SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-25 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No Pyke; Gaber looked 80%; Persson was out for a couple weeks. 

Wonder if Schloss will tell us the "whys" now that it's history. 

He'll tell us Blake is still injured from Friday night and can't play an hour before the exhibition game vs Augustana in October. :wink:

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

UND had last change Friday night. Berry controlled matchups.
So why juggle the lines when you can put out your choice against McGroarty et al. 

It's like Berry was reacting when he should've been driving/controlling. 

Or were we more hurt/ill than we were led on. 

Thought is was very weird to change lines for this game , and if Gaber is dinged up why put him on the checking line with Jammer. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

Seriously though, many pro teams have a sports psychologist. If we are trying to be a pro team with all our amenities it would make sense to have a sports psychologist. Maybe even share them across the other non-hockey sports :silly:

I'm sure the members of this board could refer a long list of mental health providers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

How the < bleep > can we be looking at probably (at least?) nine new faces again this fall. Replacements for: 

Gaber, Ness, Johannes, Albrecht, Emerson
Pyke, Pehrson, Britt
Persson <-- yeah, I said it 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

How the < bleep > can we be looking at probably (at least?) nine new faces again this fall. Replacements for: 

Pyke, Pehrson, Britt

Didn't Constantini score Friday? 

Seems like the program is being built on anti-gravity beds, greener grass elsewhere and a nap room.

@Wilbur might need Ozempic to get down to a comfortable playing weight but I know he's got eligibility left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Cooper Moore was a goal away from St Paul. 

Moore had made a great block and swept the puck out of the zone and out of harms way a few minutes before BC actually tied it up. Got kudos from Buchi for that defensive play.

Schlossman has an article out giving first projections of a roster for 2024-25. 

Excerpts:

if Blake returns to college for one more season, he has the power to become a free agent next summer. Players have that option four years after their draft year. Because Blake played a year of junior hockey after his draft year, that option comes to him after Year 3 at UND.

It's unlikely Carolina will want Blake to have that option. NHL teams don't want to potentially lose assets for nothing.

If the Hurricanes sign Blake, they essentially have him under team control for the next six years, as Blake cannot become an unrestricted free agent until age 27.

The other two candidates to sign pro deals are junior forward Cameron Berg, a New York Islanders draft pick, and senior goaltender Ludvig Persson, a free agent.

The rest of the article reads like stuff talked about here: size, faceoffs, experienced defender, 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Schlossman has an article out giving first projections of a roster for 2024-25. 

Excerpts:

The rest of the article reads like stuff talked about here: size, faceoffs, experienced defender, 

Interesting. Thought I read both an Athletic and Hockey News article this month that said Carolina might try trading Blake for lack of room in their system. 

17 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Interesting. Thought I read both an Athletic and Hockey News article this month that said Carolina might try trading Blake for lack of room in their system. 

Well he wasn’t included in the Guenztel trade…so the Canes clearly value him (or Pitt doesn’t I suppose :)).

27 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Well he wasn’t included in the Guenztel trade…so the Canes clearly value him (or Pitt doesn’t I suppose :)).

Right. I don’t think it’s that they don’t value him. To the contrary, sounds like they do. Just no AHL club for the Canes, and as Schloss pointed out, they could lose him as a FA if he returns to UND. So I think it’s an issue of trying to get value for him, if necessary. 

I guess one positive of Schlossman’s article is that it didn’t read: Blake, who tore his ACL near the end of the Michigan, will sign to start his rehab process from within the Canes organization….

20 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Pyke, Pehrson, Britt

Albrect can come back. Emerson leaving was a waste. Would have preferred to see Constantini being listed as a Sr for 24-25 as well. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Can he really come back? I thought he was a 5th year already.

He didn’t play his freshman year so that was technically a redshirt year. So he’s eligible for another year.

The 2020-21 season "never happened". 
It counts as neither an eligible year nor a competition season under the NCAA "5 years to complete 4 seasons of competition" rule. 

That's why Gaber could come back. 

Albrecht never stepped onto the ice in 2019-20 so it only counts as "eligible", not "competition". That's 1 and 0. 2020-21 never happened, Seasons ending 22, 23, 24 put Carson at having done 4 eligible and 3 competition. Thus he could play 2024-25; but, he also turns 26 in May. He's closer in age to Dillon Simpson (31) than the incoming freshmen Boisvert (18) and Swanson (18).

Thank goodness that this spring is the last group that the "2020-21 never happened" rule applies to. It's filling the portal with guys looking for one last kick at the can. Won't be like that next spring. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Non conference dates are out there. NCHC releases their conference schedule at some point in April I believe. 

Hopefully they have Arizona State on the road in January.   Would imagine those tickets would be tough to come by though. 

Just now, tnt said:

Hopefully they have Arizona State on the road in January.   Would imagine those tickets would be tough to come by though. 

Schlossman mentioned on his podcast a while back that UND plays AT Arizona State in the “winter.” So make what you will of that comment. I am assuming January or February.