SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC 2024

90siouxfan

Was looking to the future host sites and the US is hosting the 2026 WJC (played the end of 2025) and it is down to Minneapolis/St. Paul, Las Vegas, and Seattle.  They are supposed to announce the site during this year's tournament.

M/SP would be the X and the John for venues.

I was in my 2nd year of my growing passion for UND hockey when the 2006 WJC was at the Ralph ... I only caught two WJ games that year and wish I would have gone to each and every game I could have.  The talent that was at the tournament will never be matched again.  I really regret missing out on that Canada/Russia championship game.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RedFrog said:

I was in my 2nd year of my growing passion for UND hockey when the 2006 WJC was at the Ralph ... I only caught two WJ games that year and wish I would have gone to each and every game I could have.  The talent that was at the tournament will never be matched again.  I really regret missing out on that Canada/Russia championship game.

Yeah that was a blast when the Ralph hosted.
My favorite memory was playing hockey at University Park with Ty Gretzky (Wayne's son) and one of his friends.  A big group of us played for a few hours and then the Great One drove to pick up Ty, but unfortunately never got out of the car.  :)

• Upvote 2