SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

The program would benefit from an old fashioned press conference, where the question.... "Bubba, why let time run out at the end of the half with a time out in your pocket?    if the program is against questions like that, then the whole thing is a dog and pony show to pocket a living. 

I'd love to see this but in this atmosphere it just ain't happening.  What I'd like to happen even more is for the AD to ask Bubba that question.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish said:

Agreed these individual incidents are on the player - however the special teams coach is in charge of recruiting and coaching his players and so in a way responsible for how they perform.  His recruits, his coaching.  

We have very good special teams last year.  The drop a bunch inside twenty.  Not what happened this time.

23 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

How many years since we had a good kicker? We haven’t tried a 50+ yd FG in how long now?

Agreed from arguably 1985 to about 2010 we had an amazing run of kickers and then just haven't been able to connect in the D1 era. It's been a big difference maker we've been missing. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Our AD has low/mid expectations and there is no way to argue that. Look at the results of the teams.  

If things continue to be bad, I'll be bringing a "Blame Chaves" poster to games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

How many years since we had a good kicker? We haven’t tried a 50+ yd FG in how long now?

9 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Agreed from arguably 1985 to about 2010 we had an amazing run of kickers and then just haven't been able to connect in the D1 era. It's been a big difference maker we've been missing. 

It boggles my mind how inept our kicking game had been in the D1 era compared to the D2 era when UND had a great kicking game. Kicking a football is not that hard; especially when that’s all you do and practice it hours a day each and every day. You would think one of the 7500 males walking the campus every day could step on the field and do a better job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Still bending over backwards to defend ya boy who couldn’t make an extra point?

I think you’re confusing me with someone else. Just pointing out what the top teams in the fcs have at kicker. You want something the top teams don’t even have. Let’s be realistic buddy 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I think you’re confusing me with someone else. Just pointing out what the top teams in the fcs have at kicker. You want something the top teams don’t even have. Let’s be realistic buddy 

Realistically I figured you could understand the difference between a career long and what a guy can comfortably attempt. I will adjust my expectations.

Romfo seems to buy time with his legs until Bo was able to get open and find him for the 1st down a few times.  I question whether Jerry would be able to do that.  Romfo was also able to scramble for some nice runs.  

I like that we played an FBS team right before Montana.  Everything should slow down for Romfo vs Montana.  Hoping to see him run the offense much better in front of a friendly crowd the next 4 week and go to Fargo feeling much more comfortable running the offence.

13 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Romfo seems to buy time with his legs until Bo was able to get open and find him for the 1st down a few times.  I question whether Jerry would be able to do that.  Romfo was also able to scramble for some nice runs.  

I like that we played an FBS team right before Montana.  Everything should slow down for Romfo vs Montana.  Hoping to see him run the offense much better in front of a friendly crowd the next 4 week and go to Fargo feeling much more comfortable running the offence.

jerry can run..................if given the chance...same for trey (but we'll never know i guess unless he lights it up somewhere with his 2 years left)

Screenshot 2024-09-03 4.10.11 PM.png

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jerry can run..................if given the chance...same for trey (but we'll never know i guess unless he lights it up somewhere with his 2 years left)

Screenshot 2024-09-03 4.10.11 PM.png

If Jerry and Trey could run as well as Romfo, the coaches would have had designated plays for them last year.