SiouxSports.com Forum

UND signs Toews

PCM

Hopefully Kessel and Stoa are the next Tallackson and Waibel.

Stoa might well be a bust, but I definitely don't expect Kessel to be a disappointment. He may not live up to the enormous hype that is preceeding him, but he will definitely be an impact player in the WCHA.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you all.....Parise/Vanek has transformed into Toews/Kessel

Over/Under on the number of Kessel threads on SS and the number of Toews threads on GPL during the season is set at 491...that's each, not combined :lol:

Both Kessel and Toews will impact their team...Kessel looked great at the WJC and I expect him to almost live up to the hype. Which means he's being waaaay too overhyped by the media. He'll have an easier transition than Toews, but after a month or so I expect Toews to be just fine. As far as the GPLers...I think it's more that they took him from under Bucky's nose at the moment, than him "saving" the program...

Can people stop quoting 12 different posts?! If you're going to quote please keep it to one or two...it's getting ridiculous having only like 5 posts per page because of all the quoting. PLUS, it sucks when I have to sift through it. Gosh you guys, can't you just always appease me! :silly:

Geez...see what I mean...."IT WAS A JOKE" ....I didnt even know you have a sister...In the famous words of Sgt. Hulka..."Lighten up, Francis!!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you post crap like that again, (in the famous words of "Francis") "I'll kill ya." :silly::lol:

Toews was impressed with the atmosphere at REA...New or Old?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope your joking considering UND just finished their fourth season in the new REA and considering Toews is currently 16 years old I doubt he took a campus visit when he was 12 years old. :D

I hope your joking considering UND just finished their fourth season in the new REA and considering Toews is currently 16 years old I doubt he took a campus visit when he was 12 years old. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think, that maybe, he was making a dig towards the lack of atmosphere at the new ralph and the bomb ass atmosphere of old. ;)

I think, that maybe, he was making a dig towards the lack of atmosphere at the new ralph and the bomb ass atmosphere of old. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IF the administration monkeys with the Student Seating at the arena there is going to be a real problem with the atmosphere of the arena.

IF the administration monkeys with the Student Seating at the arena there is going to be a real problem with the atmosphere of the arena.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there already is not allowing them to stand and cheer and be rowdy like students are supposed to be. i agree with the cheers not needing swearing, but you are correct, it is going to be one f'd up mess if they start messing with the students seating.

Jonathen Toews is a great recruit. That should be enough for Sioux fans. I have said this before and it still holds true. North Dakota's recruiting class doesn't need to take a back seat to anyone's class including the Gopher's. I suppose though that it is unrealistic to expect that comparisons won't be made to the Gopher's class and in particular, Kessel. I prefer to stay away from the my dog is better than your dog argument but the following quote is just too good to pass up.

"Great news on Toews. I think that he has experienced play against better competition and excelled at it every bit as much as Kessel has. I am not impressed with the NTDP, and the products it sends to NCAAs. Hopefully Kessel and Stoa are the next Tallackson and Waibel. "

I will grant you your opinion about NTDP players but you have no foundation to stand on in the competition comparison between Kessel and Toews. I am not going to mince words here, this is a ridiculus statement. You say hope in thinking Kessel and Stoa will be like Tallackson and Waibel. Hope it is but I think you know you are grasping at straws in that comparison.

BTW here is a another quote from earlier in the thread that also deserves a mention.

"been watching Sioux Hockey for a lot of years and I can't ever remember a team as fun to watch as this team. THey clearly were playing the best hockey in the country at the end of this season. Damn I wish we would have won that game! Can't wait for October!"

The enthusiasm is commendable but reality escapes you. Denver CLEARLY was playing the best hockey in the country at the end of the year. sometimes reality bites but at least the Sioux were clearly playing better than the Gophers at the end of the year. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care who gets the best recruits: Sioux, Gophers, or Michigan (Pretty sure they do year after year with the development team in their backyard) and I don't care where they come from GF, ND, MN, Canada, or Australia. All I care about is what they do for the Sioux (on and off the ice) and how hard they play for the Sioux, and most importantly how they play as a TEAM, cause talent alone doesn't get one to far.

One player doesn't make a recruiting class better than any of the rest, folks. The best recruiting class isn't the one that has all of the critics throwing roses and fainting in ecstasy. It is the one that comes in and has the most impact in helping their team get the furthest.

Kessel cannot single handedly win NCs. If a single player could, then Zach would have given us 2 NCs. It comes down to the team. Kessel will help, sure, but I think the Sioux have the best recruiting class in terms of being well rounded.

Gophers are top heavy. Their class will be the one the critics will blab about before the season. I'm optimistic that the recruiting class that will get the most attention post season will be the Sioux's.