SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2024-25

cberkas

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Arizona State will have 11 home games done by a tv crew and the rest done by Cronkite students.

ASU students have done a reasonable job.  IMO Better than the professionals calling SCSU and UMD games.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FSSD said:

ASU students have done a reasonable job.  IMO Better than the professionals calling SCSU and UMD games.

They are not bad; they basically copy how the NHL has a person between the benches. They just need someone that knows hockey better to go with the PxP guy. Some Cronkite alums/students are not happy about the local FOX station doing games. 

2 hours ago, FSSD said:

I actually like Bruce Ciskie who does UMD , SCSU is very rough still though in my opinion 

2 hours ago, MGsioux said:

I actually like Bruce Ciskie who does UMD , SCSU is very rough still though in my opinion 

I love SCSU broadcasts.  Not that they're necessasarily trying to be, but I think the guys are legitimately funny.  Clown show!

• Upvote 1

Hockey East media poll:

2024-25 Hockey East Media Poll
1. Boston College (14) 164
2. Boston University (1) 146
3. Maine 125
4. Providence 113
5. Massachusetts 110
6. Northeastern 94
7. New Hampshire 73
8. Connecticut 54
9. Merrimack 45
10. Vermont 34
11. Massachusetts-Lowell 32

Lucius will miss some time at the beginning of the season from the sounds of it:

Arizona State forward Cruz Lucius is dealing with a lower-body injury and head coach Greg Powers said Lucius will miss some time. Powers didn't give any specific timeline, though.

"It's obviously fluid, but hopefully not too much," Powers said. "Right now, he's probably going to miss a little bit of time."

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/nchc-media-day-notes-tommies-confident-in-their-position-moving-forward

In the comments to McMahon's tweets above, someone notes that Hockey East is at risk of splitting up - the Boston schools which have loads of money and will happily buy as many trophies as they can, contrasted with the smaller schools and lower budget schools that might rather stay with 18 scholarships and no revenue sharing.  

I think, a decade after the first attempts, the NCHC can become "National" and pick up some high profile Eastern schools.

• Like 1