but getting to see them live is just a treat.  I'm just taken back by the skill and creativity.  

*Carrithers not in Fargo this week but saw the Power in West Fargo a few weeks back. 

where do you buy tickets to this? or is it free?

I'd recommend anyone in the FM area with time to kill stop and watch these kids play.  The games are only going to get better as the knockout session starts on Friday.  Pool play ends today with most of the final 8 spots already secured. 

54 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd recommend anyone in the FM area with time to kill stop and watch these kids play.  The games are only going to get better as the knockout session starts on Friday.  Pool play ends today with most of the final 8 spots already secured. 

Ridiculously high end tourney. I didn’t grow up in MN, but live here now. I really wish MN was able to participate in this. And yes, I know it is technically possible for MN teams to make this tourney…but in all reality, it isn’t. 

19 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Ridiculously high end tourney. I didn’t grow up in MN, but live here now. I really wish MN was able to participate in this. And yes, I know it is technically possible for MN teams to make this tourney…but in all reality, it isn’t. 

I'm not a fan of this age group playing by the USA hockey rules on the icing while short handed and automatic offsides, but the kids are so skilled they've just adapted.

*Maybe not on the PK, they still ice the puck. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not a fan of this age group playing by the USA hockey rules on the icing while short handed and automatic offsides, but the kids are so skilled they've just adapted.

*Maybe not on the PK, they still ice the puck. :lol:

Fun stuff…wish I was closer to Fargo 

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

The real amazing thing is that as high end as it is 15s is a quasi tier2 division... as the higher end 15s will be on their programs 16U team.

But not always so you still end up with some super high-end kid who you'll hear and see in college and beyond in the future.

It does kinda stink that SSM takes the MN slots every year, with at-large availability it would kinda make sense for them to be just granted a provision at large slot every year and allow for the other MN teams to compete more often.

But then others would want the same and some other acade6would just fill SSM void in MN.

These nationals truly are amazing experiences for the participants, spectators, and recruiting.

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The real amazing thing is that as high end as it is 15s is a quasi tier2 division... as the higher end 15s will be on their programs 16U team.

But not always so you still end up with some super high-end kid who you'll hear and see in college and beyond in the future.

It does kinda stink that SSM takes the MN slots every year, with at-large availability it would kinda make sense for them to be just granted a provision at large slot every year and allow for the other MN teams to compete more often.

But then others would want the same and some other acade6would just fill SSM void in MN.

These nationals truly are amazing experiences for the participants, spectators, and recruiting.

Partly true…some advisors push for their players to play at their birth years. Sometimes physical maturity comes into play. 15O level has a ton of good players. Zajic from SSM is one of the highest end 08s in the country. LI Gulls have high end 08s as well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Partly true…some advisors push for their players to play at their birth years. Sometimes physical maturity comes into play. 15O level has a ton of good players. Zajic from SSM is one of the highest end 08s in the country. LI Gulls have high end 08s as well.

Hence the....

Its just impressive the sheer talent that is out there.

A great thing to be able to host them in our state, and even more awesome for Team ND kids who earned their way to experience it!

They'll be better for experience and had themselves a chance at some real exposure

21 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Hence the....

Its just impressive the sheer talent that is out there.

A great thing to be able to host them in our state, and even more awesome for Team ND kids who earned their way to experience it!

They'll be better for experience and had themselves a chance at some real exposure

That’s my problem…I can only make it 1-3 sentences in :) 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

08 Zach Nyman committed to Penticton for 24-25 keeping college as an option. We should be in on him.

Pair him with Dupont perhaps?

U17 team announced hope the coaches are already looking at these players. 

Forwards: Mikey Berchild, Dayne Beuker, Wyatt Cullen, Aurelio Garcia, Brody George, Jamie Glance, JP Hurlbert, Casey Mutryn, Sammy Nelson, Victor Plate, Logan Stuart, Parker Trottier, Lukas Zajic 

Defense: Abe Barnett, AJ Francisco, Jonas Kemps, Logan Lutner, Jackson Marthaler, Tyler Martyniuk, Luke Schairer, Sam Wathier

Goalies: Luke Carrithers, Brady Knowling 

Plate I feel follows his brothers to Duluth and Stuart follows his brother to Denver.

Other players invited: Landon Amrhein (F), William Bent (F), Noah Davidson (F), Jimmy Egan (F), Dain Gordon (F), Caden Harvey (F), Nikita Klepov (F), Nate Pederson (F), Leo Laschon (D), Kade Meyer (D), Rhys Medved (D), Odin Wauhkonen (D), Kaenan Smith (G), Xavier Wendt (G)

Since UND needs to build their goalie pipeline and not default to the portal: Jack Hirshorn and Jackson Silverberg out of Shattuck-St. Mary's 

39 minutes ago, RhettRingers said:

Wonder if Logan Hensler is looking at decommiting with all that is going on at Wisco. We could use another right handed Dman.

I would guess no since Hastings was the coach he committed too 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, tnt said:

Is he a relative of the Horcoff that used to play for Michigan State?   

Sounded like there was a battle between Michigan and Michigan State for him. So I’m guessing he is.