SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

51 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

Thank you!  We will always be UND Fans.  Everyone treated Jack very well during his time as a Fighting Hawk! 

We will have great memories from our time in North Dakota.  I have enjoyed participating in the Fan Forum.  G

Jack was one of my favorite players.  I would guess that he was a great locker room guy, too.   I will definitely miss him.  Hope he has success at his next stop.  Psalm 32:8.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

5-11 with limited  scrambling skills and arm strength, I would say D2.  He is a great game manager but with limited upscale to his game.  

Possible, but I think another FCS school is more likely. I'm sure there are some schools out there that need an experienced guy to bridge them a year while they develop a younger guys. Or someone to create a QB competition with a current started who isn't very good.

Tommy isn't going power 5 (even that would be super cool!), but there could even be some MAC schools that would give a guy with his experience and numbers a look. I get there are plenty out there who think he was mediocre across the board, but his numbers don't lie either. He may not have all of the measurables that some kids do, but he did a ton for UND. Personally, I think our deficiencies have more to do with poor situational play calling, but that's just me. 

I would think Tommy's landing spot will also heavily depend on school programs and location. Some in Michigan or Illinois?? E Illinois, W Illinois (moving conference)?? E Michigan? I really have no clue what type of QB situations those schools have right now. Or maybe he will go D2 route. I suppose it depends how much does he want to play vs get some more scholly money and schooling.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Possible, but I think another FCS school is more likely. I'm sure there are some schools out there that need an experienced guy to bridge them a year while they develop a younger guys. Or someone to create a QB competition with a current started who isn't very good.

Tommy isn't going power 5 (even that would be super cool!), but there could even be some MAC schools that would give a guy with his experience and numbers a look. I get there are plenty out there who think he was mediocre across the board, but his numbers don't lie either. He may not have all of the measurables that some kids do, but he did a ton for UND. Personally, I think our deficiencies have more to do with poor situational play calling, but that's just me. 

I would think Tommy's landing spot will also heavily depend on school programs and location. Some in Michigan or Illinois?? E Illinois, W Illinois (moving conference)?? E Michigan? I really have no clue what type of QB situations those schools have right now. Or maybe he will go D2 route. I suppose it depends how much does he want to play vs get some more scholly money and schooling.

I was thinking MAC or GLIAC......

36 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I keep checking the site to see if there's a write-up and/or podcast after the Sac St. game.

Thinking about this some more, they are probably going to wait until they believe the transfer portal situation is done or at least close to done.

5 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Could be?!? or he's just waiting for the right time to talk about this miserable football season that just ended.

I hope he is critical of the coaching staff and doesn’t sugar coat things

bubba said he had to look at himself too, if so he has did a poor job of that the past years 

Just now, Kab said:

That’s exactly right but I’m sure players talk amongst themselves about the way these coaches called games this year

if you don’t think they do I’m not sure what to say 

This is the reality of college athletics now. Until a player tweets "I'm entering the transfer portal because I'm sick of this coaching staff", your opinion is based on nothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

This is the reality of college athletics now. Until a player tweets "I'm entering the transfer portal because I'm sick of this coaching staff", your opinion is based on nothing. 

I don’t think that would be good for the players recruitment…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

They won’t say that in public or a tweet

would hurt them in finding another place to play 

• Like 2

I think Ben was among the best transfers we brought in. I feel he is a bit undersized for a DE but made up for it often times with motor. That being said progression is required in the trenches and guys that are 25 to 30lbs heavier but just as athletic as he is, is what we are looking for. 275 to 280. I hope Ben lands on his feet.